• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's Reflector > MK Tornado?

Fat Otaku

Smash Apprentice
Normall I would roll away from MK when he does this move. However on some maps the space to roll is limited. Can Wolf's reflector cancel out Meta Knights tornado midair?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Of course it can cancel out Metaknight's B move. As long as you can hit someone, you can cancel their move with the reflector.

When Wolf activates his reflector, his COLLISION boxes disappear ENTIRELY. Characters can run right through him when he's in this state. So when Metaknight comes close with the tornado, using the reflector will cause him to pass right through Wolf and then he'll get shocked by the reflector's hitbox.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Of course it can cancel out Metaknight's B move. As long as you can hit someone, you can cancel their move with the reflector.

When Wolf activates his reflector, his COLLISION boxes disappear ENTIRELY. Characters can run right through him when he's in this state. So when Metaknight comes close with the tornado, using the reflector will cause him to pass right through Wolf and then he'll get shocked by the reflector's hitbox.
his collision boxes dont disappear, but it does cancel it out i believe.... but be careful though, you can still get hit by it if you use it and the invincible frames take into effect...thats why i think invincible frames are crap...

§witch

Smash Lord
You're better off rolling or jumping or something 'cause you'd have to time it really well and even then it might not work.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
his collision boxes dont disappear, but it does cancel it out i believe.... but be careful though, you can still get hit by it if you use it and the invincible frames take into effect...thats why i think invincible frames are crap...
What are you talking about?

When Wolf uses his reflector and the invincibility frames kick in, projectiles pass RIGHT through him.

Try it on any character with a moving Fsmash. Like Fox for example. If you use the reflector in slow motion in training mode just before his Fsmash would connect, he goes right through Wolf as if he wasn't even there. Wolf's collission boxes have been pretty much removed from the game during this part of the attack, meaning that things just pass right on by him. There isn't even a "connection" graphic for when you attack an invincible object or character. It treats it like a side dodge.

and the invincibility frames continue on right up until the point where the reflector hits, so no, they aren't crap and you can't be hit out of it if you timed it correctly.

Top Bottom