• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf matchup help?

ECHHH

Smash Rookie
So ive been playing smash ultimate since mid december maining dedede since brawl but one mashup I'm struggling with particularly is Wolf can anybody give me advise on how to approach/punish him??

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
Don't get careless with Gordos. Between his reflector and his blaster, Wolf can easily reflect them.

His blaster isn't worth trying to inhale, so just avoid it. As always when fighting an opponent with a good projectile, try not to stay on a level with him. Make use of platforms.

Wolf can be tough to approach thanks to his blaster. I like to dash cancel f-tilts with DeDeDe. Or make him approach you with some carefully tossed Gordos.

Oh, and once you get him offstage, go for the kill. Wolf's recovery is pretty bad. F-air him off the side, or kill him with a d-air. Even a n-air can do the trick when you're facing a character whose recovery is as short as Wolf's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom