• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wireless Routers

Elysium

Smash Lord
Alright, so I wanted to Wifi my house up so my Wii can get online (because the USB connection is annoying) and when I get my laptop I'd be able to surf and research for school wherever/whenever since I only have 1 computer in the house. Right now I'm using a Modem I got from Cox Communications when I got their high speed internet service.

After talking with a buddy of mine who is pretty computer savvy, we came up with the idea that since the modem connections into the desktop through the NIC card, it should work the same if it was plugged into a Wireless Router. We're both not sure if this would work, and I'm not about to go buy a decent WR only to find out that it doesn't work.

I have a couple other ideas but this one seems like the best of them. If anyone can confirm this, or inform me of another way to achieve my goal that would be awesome.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, that's exactly how it works. Your Wifi router also doubles as a wired router, meaning you can plug in to it as if it were your modem.

Usually Wifi routers have 4 ports on the back for devices to be plugged in, in addition to the Wifi signal.

If you need a hand in configuration/setup I can give you a hand. You live in Az. If you're not terribly far away I wouldn't mind giving you a hand. It would be easier than typing up a how-to! lol.

Top Bottom