• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wolf vs snake and falco (help)

the_powner

Smash Cadet
Sanke: Anthing will help at this point. His dash attack + U smash gets me the most. I find it really hard to get close to him with all the bombs and stuff. Even when i do get close i get hit with A combos F tilts and stuff like that. Like i said anything that will give me even the smallest upper hand in this match up would help alot

Falco:I can get passed the whole chain grab thing (Which i hate soo much). Still thing that is abit tricky when i try to get in close i get Fsmashed or a reflector in the face which has a really long reach also i never seeem to get my refector up in time to reflect his blaster again anything will help

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
Snake's game relies heavily on trapping or tricking his opponents. Basically don't walk into his traps. If he's going to set bombs and sit there like a little ***** while waiting for you to approach by jumping over his bombs - don't do it. Maintain a distance and laser spam him until he comes after you. His dash attack is annoying because it's so fast that sometimes it's hard to time - only with practice will you learn to predict it - when he comes at you try to approach him from the air (Jump over him and hit him with a bair when he's recovering from his dash).

Also you can purposefully jump on his c4 bombs and quickly roll away or shield - chances are he'll detonate them too late - leaving him vulnerable. Or you can act like you're going to jump on it and quickly use your second jump before you hit the ground (just high enough to avoid an explosion if he has good timing). Snake players get upset when they get tricked out of using their own tricks. Mind games, son!

If snake tries to keep distance by spamming his rocket then maintain enough distance to jump over it or roll away/through it without landing on any landmines. Getting close to snake is dangerous when he has his mines set up - Don't be afraid to play cheap too because he can't do much about it.

Note: You can reflect his rocket launcher BUT if he aims it to hit the ground right in front of you then you will get hit by the explosion. Also if you time it well you can throw his grenades back at him (+epeen points for succesfully hitting snake with his own grenade).

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
To add on to Bazooka's excellent advice, get him above you. Keep him off the ground. His options are limited that way. Up throw or back throw him and Uair juggle as best you can. It will rack up the damage and keep him from setting up his "traps". Bair spam works well. You really want to watch out for that ftilt and jab, though. You can shield and grab the jab, but the ftilt I would recommend just shield or trying to sidestep and dsmash.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
Take my advice as a Snake player.

All you have to do is laser spam. Snake has nothing to counter it. He has 4 options:

A. Jump. That tends to leave Snake vunerable since he has no great down attacks. Also he has a slow, low jump that will, more than likely, let Wolf get a couple more shots in.
B. Shield/Roll/Dodge. This tends to force Snake into awkward spacing where Snake cannot do a combo, but Wolf can as he has a longer reach.
C. Grenade. Nikita is worthless as it is too slow to get it in the air so the grenade is the only option. Unfortunately, Wolf's reflector can be an annoying defense.
D. Retreat. Rolling out of the way and Nakita launching is Snake's best defense, but it's rare he has that much room.

Most Snakes would rather choose option D. If so, simply move forward and laser spam some more.

Seriously, Wolf is good against Snake. He can be very, VERY annoying with his laser.

Top Bottom