• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf

Popertop

Smash Champion
spacing.

you beat him in the air.

Dthrow chain to about 80% I think it works, I don't use it though.

Read the matchup thread.

Notice player habits and punish.

Gimp him hard. HARD mah boi.

Waft is 2 gud.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I wonder whats for dinner.

On topic: Spacinggggg spacinggggg, Watch out for his spikee

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Try to move around a lot in the air. that's the best - and only really safe - way to beat the wall of wolf

Popertop

Smash Champion
Not really.

I played Kalo(probably best wolf in Tx) and what help me the most was reading his wall and then shieldgrabbing his Bair.
Occasionally I would Uair underneath him, and do other things, but that was the main thing.
Once I broke his offense I started Dairing his shield and the like, all those mixups follow after that.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Shieldgrabbing bair? I assume, you perfectly shielded it...right?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No, you can regular shield grab him depending on his position and momentum. I do agree with you when you said moving around in the air is the best way around the wall.

Popertop

Smash Champion
See, i only take to the air once they stop doing the wall.
It feels a lot safer that way.

And even if you can't shield grab it (he lands behind you, for instance) you can still Nair out of shield and bite.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's safer to do it when they stop, but that defeats the purpose of going around the wall or doing something active while they Bair lol. :)

He can retreat a Bair that isn't rushed towards Wario at all and escape harm free. I don't think Wario has the speed to catch Wolf if he does a full retreating Bair, but regular Bairs can be retaliated against OoS.

Popertop

Smash Champion
lolol that's hwat I'm hasayying.

If he DJs you can get up under him and Uair, if he single jumps you can jump over and Fair/Bair.
And of course, directly above him.... well I don't even have to say it now do I?

Gea

Smash Master
Feel lucky you can jump over it. With peach I'm forced to just try OOS stuff which isn't always successful because her second jump sucks the big one, and his bair eats toad's spores.

I assume Bair outprioritizes bite and utilt.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Depends on how well Bair is spaced to beat bite, but Utilt I'm almost certain Bair beats it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Utilt surely beats bair but like mentioned before it's very hard against a well spacing Wolf.

Top Bottom