• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf vs Lucario Wolf ownz?

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
my cousin (kyd) seems to be very good with wolf. But i can beat him with any other character. wolf isnt even his main, his main is sonic. so i think its just the differences in speed, style, etc.

suggestions.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I've noticed the same thing, maybe it's just that I don't know wolf's attacks or techniques well enough but for some reason, I can't hold a torch to anyone playing wolf. Time to find a counter-pick character...

Milln

Smash Champion
I played a Wolf earlier today and I kinda mess around with him on the side, so:

Wolf players like their blaster more than Falco players. What's good about this? Your aura sphere is better. Can be spammed faster and charged for fakeouts and even for clearing out Wolf's shots. All you need to know is that Wolf's neutral A and Fsmash move him forward, so you'll have to adjust your normal punishment, if it's not dsmash. Wolf players also like aerial combos. I didn't test, but i'm pretty sure huge burst of aura beats claw swipe, so if you're launched, wait until they line up for uair and tell them to stfu with your dair of almighty pwns. All of your aerial moves should outprioritize his. If he's going for fair, use yours or nair. If he's going for bair use nair. Gonna get dair spiked? As if. uair that fool and recover with ExtremeSpeed or Wallcling.

Pretty much... everything you do out-priotizes him since your hitboxes are away from you and his are part of him, for the most part. Use more Baby Aura Spheres.

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
well put infitan.i never thought about priority. Wolf does have good priority...but Lucario pwns when it comes to priority.**** i should probably start spamming DSmash too.**** plus wolf is a powerhouse...but...as long as i can get up my damage...dont get hit, and double team him just right, ill b good. thanks for the advice infitan

xCheeZe

Smash Rookie
my friend jordan plays a pretty good wolf and he rarely beats me (if ever), the trick is to understand his attacks and their ranges, if u can simply outrange a wolf player you will beat them.
charging an Fsmash? just move back a tad, and u Fsmash when they do = u win
trying to intercept with Uair?, Dair out ranges it.
blaster spam? aura goes right through it
wolf recovery is also horrible vs. lucario, get him off the stage and dont be scared to follow, u can constantly combo him especially w/ Bair when he trys to UpB to recover.

its just a matter of character placement and outranging a wolf player (which is key to a lucario player)

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
yeah that part i do know...a great ledge hog tactic is to use Ex. Speed. as long as ur within range of the ledge, if u hold it downward, with a slight tilt toward the ledge ur aimin at, he will grab it no matter how close he is

Orpheus

Smash Cadet
o.o I use Lucario for courter-attacks. I thought he worked pretty well with defensive but I see your point with Wolf which is annoying with lasers.
But that doesn't stop me creating a BIGGER aura sphere.

Top Bottom