• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's spike

RARE King

Smash Cadet
I know Wolf's dair is a spike, but for me it seems difficult to pull off. Doese anyone know to pull this spike off easily or who he can easily use it on?

Hoobs

Smash Rookie
u have to practice, and its really situational, u can kill anyone over 50% quite easily with it. practice recovering after using it as well :|

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
well off the ledge there are a few that are hard to pull off on. Meta knight being one, study how each character recovers from the ledge and decide how to do it, or when to do it. Although i dont advise this to much, cause it can get predictable and even if u master his recovery, you can end up regretting the dair

Narcotic_

Smash Rookie
It's more of a situational thing. Some characters with a good recovery could just DI it, and even then, it's a bit difficult to recover from.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
always save the second jump until after the dair, that should be enough for u to get back to the ledge

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
@ Narcotic: I don't think anyone's vertical recovery is that well off as to escape Wolf's Spike, except for maybe ROB and Snake. Even then, Snake has a hard time either grabbing the ledge, or avoiding getting cypher-grabbed =) Even MK can't recover when he's below stage that far (His drill rush only goes so far <3, plus it moves him forward, UNDER THE STAGE =D, unless you spiked in a crappy position xP, but it could lead to edgehogs =D

So yeah, other than Snake, ROB, maybe MK, and DDD depending on his jumps left, and POSSIBLY Kirby? ROB is a for sure getting out of it while the others, with smart play you can gimp.

@TC: Just takes predicting the opponents DI, and getting the timing down of the Dair, like Edds said, that helps you get down the timing of it. And characters it's hard to pull off... I'd imagine smaller characters = smaller target. So yeah. ANd while fatties like D3 are bigger targets and thus easier to hit =)

Narcotic_

Smash Rookie
Oh, you misunderstood me... or I worded it wrong. Whatever >_>. I meant that if you don't spike right, it'll be hard to get back on the ledge. I know Wolf's spike is devastating xd.

Top Bottom