• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With Brawl coming soon and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO Chaos

Smash Rookie
With everything that Brawl is offering, would online Brawl tournaments be preferred over the way they're held now? And with people heading over to Brawl, would (local) Melee tournaments die down and disappear? Dunno, jus wondering about this...

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
With everything that Brawl is offering, would online Brawl tournaments be preferred over the way they're held now? And with people heading over to Brawl, would (local) Melee tournaments die down and disappear? Dunno, jus wondering about this...
Online smash is going to suck.

It will be the haven for noobs, scrubs, and wii mote users.

The nintendo netwrok is kinda sucky as is, no real network games out and sucky support (i.e. friend codes)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
They will still have huge tournaments where people from around the country will travel to for Brawl. People like meeting others at their skill level and hate johns such as lag.

Isn't Halo 2 online? There are numerous in-person tournaments for that (MLG).

The only true online tournaments are for PC games.

However, I'm pretty sure some small tournaments will be runned online for sure.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Online smash is going to suck.
(i.e. friend codes)
I respectfully disagree with you. While it may not be organized in any way whatsoever like XBOX LIVE or Battle.net there is still going to be some demand for online play and with enough support and effort people will make tournaments.

I will agree that they will not necessarily have the same caliber of players. There will be brawl players who might refuse to compete online. Whether their reasons are for lag, or the concern that they want to hold on to the tradiitonal methods of competing face to face. However, some people do not have the luxury of always having a tournament to drive off to. Plus, some have the same circle of competitors and while that may be fun, some may want to have a little more freedom to venture out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom