• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wisdom Teeth

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
I just got my wisdom teeth out on Monday.... my face is swollen, my neck, ears and jaw hurt. I've been eating alot of soup and Italian ice... drinking lots of soda :) and taking lots of percocet :D I wanna know how it was for others how had to get their wisdoms out. This is the 3rd day where I just lay around with ice on my face :(

77Seven_Stars77

Smash Journeyman
I haven't had my wisdom teeth pulled out yet, but I will in approx. 3 months or so. My friend had her wisdom teeth pulled out in addition to 4 other teeth at once. Now that's pain.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
My wisdom teeth removal operation went very smoothly. I was asleep for most of the first 24 hours afterwards, and then for the next 4 days or so, I still had some swelling... but it was relatively painless. I don't think I even had to take any pain killers of any sorts after the first day. Maybe I was just lucky, but I really didn't mind getting the teeth pulled at all.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Freak of Nature coming through!

I have no wisdom teeth! The dentist said at one of my checkups that I have none or will have any. No pain in my mouth for me from those things!

And I think he also said that my sister has only one pair of wisdom teeth. Freaky.

RedYoshiOfDeath

Smash Apprentice
Well I had my wisdom teeth pulled out about 6 months ago. I don't remember there being much pain after I got home but man, the teeth pulling sucked. I went under local anesthetic instead of going to sleep. Because you can never know what people do to you while you're sleeping. But the worst part was having them stick this needle through the roof of my mouth. Yeah, that hurt a lot. But once I got home I really never had that much pain. I took like one percoset a day and that was it. I had mine done on a monday and I was already eating semi-hard foods by friday. Hope you feel better Greta. Person I don't know

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
^_^

What are Wisdom Teeth??? It doesn't sound like they are of any use.

I never go to the dentist >=) All natural baby, step it up!

:starman:

Lycanus Tigre

Smash Apprentice
Take the third right after Pluto and its the third
I had my wisdom teeth out about 2 weeks ago. It wasn't very fun. I had anesthesia for the surgery so I was unconcious the whole time. One minute I was staring at the ceiling waiting to feel sleepy, and the next thing I know I'm looking at a different ceiling wondering what the F just happened. The rest of the day was pretty much spent on the couch with ice on my face and my lower jaw completely numb. The numbness is the absolute worst part. I was on Lodene and Loratab the whole time. The most important thing to do is rest, KEEP THAT ICE ON AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, and do whatever it takes to not get dry sockets. It will be miserable, you will hurt, but that's what the painkillers are for. It will all be over in about a week. Other than being incredibly bored and unable to open my mouth very far or chew, my experience wan't all that bad. And I had all 4 teeth taken out AND they were all bony impacted. That means that they hadn't erupted from my jaw bone and that the surgeon had to cut trough bone to get them out. The fourth day after the surgery I was able to eat some Chinese food (Panda Express), and I don't mean the noodles. Eat soft things like spaghetti, bread (no hard crusts), and other things that take little or no effort to chew. Jell-o is good, and so is pudding. Get your mom (or dad) to get you some pudding. All you have to do is just swallow and enjoy. Don't worry, it'll all be over soon.

SakuraPichu

Smash Ace
I got my wisdom teeth out already. only thing i remember about it was that they kept poking me with the needle because they couldn't find a vein. i still have to scar to prove it, literally!:( it wasn't fun at all. and after i got them out, i had to put gause pads in the back of my mouth where they were taken out. i couldn't talk for a while since if i did, blood would come oozing out and i'd have a metalic taste in my mouth, like drinking ensure:D.
i also know that i hated it because i wanted to go to Otakan that summer but couldn't beacuse i had to get the toothess out. i ended up not getting them out, missing Otakan, and finally getting the toothess out in the middle of the school year:mad:
not fun at all.:cry:

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Ah, the old topic. That was the first topic I posted in. And you know, they seriously didn't give me any laughing gas, but they gave ol' 9 some.

I literally got my Wisdoms out three days after I joined here, and then the topic came up, so I was more than willing to post my advice to any and all.

And we ALL know the story about me asking the girl out while high on the Hydrocodone.

Novowels

Fallen Angel
BRoomer
I have wisdom teeth... But the ol' dentist said they will never get impounded, or wtfever it is they do that sucks. So I never needed to have them pulled.

w00t!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Originally posted by Ticadrius
And we ALL know the story about me asking the girl out while high on the Hydrocodone.
Hmm? I don't know the story... =( I would love to love, Seven Inch Tic Tac.

Wisdom teeth? Don't got 'em yet.

Shök

Smash Champion
*Revives*

I just had my second wisdom tooth removed. It was a little worse than last time.

When they removed my first wisdom tooth, I felt almost no pain at all after the removal. Yesterday, they removed my second wisdom tooth. Sigh...I felt some pain and I had nausea for some time. :dizzy:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Dentist freak me out, metal on teeth just doesn't appeal to me :p

Haven't had them out yet, and dreading the day when I need to.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I haven't had them out, and I have no idea when I will. I've had quite a bit of dentistry done, so I'm definitely going to have to have all four wisdom teeth out to keep my teeth straight. The worst part is that I have to wait until I start feeling the pain before I get them out. They told me to contact them when I start noticing them surfacing. :/

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Mine were taken out just as one was breaking thru and they cut the rest out at that time. It wasn't too bad, a bit painful, the stitches were annoying, and I couldn't stop fooling around w/y tongue w/the hole left behind once my stitches were out.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I havent gotten mine out YET. But i have gotten 8 (?) teeth pulled (half were permanant). Lotsa blood. Mom let me get a milkshake from McDonalds. Funstuff.

Next summer im probs getting em out. They're hiding under my molars and wont come out. I want to get em pulled at the same time as 2 of my friends so we can all narrate a movie while high on pain meds.

Top Bottom