• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's D-air

Yertle

Smash Rookie
Has anyone been able to use this effectively against a good opponent? The timing on it is difficult and due to Wolf's poor recovery, if you miss you almost always die. I just find other ways to kill people when they're returning, seeing as I find it too risky. I was just wondering whether anyone actually is able to meteor with it on a regular basis.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Can't it be meteor canceled anyway? I just wouldn't bother. Bair is so much better I pretty much default to that for edgeguarding.

Frizbiz

Smash Rookie
It's not TERRIBLE. That's blatant hyperbole. Any move with Meteor Smash ability is automatically a good move, it's just a matter of finding a way to...a) be consistent with it, and...b) keep it unexpected enough that they don't assume you're going to try and MS them every time they go off the side of the stage.

It's not as good as, say, Ganondorf's, but it is by no means a bad move as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way...this post is NOT to say that it is a move you should regularly use, if I didn't get that point across. The point is that it's certainly not a BAD move, just difficult to pull off given an imperfect situation. The key is knowing when that PERFECT situation DOES occur, and then utilizing the move to your advantage.

mixba

Smash Rookie
It has its uses. I will sometimes use it to start an air combo from them on the ground at higher %'s as they don't seem to expect it sometimes, but with Wolf's meh recovery meteor smashes can be dangerous without practice, like any move I suppose. Its decent, but don't rely solely on it.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone been able to use this effectively against a good opponent? The timing on it is difficult and due to Wolf's poor recovery, if you miss you almost always die. I just find other ways to kill people when they're returning, seeing as I find it too risky. I was just wondering whether anyone actually is able to meteor with it on a regular basis.
It's not impossible to pull off against good players. Just make sure to use the C-Stick to avoid fast-falling, don't double-jump off the ledge, don't bother if they're too far out, and just remember that the move has some lag.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
........lol
Are you serious. The move isn't good.

Right out of the SWS guide(coming soon).

Don't try to spike with the Dair! It may look awesome but with multiple airdoges and how easy it is for other characters to get back too the stage it sucks! It leaves him open too get screwed due to his okayish recovery. His bair is the way too go! Wolf's bair is one of his best moves and must be used too the fullest. His bair is excellent against shield grabbers and spammers. At low percents follow up with another attack to rack up damage. If they dodge your bair in the air stay on them and fair or shine them.

Combo setups are you kidding me.
This move is too slow and laggy to be effective in any environment. Have you heard of shield grabbibg.

Relhots

Smash Lord
........lol

Don't try to spike with the Dair! It may look awesome but with multiple airdoges and how easy it is for other characters to get back too the stage it sucks! It leaves him open too get screwed due to his okayish recovery. His bair is the way too go! Wolf's bair is one of his best moves and must be used too the fullest. His bair is excellent against shield grabbers and spammers. At low percents follow up with another attack to rack up damage. If they dodge your bair in the air stay on them and fair or shine them.

This move is to slow and laggy to be effective in any environment.
Ghost...I agree with the spike part, (since its nearly impossible to recover after the move), but it is a good and useful move...His Dair breaks through shields, and is great for combo moves at percentages over 100%...

There is little to no lag at all if you preform the move correctly...

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
Ghost...I agree with the spike part, (since its nearly impossible to recover after the move), but it is a good and useful move...His Dair breaks through shields, and is great for combo moves at percentages over 100%...

There is little to no lag at all if you preform the move correctly...
Don't forget about dodges though.

And the start-up lag is the main problem. Your opponent should easily see this move coming.

and Dair is Down air

//5M45H\\

Smash Rookie
Down air as in...his B^ going down or his spike? :p Srry, not familiar with this stuff.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
.................................................... prioritizes over several other chars special recovery, nuff said

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
sometimes a back throw near the ledge pops them up into the air high enough to dair spike, but your opponent must grow a fear of being b-air'd so that they'll DI away from the stage.

:wolf:"What's the matter? Scared!?"

Also, it helps if your opponent is at a decent %.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
sometimes a back throw near the ledge pops them up into the air high enough to dair spike, but your opponent must grow a fear of being b-air'd so that they'll DI away from the stage.

:wolf:"What's the matter? Scared!?"

Also, it helps if your opponent is at a decent %.
Unless Wolf is SS Goku I can't see him pulling this off unless your opponent isn't paying attention.(edit* sleep)

Juicy

Smash Apprentice
man never use dair air unless you have the perfect time to use it or your enemy is so bad you land one.... not that its impossible to use it agaisnt good players, the bad just outweighs the good

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
....................... again this move has nothin to do with your opponents skill (not so much at least) sometimes they HAVE to use their special recoveries to survive, and many characters can't attack after wards / their B recoveries have low priority -----> makes this move useful, when fox or falco do their up B, kill them with it? whats not useful about that? they can't control the speed and trajectory (assuming their trying to get to the stage they got 2 options usually easy to predict) of their up B, so dair it, just dont be dumb and try to dair opponents who still gotta jump or somethin, DAIR CAN BE UNAVOIDABLE LRN TO USE IT, even now with up-b's sweet spotting the ledge, this makes it easier to use dair cause u can predict they're gonna ride the edge of the stage on their recovery, so do it right below the edge, has good priority lrn to time the windup

ArchPong

Smash Rookie
I tried to get it down and found i was too unsuccessful, as well as the recovery problem that TC mentioned. I myself just resort to bair or fairs, so much more consistent and powerful :)

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
........lol

This move is too slow and laggy to be effective in any environment. Have you heard of shield grabbibg.

This guys got it right. I go entire matches without dairing once

stick to bair

Top Bottom