• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With Captain Falcon being revealed so late...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It makes me doubt an F-Zero character so much, Have we had any recent characters get reps in the series besides Roy?

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
As much as I really wanted a new F-Zero character, I wasn't expecting one.

But... maybe if Black Shadow is a clone of Captain Falcon he could be thrown in last minute or something. Or maybe it's gonna be one of the last newcomer reveals.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
As much as I really wanted a new F-Zero character, I wasn't expecting one.

But... maybe if Black Shadow is a clone of Captain Falcon he could be thrown in last minute or something. Or maybe it's gonna be one of the last newcomer reveals.
ROSTER BE DECIDORED IN TWO THOUSAND N TWELVE

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
If Lucina's a playable character for her reasons, then Blood Falcon has a chance. Although I prefer Phoenix, Black Shadow, Beastman, or Ryu from the anime. . .we most likely won't get an F-Zero rep unless it's Blood Falcon or Black Shadow.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
At this point it seems like Nintendo has forgotten that the F-Zero franchise exists and thinks Captain Falcon originated in Smash Bros, so I'm not optimistic for a new rep. Plus nearly all of the newcomers have come from Wii/3DS games. I just don't see it happening.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
At this point it seems like Nintendo has forgotten that the F-Zero franchise exists and thinks Captain Falcon originated in Smash Bros, so I'm not optimistic for a new rep. Plus nearly all of the newcomers have come from Wii/3DS games. I just don't see it happening.
Well this isn't Nintendo, It's Sakurai and Namco.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Well this isn't Nintendo, It's Sakurai and Namco.
I still remember that miiverse post Sakurai made with :4falcon:, making a comment relating to why he doesn't have a new game yet. This could be a chance to promote F-Zero a bit more in Smash?!

The exclamation hype is a ruse I'm 60% hyped for a 2nd potential new F-Zero chracter.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I still remember that miiverse post Sakurai made with :4falcon:, making a comment relating to why he doesn't have a new game yet. This could be a chance to promote F-Zero a bit more in Smash?!

The exclamation hype is a ruse I'm 60% hyped for a 2nd potential new F-Zero chracter.
I really wanted to think Sakurai was teasing an F-Zero game in development that hasn't been announced yet. I want to believe. It's been so long. D:

Honestly, if there were another F-Zero rep, I think Samurai Goroh would be the obvious choice, but he's already been confirmed to be an assist trophy. Black Shadow would obviously be cool. Pico might not be bad either. It's suggested in the F-Zero games that he's a vicious fighter, so maybe Sakurai could come up with a moveset for him.

D

Deleted member

I doubt that F-Zero will get another rep. Black Shadow stands the best chance due to his popularity in Japan and the fact that he is easily cloneable.
I think that the main thing that hurts F-Zero from getting another rep is because of how dormant the series is.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Here's what I think should happen but I only think half of it will.

Black Shadow should be a clone of Falcon, and I'm talking giving him Ganondorf's stats and attributes from the previous games, with some buffs of course. That way if we do get Ganondorf with a brand new move set, we have Black Shadow as the compromise for those who liked Ganondorf's Falcon move set from Melee and Brawl.

Blood Falcon should be a costume with his own voice clips, announcer calls and display name, this is how I think Dark Pit will be handled too.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Blood Falcon should be a costume with his own voice clips, announcer calls and display name, this is how I think Dark Pit will be handled too.
Oh, It's that kind of person again.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
What exactly is wrong with that? It's a good idea and a way to "TECHNICALLY" add new characters. More specifically literal clones that might as well be costumes.
I despise this idea from the fanbase, Alternate Costumes cannot be different characters! They just can't!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I despise this idea from the fanbase, Alternate Costumes cannot be different characters! They just can't!
Tell that to Kratos in PSASBR where one of his costumes was his brother from the PSP God of War games. Or any other video game where separate characters are alternate costumes.

Or how Lucina was almost an alt for Marth. (Sakurai confirmed this and said that separate characters as costumes CAN happen)

So yes. They CAN and MIGHT happen if Sakurai feels like it should be a thing.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Tell that to Kratos in PSASBR where one of his costumes was his brother from the PSP God of War games. Or any other video game where separate characters are alternate costumes.

Or how Lucina was almost an alt for Marth. (Sakurai confirmed this and said that separate characters as costumes CAN happen)

So yes. They CAN and MIGHT happen if Sakurai feels like it should be a thing.
There is no proof that Sakurai said that, Like most articles.

Luigi alt for Mario.
Lucina alt for Marth.
Lucas alt for Ness.
Falco alt for Fox.
Daisy alt for Peachohwait

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
The only character I think should actually be an alternate costume is Blood Falcon since he's a literal clone of Captain Falcon. I would be a total hypocrite if I preached against Dark Pit being a separate character and then sat there and supported Blood Falcon to be his own character

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Except the part where there is proof and it was a quote from him in a article.
The article HAS NO PROOF, People will just believe anything just because it has it's own page.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So i guess there's no proof from any article talking with the creator of a franchise. It's all kinds of denial from you.
Why would Blood Falcon be a costume for Captain Falcon and Zero Suit Samus not even be in the same slot as Power Suit Samus? Because of their movesets? Look at Green Mario and Toon Link!

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Why would Blood Falcon be a costume for Captain Falcon and Zero Suit Samus not even be in the same slot as Power Suit Samus? Because of their movesets? Look at Green Mario and Toon Link!
Saying Luigi and Toon Link repeatedly isn't an argument.

Zero Suit Samus isn't in the same slot because Sakurai got rid of transformations. :rolleyes:

Blood Falcon is a LITERAL clone of Captain Falcon. Him being a costume MAKES SENSE. Lucina copies Marth. So it makes sense that she was ALMOST a costume.

Sakurai looks for differences in characters. Luigi has plenty of differences. Same with Toon Link.

Again, you're in denial over the fact that Sakurai said it was possible.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Saying Luigi and Toon Link repeatedly isn't an argument.

Zero Suit Samus isn't in the same slot because Sakurai got rid of transformations. :rolleyes:

Blood Falcon is a LITERAL clone of Captain Falcon. Him being a costume MAKES SENSE. Lucina copies Marth. So it makes sense that she was ALMOST a costume.

Sakurai looks for differences in characters. Luigi has plenty of differences. Same with Toon Link.

Again, you're in denial over the fact that Sakurai said it was possible.
Once there is proof Sakurai said that i will believe you, But there isn't.

And Toon Link does not have plenty of differeneces, He is just lighter and has different taunts. Not to mention Green Mario was almost identical other than his Fireball had different physics.

Captain Falcon cosplaying as Blood Falcon like Peach and Daisy does make sense though i give you that.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I really wanted to think Sakurai was teasing an F-Zero game in development that hasn't been announced yet. I want to believe. It's been so long. D:

Honestly, if there were another F-Zero rep, I think Samurai Goroh would be the obvious choice, but he's already been confirmed to be an assist trophy. Black Shadow would obviously be cool. Pico might not be bad either. It's suggested in the F-Zero games that he's a vicious fighter, so maybe Sakurai could come up with a moveset for him.
;_; Hyesz.

I had a thought that Goroh would of gotten Little Mac treatment & ascend his AT status to playable but thinking back on it I'm glad he's at least AT again if not in the game at all. We may get more F-Zero representation through AT's or a new character just gotta wait & see. It is late but when Goroh was announced for AT again I that was definitely confirmed for the captain to return. I still have my wants but they won't get a chance let alone be chosen for as an alternate costume look. It'd be cool to see a character have complete different looks when changing your palette swap but realistically it won't happen, that's what texture hacks are for.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

And Toon Link does not have plenty of differeneces, He is just lighter and has different taunts. Not to mention Green Mario was almost identical other than his Fireball had different physics.

Captain Falcon cosplaying as Blood Falcon like Peach and Daisy does make sense though i give you that.
Toon Link has more differences than Lucina. Lucina's only difference is that she doesn't use the tip of the sword thing Marth does.

So he does have plenty of differences.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Blood Falcon was one of Falcon's colors in the last three Smash Bros games, just saying, granted he was missing the skull on the helmit but he had the color and the emblem.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wolf is omitted from the final roster because they have not revealed Falco yet! Dat logic... or lack thereof.

I still have faith in Black Shadow and I doubt Captain Falcon's reveal date is relevant in the slightest.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481

We don't know if Lucina has different taunts or not. It's pretty much given though. She can fight with the mask too. xD

She probably has one or two moves different, but nonetheless, no tipper = different character. It's like Marth and Roy in melee. Aesthetically the same, but the two play differently.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Palettes =/= The same character, I'm with Redyfly on this, Characters as other characters alts is a stupid idea, palettes on the other hand is fine.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Wolf is omitted from the final roster because they have not revealed Falco yet! Dat logic... or lack thereof.

I still have faith in Black Shadow and I doubt Captain Falcon's reveal date is relevant in the slightest.
Characters as other characters alts is a stupid idea, palettes on the other hand is fine.
And this is why we need Black Shadow to just destroy all the logic & decimate them completely.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
This reminds me when people screamed that Lucina was an alt and not a newcomer
People did that?
Man. . .I oddly didn't even think she was an alt during the first 10 seconds of the FE x Falcon trailer. I expected her to be a Newcomer.:shades:

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
In a perfect world, we'd get another F-Zero character to coincide with a new F-Zero game. But no, instead Kid Icarus gets a second character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom