• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winning With Sass - Zelda Tournament Results

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U All-Ireland Tournament #4 [Online]
1st/13
25/4/15

Used: Zelda/Ganon (latter for one game)
Results: http://smashbrosirl.challonge.com/smashbrosirl4

Battlefield N.I. Smash24 [Offline]
2nd/26
21/3/15

Used: Zelda/Ganon

Madtown Smackdown 2 Sm4sh Singles (Offline)
4/25/15
3rd/24 entrants
Played as: :4zelda:only
Bracket: http://madsmash.challonge.com/MS24

Madtown Smackdown 2 Sm4sh Doubles (Offline)
4/25/15
4th/9 teams
Played as :4zelda: only (Partner was :4robinm:/:4pit:)
Bracket: http://madsmash.challonge.com/MS24D

*Note* Some matches were streamed. Will have those up as soon as they're available.
Hypest Wii U Doubles - World (online)
(Coffee Crew - @ Macchiato Macchiato + @Gyov4nn)
4/26/15
4th out of 24 teams
I used :4zelda::rosalina:
Partner used :4gaw::4rob:
Swiss Rounds: http://hypest.challonge.com/Apr26thWiiUDoublesWorld
Final Bracket: http://hypest.challonge.com/Apr26thWiiUDoublesWorldTopCut
Good stuff everyone <3

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
The Construct 26 (Offline) Sm4sh Singles
6/27/15
5th/16
Used: :4zelda: only
Bracket: http://mm.challonge.com/C26Smash4Singles

The Construct 26 (Offline) Sm4sh Doubles
6/27/15
2nd/9
Used: :4zelda: only (Partner: Nightwing :4ganondorf::4charizard::4falco:)
Bracket: http://mm.challonge.com/C26Smash4Doubles

*Notes*
The only guy I lost to was Marilink in Singles who played a ridiculous Greninja. Props to him for both of those sets. He barely won both 2-1 and both of the final games of those sets were last stock, last hit. The final moment of the final game, I tried to FW snipe him as he charged his Water Shuriken at me while I was recovering and he barely had enough time to release it and powershield my snipe. Basically lost by 1 frame. He was seeded very low since he had never been to any of the Constructs before and turned out to be amazing. Too bad I had to face him round 1 and again in loser's. Even though they're not reading this, props to Ray and Fons for placing higher than me even though I usually beat them but never face them in brackets save one time lol.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
The Construct 26 (Offline) Sm4sh Singles
6/27/15
5th/16
Bracket: http://mm.challonge.com/C26Smash4Singles

The Construct 26 (Offline) Sm4sh Doubles
6/27/15
2nd/9
Used: :4zelda: only (Partner: Nightwing :4ganondorf::4charizard::4falco:)
Bracket: http://mm.challonge.com/C26Smash4Doubles

*Notes*
The only guy I lost to was Marilink in Singles who played a ridiculous Greninja. Props to him for both of those sets. He barely won both 2-1 and both of the final games of those sets were last stock, last hit. The final moment of the final game, I tried to FW snipe him as he charged his Water Shuriken at me while I was recovering and he barely had enough time to release it and powershield my snipe. Basically lost by 1 frame. He was seeded very low since he had never been to any of the Constructs before and turned out to be amazing. Too bad I had to face him round 1 and again in loser's. Even though they're not reading this, props to Ray and Fons for placing higher than me even though I usually beat them but never face them in brackets save one time lol.
hmmmmmmmM so you played SuperMrJMT. Isn't he a Zelda as well?

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
hmmmmmmmM so you played SuperMrJMT. Isn't he a Zelda as well?
He is. I had played him before a few months ago as well when he visited Madison. I had just come off of losing first round so I went hypermode on him lol. He's a cool guy and wore a toon Zelda t-shirt that I envy. He and I played two other people in a friendly ffa Zelda only match that I never thought would happen in my life.

SuperMrJMT

Jordan M. Tannenbaum
NNID
SuperMrJMT
3DS FC
1805-2622-6991
He is. I had played him before a few months ago as well when he visited Madison. I had just come off of losing first round so I went hypermode on him lol. He's a cool guy and wore a toon Zelda t-shirt that I envy. He and I played two other people in a friendly ffa Zelda only match that I never thought would happen in my life.
I'm actually from Madison, but I've been pretty bad about making it to the gatherings at the Union because of school and work.

Yeah, Zylach absolutely crushed me in the Zelda ditto. It was a massacre. We had both just experienced a really close loss, but where I let it get to me, Zylach just powered up. I'll try not to embarrass myself so hard the next time we meet.

Oh, and help yourself. I originally bought it because a friend of mine wanted me to pick up a pocket character. I thought it was kind of clever.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I'm actually from Madison, but I've been pretty bad about making it to the gatherings at the Union because of school and work.

Yeah, Zylach absolutely crushed me in the Zelda ditto. It was a massacre. We had both just experienced a really close loss, but where I let it get to me, Zylach just powered up. I'll try not to embarrass myself so hard the next time we meet.

Oh, and help yourself. I originally bought it because a friend of mine wanted me to pick up a pocket character. I thought it was kind of clever.
And it comes in Purple! This is my new favorite shirt!

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
The Construct 27 sm4sh singles (Offline)
7/12/15
1st/21
Used: :4zelda::4samus:
Bracket: http://ehgaming.challonge.com/c27s4s

The Construct 27 sm4sh doubles (Offline)
7/12/15
1st/5
Used: :4zelda::4samus: (Partner used: :4ganondorf::4charizard::4falco:)
Bracket:http://ehgaming.challonge.com/c27s4d

Notes: I pulled out Samus once in doubles in the second match of the set between myself/Nightwing and Chrono/SuperMisterJMT because I wasn't about to play Zelda vs. another Zelda again lol. I did, however, have to pull out Samus in grandfinals against Nightwing as he took the first two games against my Zelda quite easily so I won grandfinals because of Samus... I am very sorry Zelda boards.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
So, this is a double post because apparently no one is winning stuff but me in the past 3 weeks. C'mon guys, step it up!:4sonic:

The Construct 28 sm4sh Singles (offline)
7/25/15
7th/33
Used: :4zelda::4samus:
Bracket: http://ehgaming.challonge.com/c28s4s

The Construct 29 sm4sh Doubles (offline)
7/25/15
3rd/9
Used: :4zelda::4samus: (Partner Used: :4ganondorf::4charizard::4falco:)
Bracket: http://ehgaming.challonge.com/c28s4d

Notes: I hate Sonic. That is all.

Edit: That is actually not all. Two of my sets were streamed and I used Zelda for the majority of the time. Will get that up ASAP. Feel free to watch the whole sm4sh stream to watch me commentate with my good friend Nightwing!

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice

Holy. Sh*t. This shirt is amazing. Thank you for dropping this fire.

I wish I could contribute to tournament standings. I live in the Baltimore area, where Smash @ Xanadu is held, but I'm always working on the days where they host streams (Usually Wednesdays :().

I remember people were holding online 3DS tournaments when the game first came out, but I don't think anyone does that anymore :/

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
The Construct 31 Sm4sh Singles (Offline)
9/6/15
5th/45
Bracket: http://ehgaming.challonge.com/c31s4s

Notes: Knocked out of winner's by a Mario. Knocked out of loser's by a Mario. Mario is my nemesis. I beat two Sheik players though so that makes me feel better.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Finally found the bracket for my local. Apparently they changed accounts or something.

Ganon's Gauntlet 37
Smash 4 Singles, Double Elimination
9/3/15
3rd/19
Used :4zelda:

http://ganongauntlet.challonge.com/Ggsmash4

Btw all the matches were entered as 2-0 regardless if it was actually a 2-0.

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Its not much and it was a small local tournament but I got 5th out of 35 people. I used Zelda for every match except 2. One against a Sheik player and one against a ZSS where I switched to Ryu and Jigglypuff. So yeah its not much but its something I guess.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Its not much and it was a small local tournament but I got 5th out of 35 people. I used Zelda for every match except 2. One against a Sheik player and one against a ZSS where I switched to Ryu and Jigglypuff. So yeah its not much but its something I guess.
Those kinds of results at a local tournament are what a lot of the results in this thread are. That's not insignificant at all. Congrats!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Would a tournament like Shockwave be considered "small" with about 50-100 entrants?

And what would a monthly with pools be considered?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Would a tournament like Shockwave be considered "small" with about 50-100 entrants?

Shockwave is about the size of a regional.

I think it would be considered
We need a bracket or it doesn't count

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287

Anything over probably 80 entrants is regional sized. If people are coming from out of state (Like 4-5 state representation all from a similar region) to participate in a tourney of that size, then it should be considered regional.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Oh wow

Now I'm afraid lol

I know I won't stand a chance against the top players there, but it would still be fun to go to a bigger event for once.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Oh wow

Now I'm afraid lol

I know I won't stand a chance against the top players there, but it would still be fun to go to a bigger event for once.
You'll do great

you're a great player

honestly how many people will know the MU

it would help you get ready for big tournaments even if you didn't do well

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow

Now I'm afraid lol

You'll do great

you're a great player

honestly how many people will know the MU

it would help you get ready for big tournaments even if you didn't do well
I completely understand the tournament jitters. That's half the reason why I don't make much of an effort to go. Which is funny, because I actually play in a national touring metal band that plays in front of crowds of hundreds sometimes. But a video game tournament? Social anxiety goes through the f*cking roof.

I just need to man up. :yoshi:

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Your first intent on going to a tournament is to have fun and learn. Winning and doing well shouldn't be your main concern yet unless you're just naturally amazing. If you are, then more power to you ;)

Do as well as you can and play friendlies when you're done. Friendlies are the best part imo.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
http://salemsmashfests.challonge.com/09_19_15_Sm4sh_Singles

First tourney. First time using gamecube controller. Never played against other people without Internet lag before. Still happy with my results being the case, and I lost to the grand finals guy so I'm gonna stick to that as my reason for not being sad.

PS, how do you know what place you got since people are eliminated at the same time? I'm curious to know what place I got. Even though I think it's bottom 50%.

(Apprently I tied with like 9 other people for 25th, if I understand correctly?)

Last edited:

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
http://salemsmashfests.challonge.com/09_19_15_Sm4sh_Singles

First tourney. First time using gamecube controller. Never played against other people without Internet lag before. Still happy with my results being the case, and I lost to the grand finals guy so I'm gonna stick to that as my reason for not being sad.

PS, how do you know what place you got since people are eliminated at the same time? I'm curious to know what place I got. Even though I think it's bottom 50%.

(Apprently I tied with like 9 other people for 25th, if I understand correctly?)
Yeah, the way it works is, since you were technically eliminated at the same time as a bunch of other people, you just tie with them for the spot instead of ranking individually. It's the lazy-man's way of ranking. It also saves a lot of time since round robins take ages to complete.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Yeah, the way it works is, since you were technically eliminated at the same time as a bunch of other people, you just tie with them for the spot instead of ranking individually. It's the lazy-man's way of ranking. It also saves a lot of time since round robins take ages to complete.
Ah, thank you! I understand why. It's a very small venue run by 3 friends. They usually average a handful of people (glancing over previous brackets showed as little as 6 and an average of around 10 previously) but 45 today was insane. People had to sit out back to appease the owner of the location's worries about the fire code restrictions.

Usually they do things Swiss, which I don't understand, but apparently you just take turns and get matched up based on points (2-0 is 3, 2-1 is 2, etc) and just keep switching off. Hopefully I can get that set up next time for more in person practice. Thank you! And great job with your consistent results, typically top 10.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Ah, thank you! I understand why. It's a very small venue run by 3 friends. They usually average a handful of people (glancing over previous brackets showed as little as 6 and an average of around 10 previously) but 45 today was insane. People had to sit out back to appease the owner of the location's worries about the fire code restrictions.

Usually they do things Swiss, which I don't understand, but apparently you just take turns and get matched up based on points (2-0 is 3, 2-1 is 2, etc) and just keep switching off. Hopefully I can get that set up next time for more in person practice. Thank you! And great job with your consistent results, typically top 10.
Yeah, Swiss sounds like Round Robin where everyone faces everyone else and whomever gets the most wins is #1. Ties are determined by head-to-heads. A good friend of mine works at seeding and running our tourneys so I picked some stuff up from him.

And thanks a lot for the compliment. It means a lot right now.

Top Bottom