• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With the new Smash Bros application, can I play Wii U online with a 3DS?

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
An application called "Smash Controller" (I believe) was released on the eShop a while ago. Apparently it allows you to play on your 3DS as a controller for the Wii U. Is it possible to play For Glory on the Wii U using the 3DS with this app?

I haven't bought a Wii U yet but if this is possible I just might buy one. I play horrendously on the Wii U gamepad. :p

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
No. You can only use it in Smash mode whether you use Smash 3DS or Smash Controller.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Get a gcn adapter and controller. Only proper way to play smash
There is no proper way to play smash. If someone wants to play with a strange controller, it's their choice, and it's a valid choice.

link2702

Smash Champion
There is no proper way to play smash. If someone wants to play with a strange controller, it's their choice, and it's a valid choice.
nope sorry, GCN controller is still the only real choice, anything else is inferior.

:yeahboi:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
nope sorry, GCN controller is still the only real choice, anything else is inferior.

:yeahboi:
Damn, I guess all the people I beat with the pro controller are gonna be mad that I beat them with a fake choice.

link2702

Smash Champion
Damn, I guess all the people I beat with the pro controller are gonna be mad that I beat them with a fake choice.
hey, can't help it cuz some of them who do have the superior controller don't understand how to use it. Doesn't change the fact though that if you, or anyone else using the inferior models would just upgrade, you'd find you'd do a lot better.

:happysheep:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'll be honest, I've actually kinda grown to like the 3DS as a controller. I assume part of it is Stockholm Syndrome since I don't have a Wii U, but in all seriousness, I actually like the analog on N3DSXL. The reason for this is because it has a lot less travel on it than a console controller which I feel adds a bit of precision at times.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that Gamecube controllers will always be one of the best ways to Smash, but I'm finding myself missing them less and less.

But again, I'm weird, so take that with a grain of salt. ^^;

Top Bottom