• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Wolf Hitboxes

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Jab 1

Hits: 4-5
Input next jab as early as frame 3
Transitions to Jab 2 frame 9
IASA: 15

Jab 2

Input next jab as early as frame 2
Transitions to Jab 3 frame 9
IASA: 20

Jab 3

IASA: 35

Dash attack

Hits: 11-16

Ftilt

Hits: 7-10
IASA: 32

Utilt

Hits: 7-12
IASA: 28

Dtilt

Hits: 9-10
IASA: 27

Fsmash

Hits: 10-13, 15-16
IASA: 46

Usmash

Hits: 11-19 (first swipe), 20-24 (second swipe)
IASA: 44

Dsmash

Hits: 8-9, 14-15
IASA: 41

Nair

Hits: 7-8, 11-12, 15-16, 19-20, 23-24
Landing hit: 1-2
IASA: 39
Autocancel: 33 >
Landlag: 7/15

Fair

Hits: 11-14
IASA: 30
Autocancel: 27 >
Landlag: 13/26

Bair

Hits: 9-12
IASA: 31
Autocancel: < 9 24 >
Landlag: 10/20

Uair

Hits: 7-11
IASA: 30
Autocancel: < 7 27 >
Landlag: 11/22

Dair

Hits: 13-15
IASA:
Autocancel: < 3 40 >
Landlag: 11/23

Standing Grab

Grabs: 7-8
IASA: 31

Dash Grab

Grabs: 11-12
IASA: 40

Pivot Grab

Grabs: 9-10

Blaster

Hits: 11-12
Shot comes out: 15
Air dodge on: 15
Grounded Jump on: 38
IASA: 43

Flash (Side B)

Cancel: 18-21 (4 distances)
Hits: 22-23
Total: 64
Does not go to special fall on hit

Up B

Grab ledges: 1-22
Hits in the direction you are moving

Shine

Hits: 1
Invincible: 1
Can jump as early as 4
Minimum time: 39

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i like his ftilt a lot. its not particularly his best combo tool (he has PLENTY of those already), but its great at stopping a lot of approaches on the ground due to its range and speed. its also particularly safe on shield if u space it just a tad; i feel the second hit really helps out with that a lot. my two other favorite moves of his are his bair and his usmash. idk who designed wolfs new upsmash, but it is absolutely wonderful. not only is it wonderfully safe on shields if you hit with the back portion of the swing, but it is an excellent combo tool, but it is also an amazing killing tool, and on all characters. wolfs throws provide him with such a range of set ups that you can usually find a way to DACUS into most characters at kill percent. even on fastfallers, his uthrow allows for the set up, but even a sourspotted fair allows for an almost guarenteed kill on even the likes of falco. and thats not even taking into consideration the possibility of performing that combo on platforms. its huge range of coverage makes it an excellent tool for tech chasing and covering roll options, and on stages with lower platforms like YI and FoD it really makes people not want to be above you on them. its also pretty reliable if your facing backwards at the edge and attempting an edge guard due to its angle on certain hitboxes.

is there a place that i can find shield stun and hitlag data? i really appreciate your effort to make this thread toaster, so i wouldnt want to bother you to go find more data lol, but id love to go find it and add to the thread on my own if you could point me in the right direction!

Scythe

Smash Master
this cool.
Gonna try edgeguarding with Utilt.
man i showed you that stuff months ago.

anyways pretty great thread dude!

seems wolf's fastest aerials are nair and uair, tied at coming out frame 7.

Tero.

Smash Champion
sorry for digging this old thread, but does anybody know which hitboxes are the sweetspot of his fair (my guess would be the last one on his hand?)

also looking at those moves I cant find something thats really good for edgeguarding if my opponent is trying to sweetspot the ledge. I was thinking of maybe angled ftilt.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I almost never hit with the strong one
Or its just to weak so I just think I didn't hit

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Its the tip of the claws, theres a notable difference in power, going from killing at like 200% with the sour spot, to killing at like 110% with the sweetspot. Theres also more hitlag on the sweetspot, so its a bit noticable when you land it.

Fair is also one his most amazing aerials, it juggles, it kills, it AC's from a short hop, if they crouch it tips 90% of the time, its probably the most amazing crossup aerial out there (go try running SH AC fair on a shield, its so safe). I love it.

Scythe

Smash Master
fair is one of wolf's best kill moves, it's pretty much guaranteed off of up throws on most of the cast for kills.

Scythe

Smash Master
you can use downthrow and backthrow as a DI trap since the proper DI for either throw is bad DI for the other.

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
More people need to see this thread, it's awesome!

LordOfThePies

Smash Rookie
Actually, Its possible that some of this info needs updating. I think we need a newer, more complete hitbox/frame data thread.

Wolf_Tree

Smash Rookie
NNID
Empty_sky137
Bumping again because this really needs a sticky. Once 3.5 comes out, sure, we'll need a new hitbox thread due to the changes, but as of right now, this is good enough and still relevant.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Is there going to be an update to the frame data/gifs now that 3.5 has come out? Wolf is way too good a character to not have extremely detailed info for.

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
Oh ****, I've been working on something just like this! Did you make this / are you sure it's accurate?
Yea, I made it and the others. I still have to check it again, but most of it is accurate. It's Wolf's specials that annoyed me when finding the data for them

Mr. PotatoBread

Smash Cadet
Just some frame data on Waveland Lasers:

The inputs are (jump on frame 1) laser on frame 15 and WL on frame 29 for the absolutely perfect WL laser that will hit kirby in his little stupid face. Each input is about equally spaced with gaps of about 1/4 seconds. (Please test this yourselves to make sure this is correct) Because the space between inputs is almost equal, there should be a certain tempo to it.

If you start the laser later than frame 15, you will not be able to WL. If you start the laser earlier, the laser beam will shoot slightly higher but there will be a larger window to WL between the laser and hitting the floor. This may be desirable to make the lasers more consistent or to hit above Link's shield.

Again, please test this yourselves to make sure this is correct. Remember that you can WL on the frame the green laser comes out.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
Thanks. I was thinking that the super-short side-b would be a fantastic for punishing laggy on-stage recoveries(sheik, marth, ect) from ledge, but 1 frame sounds a little too tight to be done consistently :p.
you would actually be surprised. wolf isnt my main but i can shorten properly about 70% of the time that I want to. when he was my main, that was probably around 80-90%. when youve got a character mid combo and youre leading up to the side b, its surprisingly not as hard to get the proper shorten. its kind of a rhythm thing. It allows you to anticipate, see, and "feel" the timing and spacing you need better, as opposed to if you were just standing on the ground and attempting to shorten a bunch of times.

wolfs a character that you definitely need to put a lot of effort into, but its not as bad as it sounds and its most certainly rewarding.

proto235

Smash Rookie
you would actually be surprised. wolf isnt my main but i can shorten properly about 70% of the time that I want to. when he was my main, that was probably around 80-90%. when youve got a character mid combo and youre leading up to the side b, its surprisingly not as hard to get the proper shorten. its kind of a rhythm thing. It allows you to anticipate, see, and "feel" the timing and spacing you need better, as opposed to if you were just standing on the ground and attempting to shorten a bunch of times.

wolfs a character that you definitely need to put a lot of effort into, but its not as bad as it sounds and its most certainly rewarding.
Yeah, your're right, it is possible to become consistent with it. Since making that post, I have been able to shorten with shortening(80/90%) and they really do wonders as combo finishers. I also agree that they are a lot easier for some to get mid-combo or when recovering as opposed to when stationary. I still have a lot of issues with the super-short shorten though, for some reason.

DJfour7

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJfour7
was I the only one that was upset that they changed his up smash? Hearing him make that sound was great.

Top Bottom