• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wispy info

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
As you already know, Wispy is the name of the tree that literally blows you away on Dreamland 64.

Unfortunately, the timings of the wind blowing are random. But l've found out on vs mode that Wispy prefers to blow the highest controller port. Meaning that he will always be facing Player 1, followed by player 2 & 3. (1>2>3>4)

The wind affects grounded players on the main stage and the side platform Wispy is facing. Every blow lasts 4 seconds.

Spacies' edge attack below 100% will slide off back to the edge afterwards if blown.

If a character is shield broken, asleep (from puff's sing) or soul stunned (mew2's down B) on a side platform that gets blown by wispy, then they could fall off the platform and instantly regain consciousness when airborne.

#SplittersOnMyWood

Last edited:
Ah, I was unaware of wispy blowing the highest port controlled character. I am not really certain if that can be abused or not. The only situation I know if it being useful might be for someone like say Marth. If he catches someone at the near edge of DL he can Dthrow to smack them beneath the stage. Or maybe that was CF specific. I am not sure.

Anyway, the only time I ever recall wispy getting involved as a stage was during grabs.

Top Bottom