• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

woah, the characters feel different thread

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed that there's a difference between characters in this version compared to the 3ds version.

As owner of both, so far there's two changes I've found

Link's chain (grab) is no longer like the n64 one which was present on the 3ds. On the wiiu the chain travels horizontally then drops if you miss. On the 3ds it will go directly horizontal and won't drop, that sucks because that move has more lag on the Wiiu that the 3ds because of this.

Ness up B it's back to its brawl version which means it's harder to control or feels heavier than his up B on the 3ds. On the 3ds it was a happy medium between Lucas up B and Ness' which made it easier to control but on the Wiiu it's definitely different

What other characters changes have you officially found?

Last edited:

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
seriously nobody has found anything? or too busy playing ? lol

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
The link chain is an illusion. You have more animation on the wii u version but its the same speed.
On the 3ds it doesnt drop but take longer to come back, on the wii u it drop but overall its the exact same speed.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
The only thing that is important is:

Does Wario's stache Waggle when he strokes it during his on-bike victory animation?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Ness feels a zillion times better now for some reason. May be just me, but it seems like PK Thunder has tighter control again (it may also be the better controller) and I can actually hit with his fair and dash attack now.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
The only thing that is important is:

Does Wario's stache Waggle when he strokes it during his on-bike victory animation?
Yes.

Wario has some of the best expressions in the Wii U version. When you walk slow enough he does this hilarious quirky smirk at the camera and it's ****ing gold.

Wario kind of feels slower to me than in the 3DS version. I have no clue why.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Yes.

Wario has some of the best expressions in the Wii U version. When you walk slow enough he does this hilarious quirky smirk at the camera and it's ****ing gold.

Wario kind of feels slower to me than in the 3DS version. I have no clue why.
so glad to hear the first part, though i doubt he really is slower. maybe it just seems like it due to the bigger screen size.

Anyway, i am glad to hear my main looks fantastic in HD :D

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
Im going to try Link's Grab in both at the same time, im pretty sure is not the same speed but my eyes might deceive me

and ness definetly feels better, maybe his up b wasn't working as well for me because i tested him straight online and lag vs ness is a bad matchup lol

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
so glad to hear the first part, though i doubt he really is slower. maybe it just seems like it due to the bigger screen size.

Anyway, i am glad to hear my main looks fantastic in HD :D
It's probably the screen size, lol.

Top Bottom