• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With all that's happened up to now, let's get a Main census going here.

ancara22

Smash Apprentice
This is just a thread to see who each of you will main after seeing the full roster. A secondary is fine as well. Thought it'd be fun to see how this goes, and look back on this months after the game releases with how that changes.

I'll start off: For me, I'm likely going to main :4littlemac:. But secondary-wise, no questions asked, it will always be :4luigi:, always until the end.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Robin, Lucina, Bowser Jr and Samus look like my prospective mains from the get-go. :)

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
This game looks absolutely fantastic, and I can't believe there are people who are so absolutely whiny.
I wanted K. Rool and Takamaru.
Both are deconfirmed.
Instead I got Duck Hunt, Palutena (<3), Megaman, and god damn Little Mac.
I have no idea who to main! SO MANY CHOICES~
Based Soccerguy.

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Still going to main Luigi.:4luigi:

My secondary mains will probably be Dr. Mario :drmario: and Robin:4robinm:. Other characters of interest to me are normal Mario :4mario:, Ike :4myfriends:, Shulk :4shulk:, and Marth :4marth:. I'll have a look at most of the characters in some way though. c:

EDIT: After watching some footage, I might add Wario to my list of secondary mains or even a tertiary main. He should be called Smoothio in this game...:warioc:

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Well it's coming down to Yoshi, Luigi, Zero Suit Samus and Dr. Mario.

Main will probably be ZSS now after thinking about it for a while, and Dr. Mario looks pretty good so he might be my secondary.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Probably just gonna try the entire cast out. Still gonna play Lucario and Pit I think, but Bowser Jr. looks great as well. Oh, and Kirby of course. Probably gonna keep a pocket Mii Gunner just to frustrate my friends. XD

NeroRevolver

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeroRevolver
I have to say Im actually in love with the roster, thats even with Wolf being cut and the whole Pit/Dark Pit debacle.

I was going to main:4megaman: but honestly, he looks extremely horrible. No hitstuns and he has a ton of recovery on every move he has almost.

So Im going to take a look at :4greninja: and :4samus:

And also, there are already a ton of the "Who are you going to main" type of threads. Pre and Post Gema twitch stream.

No offense.

Last edited:

BestTeaMaker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BestTeaMaker
3DS FC
0345-0407-6977
I don't know who to even main with. I want to get a feel of all the characters and see what each of them are capable of. The biggest change with the roster is the engine itself. We already see huge changes to veteran characters and the new potential the newcomers bring.

I want to be the master of them all~~!

That being said, :gw: will be my backup.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Donkey Kong. Has been since before some of you were probably even born, or at least since before you were in grade school.

Definitely going to give every newcomer a good look except for Dark Pit - they all look like they have something new and fun to bring to the table or were at least from a game I loved.

Rayze Darr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rayze_Darr
3DS FC
5327-0902-3469
I'm going to begin by testing out my mains from previous games, them being Ness, Falco, and Olimar, though with Ollie I'm probably going to use an Alph skin, maybe the one that colors him like Brittany.

As for Veterans that I haven't mained, King Dedede's changes look phenomenal. I can't wait to try out his newly buffed self.

Newcomer-wise, I have a few I want to try. I'm definitely a roleplaying kind of guy, so I'll be doing a lot of things with my Mii Fighter regardless. I'm thinking Gunner looks the most fun of the three Mii Fighter styles, followed by Sword, then Brawler. Villager doesn't look hugely viable, based on the demo, but he does look like a ton of fun to play as, so I'll be giving him a fair crack as well. Bowser Jr. is actually one of my favorite characters in the Mario universe, and that Shadow Mario Final Smash that he's got going for him looks incredible. I may play as Ludwig instead of Bowser Jr., though, just to shake things up a bit.

Of course, the one I'm going to work the hardest on is Duck Hunt. That Banjo-Kazooie alternate skin is to die for, and I will do everything I can to make the duo my mains for the skin alone. I won't force it, though. If I'm just straight-up better with someone else, I'll use the someone else instead. I'm pretty confident that I can master the Dog and Duck, though. Confident, and very hopeful.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Mains:

Primary: :4pikachu::4charizard:(Jigglypuff) :4lucario::4greninja:

Secondary: :4kirby::4yoshi::4sonic::4pacman:(Duck Hunt)

Honorable Mentions: :4mario::4zss::4palutena::4link:and either (Mr. Game and Watch) or :4megaman:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Primary Mains: Toon Link, Shulk, Robin, Greninja.

Backups: Palutena, Charizard, Bowser Jr., and possibly Wario. Still a bit indecisive.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Interested in trying out: :4lucina::4shulk::4robinm::4palutena::rosalina::4littlemac:Duck Hunt
Back-up main: :4dedede:

I've been playing a lot as Villager and Megaman in the demo and as much as I love Villager he just doesn't suit me I think. Megaman I will have to try with my own custom controls, he's pretty fun.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Palutena, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Shulk, Dark Pit, Greninja, Lucina, Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt

My mains, secondaries and other most played characters will come from this list.

Xeiros

Smash Cadet
I need to be able to actually play the game to see how the characters feel from a physics/mechanics standpoint before even thinking about focusing on a particular character or characters. Reading about them just doesn't cut it for me.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Going to main :4pit::4yoshi::4robinm::4bowser::4charizard:& Bowser Jr.

Not touching Dark Pit though. Still can't stand the idea of him being a fighter.

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
Main Ness like always. Dat buff.

After that I'll have (In no particular order) Purple Luigi, Daisy Peach, Wario, SNES plated R.O.B., and Pimp Dedede back as my favorite Brawlers and Ludwig, DHD, Villager, and my Mii Fighter get to join in on the fun.

Of course the random button is always fun when playing against little kids.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Can't really say. Whoever I feel the most comfortable with I guess? For vets I'll probably see if I'm still comfortable with Falco, Zard, Dedede, Kirby, Toon Link, Pikachu and C.Falcon. I'd rather main a newcomer though, all of which look awesome, so who knows.

In a perfect world though, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr or Greninja.

elliotnz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5906-3244
Get as good as possible at shulk

Play duckhunt g&w & rob against noobs

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
:4littlemac:, :4shulk:(they were my most wanted newcomers), then Dr. Mario and :4mario:, and :4metaknight:. Then everyone else as a secondary :awesome:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Maining Doctor Mario, Mario, and Luigi.
Subbing Wario, Ganondorf, Bowser, Little Mac, and maybe Robin. A plethora more I will play tertiary as in very barebones.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
:4pacman::4greninja::4robinm::drmario: are my main candidates, although I really won't know for sure until release. Pretty sold on ninja tho

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I mained R.O.B in Brawl just to troll my friends who didn't know who he was. They hated being destroyed by a random robot.

I think I'll do the same with Dark Pit this go-around.

Top Bottom