• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl can shield poke..?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
so, I was looking up youtube videos today and I came across some Wolf combo videos.
One Wolf mainer was playing an Ike I believe, and he ran and did an Usmash right when the Ike shielded. And Ike got hit!

So... CAN WOLF SHIELD POKE WITH HIS USMASH? I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this matter....

EDIT: It was one of these videos. I can't remember...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9GYH5XeisY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAID4-HKeM4

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
If the shield is small enough, and Wolf's Usmash is a hitbox, it'll poke through the shield. PLus it's multi-hitting, so yeah. It's definitely probable. Will it happen all the time? No.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Welcome to the wolf boards :)

Yeah, usmash's 2nd hit can shield poke, I think... Watch this video. At 23 seconds, the usmash doesn't shield poke on a tiny shield ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uMFc2uUjQk ), so maybe opponents shieldgrab late and get hit by the second hit? I'm not sure, to be honest, but I've "shield poked" with it several times, so... yeah.

Also, for future reference, we have a stickied Q&A thread, so please ask your questions there. It helps keep the place more organized.

:059:

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I have our new meme, instead of arcanine, we need a waffle. We are now the Waffle (Wofl) boards.
Also Ishie, why aren't you on AIM?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lol, waffle. I'm going to use both xD

And I'm invisible >_> Kinda busy though, coming and going. IM me if you're still on lol

Arcanine waffle... Toasty!

EDIT: we need to make the waffle image smaller so it lines up with Arcanine :(

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Whee!

Lol that quote thing is a good idea. I'll put that in the thread I'm going to be making later about situational/random wolf tricksies.

EDIT: wtf, this isn't cool :(

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
I vote Asaph for best Avatar. Waffles are funny. I know I'm tired and not very coherent.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Arcanine is win! I'LL STICK WITH HIM!!!!!!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Wofl can do anything.

But pretty much any move can shield poke under the right circumstances.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
i think the second part hits becouse the opponent lets go of the shield thinking the atack is over but thats just me. it goes through the shield when its low though i know that. ALso like the dash cancel goes through the shield. but i believe its becouse the shield is relasea

Top Bottom