• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WOAH! Pikmin + Items..?

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said:

"You can have up to six Pikmin at one time."
Ice Climbers were able to hold two items. Does this mean that Pikmin + Olimar will be able to hold SEVEN items?

Zek

Smash Ace
Highly doubtful. Pikmin aren't full-fledged characters like Nana is.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I've noticed that you and many other people have been comparing Olimar to the IC's. I would ask you to take this to thought: What if the Pikmin are Olimar's personal items that follow him around? He doesn't seem to have THAT much in common with the IC's to me.

-Knight

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
What if the Pikmin just held the item for you until you needed it? I'll give you an example: Say you're blasting away with the Super Scope, and a Fireflower spawns right next to you. One of your Pikmin scurries over to it, picks it up, and waits for you to throw away the Superscope before tossing the Fireflower right into Olimar's hands, where he can immediately utilize it. It wouldn't have to work for all of the items (like Starmen, Warp Stars, etc), but for items like Green Shells and Pokeballs, it could be a godsend!

How cool would that be? :p

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
I honestly doubt that the Pikmin will be able to use items. But man, 7 Fire flowers at once would be an awesome sight xD.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I woul think the pikmin would interact with the items more like they did when you used them in pikmin.

for example you see a nice looking pokeball over on the othe edge of the stage and your raceing falcon too it. what you then do is you throw your pikmin(wwhen your in range) at it and they carry it over to you. (the size of the item can also determine how many pikmin it takes.)

the pikmin wont hold it for you however, instead they carry it to you and then drop it at your feet for you too pick up and use.

and if they cant interact with items, they would be a good way of guarding them for you. (that is if they sit idley after you throw them onto normal ground like in pikmin 1&2, then they would attack anything that comes near them automaticly.)

Top Bottom