• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoI application against Squirle

kupo15

Smash Hero
I was playing around with my friend who mains PT and came across something. I don't know if this has been know but if a Squirtle uses side B, Shell slide, and you touch your feet to the top of their shell while still in it, it acts like a major footstool.
They will fall to there doom because they can't recover for about 3 secs. This could be the only time that WoI from the ground can be useful to get the height adv. quickly. If you are in a level with platforms, then Wing Refresh from the top platform could do well to intercept. You can however just jump over there but it is slower.

You do not have to execute this like a footstool, just hit the thing as if you were playing Mario. And since this is a main approach Squritle has after getting knocked away, it is predictable. This is universal btw. Just thought I'd share

kupo15

Smash Hero
Lol, yea. WoI is great. Ever since the Wing Canceling and now Wingdashing, I'm trying to figure out its full potential.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Oh, that's it?

So the whole application here is just flying out with your up b to footstool a side-b'ing squirtle?

kupo15

Smash Hero
but it isn't a footstool per say. I wonder if a normal jump which does the major footstool animation into a WoI footstool would be effective? That way you do two footstools to them if you intercept them in the air.
So..
Jump to force them out of their side B
WoI cancels upward thrust
Follow into a normal Footstool

Or if done on the ground, the WoI could make it faster to reach the ground to attack before they aren't stunned anymore.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
but it isn't a footstool per say. I wonder if a normal jump which does the major footstool animation into a WoI footstool would be effective? That way you do two footstools to them if you intercept them in the air.
So..
Jump to force them out of their side B
WoI cancels upward thrust
Follow into a normal Footstool

Or if done on the ground, the WoI could make it faster to reach the ground to attack before they aren't stunned anymore.
uhhhh how fast could you go from regular footstool to woi footstool thing?

Top Bottom