• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's face cancel

kciD

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who has play Wolf for a short while has probably experienced this. It happened to me twice last night, and I decided to never play him again because of it.

Ok, so when Wolf is coming back onto the stage, and you're in just enough reach for a forward-B, watch out. If you're trying to sweetspot it, and you hit the ledge just right...Wolf's face will smash into the edge of the stage, cancelling a ledgegrab, and he will fall to his death. Face cancel.

The first time I was like WTF, but after a second time I decided I'm not going to deal with something like that. I can't play a character that dosen't grab the edge every time like they are supposed to.

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
Yes, but as Drack's Wolf Guide says, it doesnt put you in a special fall, you can just up-B to the ledge after you hit the stage. You can use this for mindgaming if you can do it consecutively.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
If you would stop maining wolf for somthing like that something is wrong. As Kyl stated just up b when that happens.

Flash0Lightning

Smash Rookie
o.O that is serious a bad reason to not main wolf. I mean I have had the problem before too but he's still fun to use.

kciD

Smash Journeyman
Well...if it's possible to up-B out of it I might reconsider. I'm still calling it a face cancel, though.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Doing it intentionally in order to nail your opponent with a full Up-B is priceless though.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Apparently not only do you not special fall, but, you get your jump back, too. It's a good thing, really, not a bad thing.

Top Bottom