• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WLM Problem

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
Hey,

I have a problem with WLM.
And it says the problems is suppose to be something with the "Main Port".
And it doesn't work at all. I can't log in, and that since many weeks.
What can I do to fix this?
If you need Screenshots tell me.
Thanks.

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
Do you have any firewalls enabled? if so, disable or uninstall them.

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
I've turn them off but thats not it I think.
It all started when we changed our router.
Could it have something to do with that?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sounds like you've just got to do some port forwarding in your router options.

If you don't know how, try looking here.. You're going to have to know what port to forward, though.

Feel free to ask if you have any more problems, though.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can probably give you more specific instructions if you find the model number on the router.

But for now, try typing in: 192.168.1.1 into your browser like you would a URL. What you're doing is connecting into your router. It'll prompt you for a username and password. You probably made this username and password when you set up the router. If you don't know it, then ask your parents / whoever set it up.

If you don't think you ever set a username and password, it's likely set to default still. Depending on which router you have by samsung, your U/P is probably:

1) Admin / Password
2) *blank* / *blank*
or
3) public / public

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
I can probably give you more specific instructions if you find the model number on the router.

But for now, try typing in: 192.168.1.1 into your browser like you would a URL. What you're doing is connecting into your router. It'll prompt you for a username and password. You probably made this username and password when you set up the router. If you don't know it, then ask your parents / whoever set it up.

If you don't think you ever set a username and password, it's likely set to default still. Depending on which router you have by samsung, your U/P is probably:

1) Admin / Password
2) *blank* / *blank*
or
3) public / public
That didn't work, but I got into it when I typed in "samsung.router" in the adressbar.
What should I do their? And should I send you screenshots from the options?

Sensai

Smash Master
What is WLM, anyways?

But what you need to do is to figure out what port WLM wants open and then simply forward it on your router, which is probably going to be under a tab labeled 'Port Forwarding' or something like that.

If you Google your router's make and type and 'port forwarding' then something'll come up with a helpful how to.

But firstly, you need to figure out what port WLM needs.

(Seriously, what the hell is WLM?)

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
Windows Live Messenger. Well, I don't know what port it needs. I have no idea about that stuff. And how do I find out what I exactly need to do?

Sensai

Smash Master
Thanks! I've never even heard of WLM, but cool. Glad someone's using it.

Open it up and go to the Tools or Preferences area. Y'know what, nevermind. I'll just Google it.

/searches

Here we are.
Messenger server: port 1493, 1542, 1863, 1963, 80 TCP and 443 TCP
File Transfer/Sharing Folders: local: 1544 and 6891 - in fact 6720-65535 TCP from one source
Messenger Update: remote: 80 local: 1457
Remote Assistance If available): 3389 TCP
Audio: local: , 1556, 11771, 13803 and generally 5004-65535 UDP
Remote Desktop and whiteboard: local/remote: 389, 522, 1503, 1720, and 1731
Launching Games: 80
Video Conference: TCP 9000-9999, 5004-65535 UDP + 80
Sign-In: remote: 443 local: 1484, 2400
The ports you need to open are more than likely the Messenger Server ones.

Top Bottom