• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wolfs grab release infinite (Doesnt work)

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
i was playing with my friend fogo on pokemon stadium 1. he was lucario i was wolf.

when the map changed into a different element (sorry i forgot which one) i was able to grab> grab attacks>grab release>jabx1>grab>grabattacks>grab release>etc. until the map changed back to normal.

because of a certain slope the lucario was not able to di out of it and the grab release did not give him enough distance to avoid the jab.

sorry if this was already post, and ill try to get a vid up soon

===EDIT===
After couple minutes of testing here's what i came up with

Who?
-Lucario

Where?
-Pokemon Stadium 1 (grass, water elements)
-Corneria (Fins)
-Yoshi's Island Pipes (hill or pipe)
-Brinstar (right side)
-Delphino (platforms)
-Green Hill Zone (slopes)

so basically anything with a steep slope that limits the distance after the release of the grab.
Would this be considered an infinite on lucario? well i need couple of verification before we can claim wolf has a infinite, that doesn't involve walls.

ill try to get vids and better visual aids tomarrow

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Too bad slopes drive me insane. This is pretty interesting though, just might've made brinstar a much better stage. I'll see if I can do this tomorrow and get back to you. PS1 still sucks though >_>

Oh, and nice to see you back Chronoize :)

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
It doesn't work because you can't land the jab after you grab release. And going straight to another grab can be spot dodged.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
please tell me it works on yoshi's island (not melee YI). and also have u tested this on other characters? if not ill be more than happy to help test it out :)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I think jab comes out faster than grab, so they should be able to spotdodge the grab, but then it comes out to a prediction game.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
They can spot dodge the grab. So yea sadly this doesn't work. It won't really be a prediction thing...

It is similar to grab release to dashing re grab if the opponent does not expect it.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
oh sorry my friend said he couldnt do anything when i was performing this. thank you for yalls help. please close this

castorpollux

Smash Champion
well fair would be sooo better if it autocancelled without you having to do it a certain way.

Immagine, shff fair into upsmash/uair = true combo... that would be awesome

Top Bottom