• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wizard Foot Ledge Cancelling - Useful Tricks

MGK

Smash Apprentice
So lately I have been mucking around with Wizard Foot ledge cancelling to try and learn it's uses. I feel this can be key to making Ganondorf even scarier at the ledge and covering options. So this is what I have learnt so far:

Useful Tricks

- Dair and Nair autocancel when you jump from a Wizard Foot Ledge Cancel. (Nair is Strict)
- Can B-cancel the Fair (Strict timing)
- Ledge Trumping
- Aerial Flame Choke back onto the stage
- Aerial Flame Choke stalling at the ledge

Putting these tricks to use

Dair Autocancel

What does it cover for opponents ledge get ups:

- Normal get up
- Get up Attack
- Jump

Even if you guess wrong, you autocancel the Dair, so it's quite safe and you can always use Flame Choke to cover roll on or use fTilt / dTilt / jab if your timing is off.

Follow Ups:

This was tested on Mario, so %'s will change for other characters.

Low % (0 - 20%)

True Combos

- Dair > Grab
- Dair > fTilt (32%)
- Dair > dTilt (32%)
- Dair > dSmash (40%)
- Dair > Nair (41%)
- Dair > Dash Attack (33%)
- Dair > Tech chase
- Dair > Jab (29%)
- Dair > Wizard Foot (31%)
- Dair > Flame Choke (31%) Can be tricky to get this a some %'s.

You can also get uSmash and fSmash but it's not a true combo.

Med (30 - 50%)

True Combos

- Dair > Grab
- Dair > dSmash (40%)
- Dair > Jab (29%)
- Dair > Nair (41%)
- Dair > uSmash (43%)
- Dair > Fair (37%)
- Dair > Uair (32%)
- Dair > Dair (36%)
- Dair > Up B (30%)
- Dair > Bair (35%)
- Dair > fSmash (Angled up) (43%)

You can get a Wizard Foot spike or a aerial Flame Choke SD but it's not a true combo.

High (65 - 80%)

- Dair > Fair (37%, Kills)
- Dair > Uair (32%)

Opponents Shield at the ledge

Go through the opponent with wizard foot and then surprise them with a Dair. If they stay in shield you can Dair > fTilt / dTilt for massive shield damage and it is quite safe pressure. Or you go for the kill with Dair > fSmash / uSmash for a shield break / shield poke.

Nair Autocancel

- Jump

Even though it covers 1 option, since it autocancels and you have a lingering hit boxes with good range, you can cover other things such as high recoveries. (ZSS down B, Shieks Down B from the ledge).

The best use for this is when you hit someone with the Wizard foot. This puts your opponent in a awkward position because with 1 read they could die.

So, the jump Nair covers if your opponent jumps straight away from the hit of wizard foot and puts you into a ledge guard opportunity. If they go low (If you get this read, you can go for pretty much any aerial) you now have stage control where you can use many strategies since you have landed in the perfect spot to set up.

Some options if they go low are:

Wizard Foot Ledge Cancel > Jump Nair autocancel > Flame Choke > grab ledge > ledge trump

Wizard Foot Ledge Cancel > Jump Nair autocancel > Flame Choke > grab ledge > let go of ledge > Uair

Wizard Foot Ledge Cancel > Jump Nair autocancel > uSmash

Wizard Foot Ledge Cancel > Jump Nair autocancel > uTilt

Aerial Flame Choke

- Normal Get Up
- Get up attack
- Roll on

Can also can get jumps and a aerial from the ledge if timed correctly.

This option covers the most but is the most risky. If you do get this, you need to read your opponent to get any follow ups.

How to cover the options:

- Get up Attack:

You shield the attack and you shield grab them, could throw them off stage with bThrow or do dThrow and hopefully get a combo.

- Roll Away

This is the best outcome for you if your opponent has a bad roll. (DK) You can follow up with a dSmash and this will send them flying off stage and hopefully get the kill.

- Roll behind

Go for a dash grab and do either fThrow / dThrow or go for a tipman from Uair. If you get the tipman, you force your opponent to slide of the stage and you can footstool into aerial wizard foot spike. This mainly works at low %. 15% - 40% roughly.

This is pretty much what I have found so far on wizard foot ledge cancelling and I hoped it helped.

If you have any other tricks, share and I'll add it.

Share on what's your favorite thing to do out of wizard foot ledge cancel, always good to know what other ganondorf mains do. :4ganondorf:

Last edited:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
A couple of side notes:

- This is all really useful stuff without the ledge canceled Wizkick as well. I use run off the stage, DJ autocancel DAir quite a bit as ledge pressure.

- I believe AC DAir > Aerial Wizkick spike DOES work, it's just super tight and you have to hit with the very top of the hitbox. If DAir > DAir works then technically DAir > air Wizkick should be working to since they're the same start up (16f)

Thanks for sharing :)

Top Bottom