• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wireless router failing to load a certain page...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So my wireless router doesn't seem to load a certain webpage. If I leech from my neighbor's network, the website loads just fine. If I unplug the ethernet cable from the router, and plug it into my laptop, the website loads just fine.

So I'm guessing its a problem with my router-- I've Googled the problem (extensively...), and it seems a few other people have the same problem, but unfortunately, these cases remain unsolved as well.

Any of y'all know what the deal is here?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Try telling us what the router make/model is. And what website you're trying to go to, and what error message it's telling you.

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
It's not your router... It's your computer...
If you unplugged your Ethernet cable from your Desktop to your laptop and the laptop worked fine but the desktop didn't then it's your desktop....
I don't exactly know what is wrong unless you give more info as AltF4 requested but it's almost definitely not the router.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Try telling us what the router make/model is. And what website you're trying to go to, and what error message it's telling you.
Belkin G F5D7230-4 v8000, www.endoftheinter.net. The website times out. If I ping it, I get no response.

I've found a few more websites that don't work on wireless either. Omegle.com, and imageshack.us.

It's not your router... It's your computer...
If you unplugged your Ethernet cable from your Desktop to your laptop and the laptop worked fine but the desktop didn't then it's your desktop....
I don't exactly know what is wrong unless you give more info as AltF4 requested but it's almost definitely not the router.
I didn't say anything about a desktop. In fact, I don't even have a desktop. I have a cable modem, a router, and a laptop. My modem is plugged into my wireless router, which is how I have wireless internet. If I unplug it from the router and plug the modem directly into my laptop, these websites load perfectly.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I have seriously never heard of such a thing. That's strange.

But I can both connect to and ping all 3 of those websites.

But if you're able to connect to the website by directly connecting to your modem, it's clear that it's a wireless problem, but I have no clue as to what that could possibly be.

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
I bet it's because you have a G router :]
But seriously thank you for correcting me, the problem is in the router then... I don't know what's wrong though maybe because it is G and it's probably spotty... how big is your house anyways?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd try resetting your router to factory settings. Sometimes there's a button in the back you can push, sometimes it's a menu option through a web interface. It's possible that some kind of filter our routing change occurred by accident.

Hmm... those websites don't appear to have anything in common in terms of IP address. This is a curious problem.

If nothing else, give the router a power cycle. (Removing the power plug for 15 seconds then plugging it back in)

EDIT: Perhaps you could try seeing if there's a difference between using the router's Wifi signal and manually plugging into the router?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I bet it's because you have a G router :]
But seriously thank you for correcting me, the problem is in the router then... I don't know what's wrong though maybe because it is G and it's probably spotty... how big is your house anyways?
My apartment is tiny. I'm on wireless right now, and my signal strength is full, and it couldn't be any further away. I've had this same router for about two years too, and it's never given me much trouble.

I'd try resetting your router to factory settings. Sometimes there's a button in the back you can push, sometimes it's a menu option through a web interface. It's possible that some kind of filter our routing change occurred by accident.

Hmm... those websites don't appear to have anything in common in terms of IP address. This is a curious problem.

If nothing else, give the router a power cycle. (Removing the power plug for 15 seconds then plugging it back in)

EDIT: Perhaps you could try seeing if there's a difference between using the router's Wifi signal and manually plugging into the router?
Tried all of this. :c No dice. Though there have been instances when I would go from cabled to wireless internet, and these websites would still work temporarily... and then start timing out again.

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
Idk it could just be noise in the air that is interfering..
I'd recommend getting a new router because your sounds a little outdated and could use a buffup... :]

But I don't want to make you spend money for no reason so just take it into consideration yourself..
Remember wireless N is also faster :]

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
After countless hours of Googling and finding solutions that ultimately failed me, I gave up....

And then a day later, it fixed itself. I'll be ****ed, if I had a gun, there'd be a bullet in my head right now.

Thanks for the suggestions, Alt, Anthony, and Leafy! :bee:

Top Bottom