• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wishful thinking

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
I understand that Pokemaon Trainer has Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard all thats done is done... but when I told my casual player friend this he seemed very bummed out and said he wishes instead it was Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam (If I spelled wrong my bad) then I thought hey why dont I ask the boards what they wanted their three to be. Please express your own opinions and why.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
Good topic.

Although I actually think the Squirtle / Ivysaur / Charizard line-up is perfect as it's three pokemon that best represent the Pokemon Universe alongside Pikachu. That's kind of why I want Jigglypuff and Mewtwo to be out so second, third, and forth pokemon can be represented.

With that in mind...

Smeargle (2nd gen (most under-rated pokemon ever!))
Blaziken (3rd gen (might as well satisfy the Blaziken wanters!))
Luxray (4th gen (quadrapedal electric/dark thing!))

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I have a few that I would suggest:

2nd gen:

Totodile
Bayleef
Typhlosion

3rd gen:

Mudkip
Grovyle
Blaziken

4th Gen

Piplup
Grotle
Infernape

Yes, these are all in the same format as the 1st gen. But I am sure that at least 80% of the people here will agree that the 1st evolution water types, 2nd evolution grass types, and 3rd evolution fire types all have their own really cool look/cuteness about them.

If there was some way to include all of these as 'clone-esque' types, I would be all for it. But charizard and the wings kind of mess it up. I've made some comparisons as who could easily be a clone as far as moves go.

Change withdraw to surf and all three 1st evolution water pokemon could be semi-clones.
Ivysaur, Bayleef, and Grotle could easily be semi-clones.
Blaziken and Infernape could be semi-clones.

Now I know that this will not happen, and never would, but by some chance it did... I don't think many people would mind having the different generations as "alternate costumes" type of thing. Even if they were all clones.

It would be hard to do, and won't happen. But it's a pretty unique idea.

Patinator

Smash Champion
...Four words for you: Palkia, Dialga, and Arceus. Final Smashes: Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, and Judgement. Legendary Pokemon Trainer for God Tier! No pun intended, LOL.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman

2nd gen:

Totodile
Bayleef
Typhlosion

3rd gen:

Mudkip
Grovyle
Blaziken

4th Gen

Piplup
Grotle
Infernape

Yes, these are all in the same format as the 1st gen. But I am sure that at least 80% of the people here will agree that the 1st evolution water types, 2nd evolution grass types, and 3rd evolution fire types all have their own really cool look/cuteness about them.

If there was some way to include all of these as 'clone-esque' types, I would be all for it. But charizard and the wings kind of mess it up. I've made some comparisons as who could easily be a clone as far as moves go.

Change withdraw to surf and all three 1st evolution water pokemon could be semi-clones.

Now I know that this will not happen, and never would, but by some chance it did... I don't think many people would mind having the different generations as "alternate costumes" type of thing. Even if they were all clones.

I also would love for this to happen, as much as i love kanto, i'm kind of a huge fan of the Johto starters.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman

2nd gen:

Totodile
Bayleef
Typhlosion

3rd gen:

Mudkip
Grovyle
Blaziken

4th Gen

Piplup
Grotle
Infernape

Just one problem, Piplup is already a Poké Ball Pokémon.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
ythy

Heracross, tauros and gengar.

I like muk and parasect more then gengar but gengar just seems funner to play as. I had a dream where I played as gengar in my dream.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
tghg

Good topic.

Although I actually think the Squirtle / Ivysaur / Charizard line-up is perfect as it's three pokemon that best represent the Pokemon Universe alongside Pikachu. That's kind of why I want Jigglypuff and Mewtwo to be out so second, third, and forth pokemon can be represented.

With that in mind...

Smeargle (2nd gen (most under-rated pokemon ever!))
Blaziken (3rd gen (might as well satisfy the Blaziken wanters!))
Luxray (4th gen (quadrapedal electric/dark thing!))

Smeargle definetly isn't underated. That thing is such a pest if you don't have something to stop baton pass chains. Luxray is mono electric BTW he's not part dark.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
My line-up would be Chikorita, Quilava/Crocnaw, Feraligatr/Typhlosion

aruby14

Smash Apprentice

2nd gen:

Totodile
Bayleef
Typhlosion

3rd gen:

Mudkip
Grovyle
Blaziken

4th Gen

Piplup
Grotle
Infernape

Love it i had a very similar idea and posted it and got like super flamed for it:laugh:
But i would have to say Electabuzz, Gengar and Tyranitar YeaHH!!!

O Rly?

Smash Cadet
A pipe dream, and all, but I would've loved to have:

Clefable, Banette, Machop.

As to what they would've DONE, I haven't a clue.

Shadowclaw

Smash Cadet
I would have rather had Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. Ah, the memories... But yeah, I'm sure about 90% of the americans would have preferred Charizard anyways.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I like this thread.

However, this is a pretty tough question. I'd want my facorite Pokemon but off the top of my head I can't think of many. So here are mine, maybe with some changes later.

Cubone, Haunter, and Dragonite.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
I like this thread.

However, this is a pretty tough question. I'd want my facorite Pokemon but off the top of my head I can't think of many. So here are mine, maybe with some changes later.

Cubone, Haunter, and Dragonite.
Mine would have to be...

Mudkip, Roserade, Magmortar...

btw, this thread is EPIC...
Oh yes Roserade and Dragonite better be in Brawl as a Pokeball or else I will be very very upset...
Think about it now if Roserade was a pokeball woudnt it be likely she/ he would go about the stage using Petal Dance and she can look like Meta Knights neutral B but with petals... As for Dragonite I dunno he can do so many stuff but what does come to mind is that one attack where there is one cool meteor shower attack in Diamond and Pearl (dunno what it was called in English since I have Japanese ver. (btw Darkrai!!) but it sure was fancy)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I'm content with what it is now. IMO, Charizard should've been playable in the first Smash, not Jigglypuff (I want her in now just because she has grown to be a staple of the series). My favorite Pokemon gen was the second one, so I guess I would've liked Chikorita, Quilava, Feraliagatr or Chikorita, Crocnaw, Typhlosion.

Cinder

Smash Master
Oh yes Roserade and Dragonite better be in Brawl as a Pokeball or else I will be very very upset...
Think about it now if Roserade was a pokeball woudnt it be likely she/ he would go about the stage using Petal Dance and she can look like Meta Knights neutral B but with petals... As for Dragonite I dunno he can do so many stuff but what does come to mind is that one attack where there is one cool meteor shower attack in Diamond and Pearl (dunno what it was called in English since I have Japanese ver. (btw Darkrai!!) but it sure was fancy)
Draco Meteor...

I've changed my mind >.<...Mudkip, Roserade, Gallade...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
sigh... So close to having Charmeleon as playable. :p If I could have any three Pokemon under Pokemon Trainer, I would probably have Charmeleon, Heatran, and... It's really hard to chose from there. Either Magmortar, Feraligatr, or Tyranitar.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
sigh... So close to having Charmeleon as playable. :p If I could have any three Pokemon under Pokemon Trainer, I would probably have Charmeleon, Heatran, and... It's really hard to chose from there. Either Magmortar, Feraligatr, or Tyranitar.
I agree with that so much I felt that Charmeleon would have been a very cool candidate... very fast with slash attacks

Top Bottom