• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Flash-Controlling the Knockback

NeonWolf

Smash Rookie
I have been playin with good old Wolf and have been consistently connecting the Wolf Flash
when sweetspotted has good knockback and can send the opponet in WHICHEVER way it wants.
You can launch them up,spike them down,slap em left or right but how do u control this?
I cant stress enough how many more kills i would have if i could control the direction!! lol
I cant play my game as much so it would be nice if sum1 could look into this for me:chuckle:
Thanks to any and everyone who takes the time to check. 1

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
i think it depends upon how you hit them, like if you hit them with the sweetspot a little bit above them then it will be a spike, and if you're in the middle right or left depending on if you hit them left or right, and for up opposite of the spike
but that's all a theory, it's all very hard to test effectively

NeonWolf

Smash Rookie
I see what u mean
Ur theory is all i got right now lol

but imagine controlling the knockback!!! the possibilities!!!!

catching sum1 in the air and knock them up for a star ko
spiking them while returning to the edge
Scarring a level knocking them away from you or in the opposite direction
With this known u can dictate where they fly and and they wont know which way to DI:laugh:

We gotta find out how to control it!!!!:chuckle:

teekay

Smash Journeyman
You can't control the direction of the knockback beyond controlling where you hit them. Which is very difficult.

It really shouldn't be used as an aggressive move most of the time anyway. it is WAY too punishable, and the situations where it would actually be more useful than something else are very rare.

Germ seems to use it occasionally as an offensive trick so if you want to try to get an idea for how it might be useful that way, watch his match videos. Even he doesn't always connect with it though so to be honest I just don't recommend it at all.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I agree with you, NeonWolf. If you could control which way the character was sent that would be great, but it just can't be done, or at least I highly doubt it. It is dependent upon where Wolf hits them. If Wolf is above them they will be sent down, if he is to the left of them they will be sent to the right, if he is below they will go up, and if he is to the right they will go left.

NeonWolf

Smash Rookie
I agree with you, NeonWolf. If you could control which way the character was sent that would be great, but it just can't be done, or at least I highly doubt it. It is dependent upon where Wolf hits them. If Wolf is above them they will be sent down, if he is to the left of them they will be sent to the right, if he is below they will go up, and if he is to the right they will go left.
WOW! thats extremely useful 2 know!
So it seems his the Flash on a SS launches them into the opposite direction to which he hits them
interesting
Wolf is one tricky mofo:chuckle:
i appreciate everyone's input on this topic:chuckle:

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
As previously mentioned this move is situational and punishable if missed. Many players won't just jump around where his sweetspot is. I find it best used when camping as players may be more than likely to jump to avoid shots.

darkukitake

Smash Rookie
true i play wolf alot as he is now my favorite and main!!!!! and plus he's so cool!!!!!!!!
"I'll be the one to take you down"!!!! any ways this simply take alot of practice. ling up the enemy is key!!! Wolf is above them they get spiked down, if he is to the left of them they will be spiked to the right, if he is below they will get spiked up, and if he is to the right they get spiked tot the left.
i'll work on it and get back to u!!!!!

§witch

Smash Lord
I've never had someone go up from using wolf flash, I guess that's because I don't use it offensively and they'd have to be in a very strange position for that to work.

§witch

Smash Lord
Cause spike is cooler. Cause if every spike is a meteor, than it doesn't matter, cause they both mean the same thing in this game.

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
Cause spike is cooler. Cause if every spike is a meteor, than it doesn't matter, cause they both mean the same thing in this game.
i suppose, but seeing as how we base much of our terminology off melee i just assume we go with the flow and call it a meteor smash..

NeonWolf

Smash Rookie
i suppose, but seeing as how we base much of our terminology off melee i just assume we go with the flow and call it a meteor smash..
Meteor and Spikes are moves that send the opponet down

Meteor smashes can be meteor cancelled
one example is mario's Fair

However marth and falco's Dair are spike becuz they CANNOT be meteor cancelled

dont kno if its true but thats what i live by:chuckle:

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
Meteor and Spikes are moves that send the opponet down

Meteor smashes can be meteor cancelled
one example is mario's Fair

However marth and falco's Dair are spike becuz they CANNOT be meteor cancelled

dont kno if its true but thats what i live by:chuckle:
yea, that's how i learned it

and i'm 99% sure that wolf flash can never send an opponent up...
if you're land inside them, right about hitting with wolf's head, you'll spike em, you don't have to be over them.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Despite how could controlling the knockback on wolf flash would be awesome, but that would make smash physics conmpletely stupid, which is why thw wolf flash isn't used offensively to often if at all

NeonWolf

Smash Rookie
its not a meteor smash becuz it cannot be meteor cancelled
its a spike

i agree the wolf flash isnt supposed to be used that much but i play very erratic with wolf to where it works alot
also it nice to throw a flash when the enemy jump over lasers

themastaofbrawl64

Smash Cadet
its not a meteor smash becuz it cannot be meteor cancelled
its a spike

i agree the wolf flash isnt supposed to be used that much but i play very erratic with wolf to where it works alot
also it nice to throw a flash when the enemy jump over lasers
Wolf is a berserker he is strong and can come back after some accidental fall from a wolf flash, so why not use it.
:wolf:

Top Bottom