• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's wonderous up-b

Driller7

Smash Rookie
I noticed it's slightly different than Fox and Falco's because if you use it and follow all the way through, meaning don't stop hitting them with it, he will kick and make them fly a lot farther than Fox & Falco's. Personally, I think it's awesome. A good one at 60% could send them flying.

bLaiS

Smash Cadet
i definitely like it better than fox/falco. it has better ko potential but should only be used as a surprise to catch them off guard.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
You're the first one I've seen to praise Wolf's Up B. XD

But then again, they are complaining about it's recovery.

(PS: New sig... woot!)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You're the first one I've seen to praise Wolf's Up B. XD

But then again, they are complaining about it's recovery.
(PS: New sig... woot!)
lol, exactly what i was thinking when i read the OP

Wolf's upB is all fun and games until you try to sweetspot a ledge

GodotAA

Smash Ace
i usually use wolf's up b to kick unsuspecting people in the face. other wise it's not too great

It also can kick through the stage. Ive only really seen it on FD though.

if someone is edge guarding you pretty close to the edge and you do the up b directly sideways if that kick gets off it can knock them away from the ledge leaving it open while you grab a sweetspot. It's risky but it can work.

obviously it won't work the same way if they stole your ledge

Jon2Anderson

Smash Rookie
personally I like the Fox/Falco up B better just because you can use it to burn people surrounding you initially, then launch them into the air for preparation for a smash by you or a teammate. You can't really get that full effect with Wolf's Up-B.

waks

Smash Journeyman
its supposedly exactly equal in distance as fox's, but afaik fox can fall forward afterwards while wolf plummets straight down.
This.

Wolf's upB cant go forward, making it harder to recover when you lack a few more just to lock up on the ledge.

@Jon
Well, its somewhat the same since Wolf's upB doesnt have a charge up time. He instantly launches himself to the direction you desire.

Top Bottom