• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winona x Jasmine (whoops) - UU RMT

Iceberg Toy

Smash Rookie
Swellow (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Protect
- U-turn

A pretty decent lead in my opinion. U-turn allows me to check for Steel/Rock counters and send out whatever is appropriate: Sceptile, Muk, Mesprit, or Slowbro. Protect is for later game (or early game) to scout + activate burn. Facade is a great sweeping mechanic and OHKOs an enormous host of Pokemon in UU... I have nearly 6-0'd an entire team before without a single switch.

It works pretty well in tandem with Sceptile, which pretty much ruins everything that counters Swellow. A U-Turn from a weak Steel type gives Sceptile a chance to start the setup process and take jabs at the whole metagame with its high speed. These two Pokemon form a very tough duo of fast and powerful physical sweepers.

Lal Brillante (Steelix) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/120 Atk/136 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Stealth Rock... we all know what this does. Weakens things that can usually outstall Mesprit, Sceptile, or Muk. Gyro Ball + Earthquake is pretty useful coverage, and it walks all over late game taunts that think this set only has stall moves on it. Explosion levels the playing field for a turn. I risk Steelix, who almost always knocks something out in the process.

It works rather well alongside the other Pokemon on my team with tanking abilities: Mesprit, Muk, and Slowbro. The incredible Defense stat is just plain unbeatable in UU, and it soaks up the physical attacks that Muk just can't.

Sceptile (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

As I mentioned before, Swellow's U-turn can really give Sceptile a head start. The trio of attacks here seems pretty useless, but so many UU Pokemon are absolutely ruined by it. Things that would usually be able to outstall Sceptile (Claydol, Chansey) and things that can setup on it under normal circumstances (Altaria, Charizard) are instantly met with powerful attacks that they can't handle.

Slowbro, while a whole hell of a lot slower, works well with Sceptile, hit on the opposite spectrum (special) and hitting the fliers that Sceptile can have problems with.

Caca (Slowbro) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Psychic
- Slack Off

This thing is great. It works as a great tank, as it can statup its Special Defense while working with an already incredible Defense and Leftovers + Slack Off. It can come in from Swellow's U-turn, just like Sceptile. It really does a lot against Moltres and Scyther which give the rest of this team awful problems.

Slowbro + Mesprit works well. Slowbro can outspeed a few things when they are paralyzed and can survive their hits either way.

El Perchero (Mesprit) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/124 Def/36 SAtk/96 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

This thing's balance is very useful. It allows me to tank and attack at the same time. I can always get in a Thunder Wave to shut down an irritating Scarfer to help out Sceptile or Swellow or to slow something down to the point where Steelix, Slowbro, and Muk outspeed them. Ice Beam ruins the Altaria that *think* they've found an opportunity to Dragon Dance. I just love switching this thing in and messing things up to help the rest of my team.

Asquerosa (Muk) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP/68 Atk/188 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Ice Punch
- Giga Drain
- Brick Break
- Poison Jab

Muk... gross. Anyway, this cleans everything else up. It really doesn't do much for my team, but it's a good late game candidate for when I've determined there's nothing left that can do unreasonable amounts of damage to it. Giga Drain has kind of sucked... but overall it's been a pretty interesting Pokemon to use.

Top Bottom