• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Windwaker fans REJOICE! Official Great Sea discussion thread

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
I love the tornado that randomly appears and shoots you above the clouds just to let you fall down somewhere different in the ocean. Thats my favorite thing about the stage

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
About time they put in a Wind Waker stage- I loved that game.

I'll probably be playing on this stage a lot. There doesn't seem to be anything that I don't like about it.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
One of my favorite stages already :) They did the stage very well, down to every detail such as the weightlessness of when the ship falls after being sucked into the typhoon.

HenshinHero

Smash Apprentice
Wind Waker was an amazing game, and this stage looks like it could easily be my favorite. I love the part of the stage where the boat is caught in the storm.

Everything just looks so nice, not to mention the explosion effects are awesome lol

WeltallZero

Smash Cadet
I have five songs unlocked for this stage:
Dragon Roost (same as Wind Waker version)
Sailing Theme (same as Wind Waker version)
Song of Storms (arraged from the OoT/MM song, then goes into Aghanim's/Ganon's theme from aLttP, then one teleport theme from OOT).
Gerudo Valley (I think it's arranged from OoT, but sounds pretty mucho the same, i.e. awesome).
Molgera Battle (same as Wind Waker version: too simple and repetitive for a Smash Stage, definitely the weaker of the bunch).

Anything you want to know about the stage, just ask.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
So what's your overall impression of the stage? Is it fun, impressive, enjoyable to play on multiple times, ect.?

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
This stage is awesome, especially when Cyclonus(sp) traps you in one of his typhoons and sends the pirate ship flying into the heavens momentarily and then it crashes abruptly back down into the water. It's a pretty busy stage with alot of events going on in it.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
This stage is awesome, especially when Cyclonus(sp) traps you in one of his typhoons and sends the pirate ship flying into the heavens momentarily and then it crashes abruptly back down into the water. It's a pretty busy stage with alot of events going on in it.
Yes, but like Space Armada, most things don't really make the stage very different (granted, the stage changes more than Space Armada, but still).

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Molgera Battle (same as Wind Waker version: too simple and repetitive for a Smash Stage, definitely the weaker of the bunch).
I'm a sucker for unfitting music, so I'll love it anyway :lick:
Except for the Tetris type B track. I wish it was buried in New Mexico.

graceofbass

Smash Cadet
This is a neat stage to play in. The catapult is a neat addition, and while you can swim in the ocean for a couple seconds, you'll sink if you stay in too long. Easy to recover from, though. I also like the tornado that comes and picks you up, spins you around (it doesn't affect gameplay) and then sets you back to the "beginning" of the stage.

Desert Eagle: I thought her ship looked a little bigger in the game too, but oh well.

graceofbass

Smash Cadet
It's a really fun stage to play in. You'll have to be careful with the water though, you only tread for a couple seconds and then you sink. Pretty easy to recover from, though. And I agree as well that it should have been a tad bigger.

David1010321

Smash Rookie
horray, windwalker even thou personally i only had time to play half the game on the cube i liked the cell shading graphics thou and it was pretty good eye candy.

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
This stage. The backgrounds, effects, are all awesome. I will battle on this stage a lot. Even though I don't like Toon Link that much. :p

=S-A=

Top Bottom