• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WIP] Melee43DS - Super Smash Bros. Melee for Nintendo 3DS (Help Wanted!)

ih8ih8sn0w

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-6052-1564
any update on the project? I really want to see this come through
Not much has been done since peopler are just starting to get out of school and stuff. Will try to keep this updated whenever I remember to.
Are you guys going to be buffing low tiers, or leaving the game 100% as is?
If you are, you shouldn't touch the Top 8, but get all of the low tiers up to the level of Samus or C. Falc.
This will likely depend on how they do in the final product, If they end up just doing great somehow, they will be left alone, if not, then they will be modified accordingly most likely.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I really hope you can get the mod off the ground and the engine working before you start worry about balancing or any of the extras. That being said, time to be a hypocrite. The driving force behind project m was to bring melee to a newer age, with better balancing. Or, at least that's what I perceive it as. So whats the point behind THIS project? It can't be what project M had; project m has already done that and it would b hard to handle it with such a large roster size. Besides that there's the problem of DLC characters: Nintendo could shoot you down easily if you give out the DLC free with the mod. Despite al these worries I honestly hope this project is accomplished and the end result is amazing. So keep working at college, and keep working on the project. Good luck.
Nintendo will just end up shutting this down in the future.

timX24968B

Smash Rookie
any updates? i think people are probably done with school so this project should be moving.

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
To quote a post from the GBATemp thread from July 6th:

"Well, no, not really. We've completely stopped development.
We have dash dancing for each character (for real, not the fake video someone posted), which is kinda neat but not impressive enough for a release. We also have some balancing but, well, not really melee like in any way.
Our main coder is also out of commission due to surgery + we're waiting for more powerful tools.

Lastly, we've given the mod to an unnamed team to branch off from this... What will come of that? I don't know, but be on the lookout.

End of story:
- Don't put your faith in projects that claim they will have something super cool and show no proof
- Don't trust mods made ENTIRELY using other people's work like a certain Wii U mod
- If all they have is a logo, then it's gonna go nowhere"

tl;dr: "we've stopped development but it's still totally happening u guis"

ih8ih8sn0w

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-6052-1564
So this is completely dead?
Another team (which will not be discussed or mentioned) has taken over the project. They will release something when they decide to (or not). Time will tell. I will make a post here if they do post something.

CommanderRed

Smash Rookie
This seems like a very large project that may be too "out there". The 3ds has trouble running SNES games with SFX chip or Mode 7. I would love to be proven wrong though, so I will keep checking this thing out. How far is it into development.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Melee proper took 13 months of development and was only able to make the release date due to last minute bugfixing by Iwata.
Expecting to port a similar incarnation of that game to a device that can barely handle SNES games and has slowdown on Pokemon SuMo and Hyrule warriors with older models was never going to be easy.

Systems do have their limitations you know.

timX24968B

Smash Rookie
Melee proper took 13 months of development and was only able to make the release date due to last minute bugfixing by Iwata.
Expecting to port a similar incarnation of that game to a device that can barely handle SNES games and has slowdown on Pokemon SuMo and Hyrule warriors with older models was never going to be easy.

Systems do have their limitations you know.
this was more of a mod for a current game than a full game built up from the ground, though.

Isaac4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
someletters
3DS FC
4270-5125-0529
Switch FC
SW-0987-8922-3098
What happened to this

brkt

Smash Rookie
woohoo im 6 years late