• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winds of Fate: Golden Sunrise

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, now, get off my back.

Up Your Arsenal has been on me like a rash lately, and in a couple of weeks Resident Evil 4 will be crawling all over my backside.

Right now I'm in awe at the mystical movie that is 'The Butterfly Effect.'

I didn't fully understand what it was like to have a movie kick my @$$ until last night...I liked it.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's the start of the next Chapter, though I wonder if anyone's even reading this anymore. Sorry I've been slacking off lately in my writing.

I don't really think this scene is very well written, anyway, but here ya go.

The Destinia Saga...

Winds of Fate: Golden Sunrise

Chapter 9- Hope Enough

"No, I'm fine, really."

"Are you sure? You still seem shaken. Maybe we should take another break so--"

"I'm all right! Seriously."

"Jen, are you crazy? You lost a lot of blood! You were bitten in the jugular vein..."

"Y-yea, b-but you saved me. I don't have anything to worry about with you around, right?"

Jenna's gleeful and bluntly confident remark elicited an expression of doubt from Eddy's face, though she was too busy squinting merrily to notice.

"Jenna..." Eddy mumbled, wiping a couple of drops of sweat from his forehead, his face ridden with contrite thoughts.

"Hm?" the auburn-haired young woman hummed curiously, oblivious to Eddy's worry. Upon glancing at his head, slightly bobbed, and his eyes, dulled by trouble, she swerved a couple more inches toward him, eager to understand his plight and express her concern.

Bearing a nervous heart plagued by the fear of impending danger within his chest, Eddy snatched Jenna's hand within his own and squeezed in desperation, rubbing the girl's wrist affectionately. Jenna couldn't tell exactly what it was he was trying to tell her through this action alone, but she was afraid to ask. She was afraid to see his fear. He wasn't supposed to be afraid! He was supposed to be brimming with courage, strapping, and gung-ho to save the day. That's how he was before, wasn't he? Right?

("He was a nervous mess,") she remembered Mia telling her on their way to the feast the other day. She was trying to tell Jenna what hints she had picked up on Eddy's feelings, assuring her that the boy cared for her as much he did. ("There was this one night...It was about a week before we met up with you and Felix...He was just a wreck, the poor thing. I talked with him, and he told me about how worried he was about you. He wasn't sure if you were still being held captive, or if you were hurt, or dead, or...His eyes were ready to burst. I felt so horrible...I didn't know how to help him.")

Jenna could feel an icy flood of guilt sweep over her, drowning the warmth of Eddy's hand. She stole a glance at his dulled eyes. Their shining centers, normally a bright blue, resembled a cloudy sky with a storm rolling in.

(Maybe it was a bad idea to come,) Jenna admitted, plagued by regret. (If Eddy is as worried about me as I am him, then...What if HE was the one who had gotten hurt back at that bar? I don't think I'd be able to bear seeing him in so much pain...)

(****it, look what I've done,) Eddy growled at himself, avoiding her gaze. (I've dragged her into this horrible mess. The Wise One told me to go alone, but she followed me...I should've told her to go back...But I didn't. Why? What if I hadn't been able to help her earlier today? What if...I can't protect her later on?)

The two seemed to disconnect from each other, both by their own will. Jenna wrapped her arms around herself, as if chilled by the wind that blew in, and Eddy sighed a long, melancholy sigh of confusion.

"Why are you two sad?" questioned the adorable little rabbit that trailed behind them.

Eddy and Jenna exchanged embarrassed glances drowning in guilt, and Eddy turned his head to the seemingly naive girl with brown eyes and smiled weakly.

"Back at Miss Rabbot's place, some bad people tried to take you away."

Cream nodded, and fear crept into every nook of her face.

"Jenna and I helped make those nasty people leave you alone," Eddy explained. His glance migrated to Jenna. "But Jenna got hurt because I didn't help her..." Eddy's sapphire eyes burned into Jenna's gems of reddish-brown, both sets of jewels glimmering with pain.

"It was my own fault," Jenna corrected, aiming her comments to Cream, while her eyes kept jumping to Eddy's. "I'm not supposed to be following him. Eddy has to protect you, not me. If I hadn't come--"

"I let Jenna come with us, so it's my responsibility if she gets hurt," Eddy cut in. "Wait..." He stared at Jenna and began to murmur, perplexed. "How do you know that I wasn't supposed...--"

"I figured it out," Jenna muttered. "You have a job to do--one for you alone, right? Maybe the Wise One wants you to prove yourself," she muttered apathetically. "I don't know. I just know that I'm only getting in your way like this."

Eddy sighed and ran his hand through his disheveled hair in frustration.

"You didn't know before, Jen," he reminded her, "but I did, and I still disobeyed the Wise One." Though Jenna had concluded that she wasn't meant to follow him, Eddy wasn't ready to inform her as to the REAL reason why she wasn't.

"Ohhh," Jenna moaned, rolling her eyes. "I don't care about the Wise One or this 'test' he's sent you on. I just want you safe at home with me." She crossed her arms over her chest in defiance as she continued her journey at his side.

"...Jen, I--...Gah." Eddy rubbed his neck contritely, unsure as to whether to spill more truth out and worry the girl even further. Before Jen could press him to finish what he had started, the two were surprised by the action Cream put into motion. The young girl had snuck in-between the two and grabbed their arms by the wrists. Quick as a flash, she slapped the hands together and watched them clasp together as if by instinct.

Confused and surprised, Jenna and Eddy stared down at the tiny Mobian girl as she pressed their fingers tighter into each other. Cream smiled warmly as she watched the two soft hands embrace one another like old friends. A giggle escaped from her mouth, though she attempted to suppress it with her palms.

"Don't be sad," Cream's sweet voice insisted in a plea, her eyes bubbling with a child-like glow. "You two still have each other. What more could you want? I have my mom, and that makes me happy enough."

The two Weyward teenagers blushed as the girl's input pierced their foolish chatter like a flash fire in a forest. The melodramatic couple gave one another weak grins.

"You're right, Cream," Eddy chuckled.

"Yea," Jenna quietly added. "Looks like we're stuck together, so we'd better get used to it," she concluded with a sly warmth.

Ifalna, leading the way through the grafittied city, felt her heart swell with pride toward her little daughter. If she could get Cream out of this hell of a life, she would be satisfied with her own. For now, she had to find the temple Eddy was searching for, for all their sake.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Great update. It had been MONTHS since I had seen an update here.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah, crap. How could I have deleted that entire thing...? RRRgggg...

Well, I WOULD have two scenes to post up, but, SOMEHOW, I deleted one of them...So, I'll to re-write that one.

Anyway, here's on scene, at any rate.

A maple leaf swirled through the air as the wind dropped it softly onto the trickling river below. The slowly flowing water scooped up the leaf just as the air had and sent it along on its way down a road of liquid.

"Oh, come on, Sheba," Ivan mumbled, nudging her with his fingers. "We can go find some place nice and quiet...I don't know, down in the meadows, or something...Get a break from everything...every-ONE. Just us..."

Sheba's light green eyes sparkled, and her cheeks grew warm. She giggled and bobbed her head, then pulled it back up.

"Ivan," she scolded, shoving him back with her own hand, though harder than he had. Ivan chuckled, having accomplished his goal.

"I'm serious, though," he added, trying to sound more solemn and genuine. "We haven't been able to spend more than a few minutes together...ALONE. I'm tired of--"

"Guys!!"

Ivan's expression dulled, transforming into a thundercloud.

(That was Garet, wasn't it?) he asked Sheba through telepathy.

Sheba wore a similar tone on her face, realizing exactly what Ivan meant, and she nodded drearily. The two never seemed to have a single moment when they could have some intimate privacy without the risk of it being shattered. Though they clearly had built a strong emotional and mental connection, they had little opportunity to exercise a physical one. Something like a kiss on the cheek seemed like an unsurpassable milestone to achieve without someone else seeing it. Ivan and Sheba were so used to having mental privacy that dealing with the lack of physical privacy was frustrating.

A healthy romance, they believed, needed to have a balance of mental, emotional, and physical love. After all, one is driven by instinct to find a mate in order to have children--that's what nature intended, they figured.

"Guys," Garet panted out, having reached the two hormone-driven Jupiter Adepts. "Have you seen Mia? You know where she is?"

Ivan sighed bitterly, rolled his rash eyes and answered nonchalantly, "Sorry, Garet, we haven't seen her around." His expression was unnoticed, his back still facing the river below. A short pause blew washed over them like the sloshing river below.

"You sure?" he checked. "I looked all over town, and nobody knows where she went to. It's not like her to run off, ya know?" He let a worried groan spill from his mouth as he thoughtfully scratched his chin, glancing about for an idea.

"If we see her, we'll let her know you were looking for her," Sheba offered simply, not seeming to be quite as jarred about the interruption as Ivan was.

"Thanks, guys," the surly boy muttered, jogging off down the river to locate his lost girlfriend.

Ivan sucked in a deep breath and sighed again, attempting to let the irritation pass.

"Do you think Mia's all right?" Sheba wondered. "Why would she disappear?"

"I don't know," Ivan grumbled. "I'm sure she's fine; she can take care of herself."

A hushed moment of unspoken agreement sedated the conversation, until someone pounced in.

"Mia," the familiar and peaceful voice of Piers began, "has gone off to spend some time with herself."

"Why?" Sheba wondered.

Piers simply answered with a smile, "She wants to get to know herself better."

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, here's the rest of the Chapter, assuming that anyone is paying attention...

“…Are you sure?” Jenna muttered suspiciously, her tone plagued with doubt.

“Yes,” Ifalna replied from behind them. “I’m very sure—it’s down there. That’s where we have to go.”

Jenna grimaced, and turned to Eddy, whimpering loud enough for only him to hear. He sighed and peeked his head into the hole in the street he had just opened up. He shrugged calmly, and turned to her with an expectant glance. She groaned and peered into the manhole, groaning in disgust. She couldn’t see a thing, but she sure could SMELL things.

With a few hacking coughs, she covered her mouth in agony and pulled her face away, squinting in disgust.

“Do we REALLY have to go down there?” she moaned, staring at Eddy hopefully. She received no mercy, and his stern expression reminded her that SHE was the one who had chosen to follow him here. “All right, OK,” she muttered sullenly, giving in.

Cream had snuck over and poked her curious head directly over the hole. She sniffed a few times and mumbled, “Smells yucky,” before Eddy quickly grabbed her and set her aside. She had almost fallen in, which would have proved disastrous. Mm, mm—stagnant sewage that’s been sitting in rank tunnels for years…yummy.

“Gotta be careful,” Eddy reminded Cream. “You almost fell in there.”

Cream’s cheeks flushed pink and she nodded. That hadn’t been entirely intelligent, had it? “Sorry…”

“It’s all right,” Eddy mumbled as he stood up straight. “Just be careful,” he insisted, giving her a warm pat on the head. Turning to Ifalna, he informed her of his plans, his tone more businesslike then it had been seconds before. “I’m gonna go down there and check it out—make sure it’s safe. Once that’s done, you’re gonna have to guide us around.”

Ifalna gave him a quick bob of the head and pointed out, “It shouldn’t be very far from here…”

Eddy chuckled and replied, “Let’s hope not,” before leaping down into the manhole. Jenna’s eyes stayed glued to the depths as she watched his body fall down, quickly enveloped by darkness. The sound of his boots slapping concrete was heard a second or so after he had jumped.

After blindly stumbling about for a few seconds, Eddy glanced up to see a circle of light with the familiar silhouette of Jenna’s head up above. Her sweet, shaky voice bounced across the cold, moist walls of the sewer, tossing a chill his way.

“Are you all right?”

“I’m fine,” he called back with a chuckle. “I can’t see a ****ed thing, but I’m fine.”

He could see the cringe on her face by her whimper alone. It was a disgusted, contrite whine, but she knew what had to be done. Without her flame abilities, they wouldn’t be able to make left from right in the smelly depths.

“OK, I’m coming,” she groaned. With a huff, she let herself fall feet first into the abyss. Bracing herself for the impact of the ground, she was startled by the fact that it never came. She had been placed on the ground softly and with tender care, and she knew that Eddy has used his powers to ease her fall.

“Your turn,” Eddy said, barely able to see her grateful smile. Jenna held out her left arm, and a tongue of flame sprouted from her palm. Within an instant, it had exploded into a bright orb the size of a softball, illuminating the grotesque sewage tunnel before them. The dim golden glow that was cast upon the wet floor revealed a thick coat of slime, the fungi growing from the walls, and the stagnant ‘stream’ to their left. Slapping her hand to her face and pinching her nose, Jenna’s body shuddered at the foul stench.

“I liked it better when it was dark,” she winced. “This is totally disgusting…”

Eddy was too busy lowering the two rabbit women to pay heed to her complaint, and Jenna knew that if he had, he’d only scold her for whining and remind her that she could have stayed at home.

After Ifalna pointed ahead and gave Eddy directions, Jenna felt a bit foolish for her griping, as she noticed that even Cream endured the atmosphere without so much as a groan. She was clearly dissatisfied, her nose wrinkled and her eyes squinting, but she said not a word in protest.

Jenna’s self-realization was cast aside as her hips tingled, a gloved hand calmly slipping itself around them. She could feel her insides bubble as she gave him a flushed grin and snuck her right arm around him, squeezing his lower tummy affectionately. This maneuver was getting easier to pull off every time. The repugnant setting was about as charming as dog vomit—Jenna was sure there was plenty of that down here, too—but it was a lot better than being at home, she figured.

The bubbling brook trickled along at a leisurely pace, and, to Mia’s relief, it was the only sound she could hear. Sprawled out in the short grasses beside the rivulet, the girl was deep in thought, sifting through matters of varying importance. Guilt was pounding upon her heart like a smithy’s hammer, trying to forge that heart into something it wasn’t.

Mr. Zion had every reason to be upset with her. It wasn’t her right to treat his house as her own—not her right at all. Even IF she had helped save their lives, it was their HOME, and it wasn’t right for her to take that from them. If she did, what was the point in saving it to begin with?

“…I need a home…”

Mia’s mind kept smacking her with that notion, again, and again, until she believed it to be a solid fact. When this problem wasn’t bugging her, there were her doubts concerning Garet. Garet was a nice, strong, reliable guy, but, on the other hand, he was pretty block-headed and didn’t have the sensitivity she was looking for. Mia needed someone with EMOTION. Eddy, Ivan, Piers, even Felix…They were all more sensitive than Garet was. Piers was too old for her, she reminded herself. Then again…did it matter how old he was? She wasn’t sure if Piers was even interested in her, anyway. It was best that she didn’t jeopardize their friendship, she concluded. Felix…wasn’t her type. And lately, he’d been pretty moody. Ivan...Dear, sweet Ivan. He understood her, if anyone did. She could always depend on him. If only she’d taken him sooner...But, no, he was happy with Sheba. They were such an adorable couple. And Eddy…How she regretted the way that relationship had gone. She had lost her chance long ago when she’d declined his request to take Garet’s hand. A smart choice THAT had proven to be…

But she couldn’t be so selfish. Because she had rejected him, he realized his feelings for Jenna within. Rejected…Has she really been that harsh on him? No, no, she had been much nicer about it.

“I…I-I don’t know what to say…”

“You could say ‘yes’ or ‘no’…”

“…Eddy…”

“…Um…”

Just the look on his face crushed her heart. His eyes glazed, his mouth trembling, struggling not to curve downward, and his reddened face. Those storm-cloud eyes…it was almost as if they were raining.

“Eddy, I…--” She was paralyzed by his expression alone, but she couldn’t say yes—she’d already accepted Garet’s hand.

“Sorry,” Eddy murmured meekly, letting the rose he had crafted from sand fall apart and drift to the ground. “I’m a real idiot, just asking you like this,” he realized, regret oozing out from every motion he made. “Never mind, I shouldn’t have—”

“…N…No,” Mia managed to mumble as he had started. “Eddy, you’re very nice, and…I truly appreciate that you’ve become someone I can depend on, but…you see…Garet and I…we…--”

He’d done a good job at hiding his shattered heart, but Mia knew better. What could she have done? It was his destiny to have his heart rebuilt by Jenna. Nonetheless, she worried that she could have done things differently. After that horrible conversation, Mia and Eddy had barely said a word to one another for quite some while. Even at that very moment, Mia wondered what he thought of her.

If only he was still around, she could ask him.

Now that she thought about it, she should be talking to Ivan—he’d know exactly what to say to make her feel better. He always did.

(You, Mercury Spirit…You must gather your allies, for this world is not yet safe.)

Hm? What? That wasn’t Ivan...Not at all. But, it still sounded familiar. Very distant, too.

(Be strong. They look to you for hope.)

Who was this? It was vexing her to no end. Whoever it was, they sounded serious.

(It is I, the Wise One. At sunset this evening, bring your allies to this very place. There are still matters that must be dealt with concerning the welfare of this world.)

What? What was He babbling about?

(Weyward is still in danger. That is all you must know for now. Bring your companions here at sunset, and all shall be explained. Say farewell to your people, for tonight, you must depart.)

Depart? Where would she be departing to?

(At sunset! If you still care for this world, come prepared.)

…He could certainly be pushy, couldn’t he? What did all of this prattle entail? She would have to find out at sunset, obviously. Somehow, she’d have to convince her friends to come. Something about the voice that had interrupted her thoughts seemed very dire.

Normally, Mia might not be so intent on listening to strange voices in her head. Considering that this voice frightened her, to an extent, and that she would love to leave New Vale, she decided it would be wise to listen to Him, if only so she wasn’t dealing with the townsfolk, worried about whether or not she was a burden to them.

She quickly sat up, eager to ask Ivan and Sheba about this matter, among other things. She suddenly became disoriented, her head spinning a bit, and she realized that she’d gotten up too fast. After a moment or two of holding her head in a daze, the dizziness passed away, and she clambered to her feet, dusting herself off.

Giving the little creek one last glance, Mia traced her steps back to New Vale, memorizing her path for later.

A half hour of underground hiking had passed by, the putrid stenches and sickly sights commonplace throughout the trek. Deeper and deeper they had descended into the sewer systems, and, at last, had come upon something that one would never expect to see within sewage chambers: a temple. Well, it was more like a small shrine of sorts. Whatever it was, it wasn’t something that belonged in a sewer, that was for sure.

Jenna was perplexed by the sight, but, then again, it made sense to her—why ELSE would they go into a sewer? Eddy, however, had already known about this, and was amused.

Ifalna had sighed a breath of relief as soon as she had caught sight of the tiny stone structure, for she understood precisely what it was for her: a means to reach safety.

“Thank the Emeralds,” she murmured with profound gratitude. With glazed eyes, she grabbed Eddy’s head and pressed it into her, embracing him with the thanks of someone who has been granted life. “Thank YOU,” she added in a gasp, dripping some tears onto his shoulder.

“It was no trouble,” Eddy insisted, blushing wildly. Jenna beamed at his modesty, then turned her gaze to Cream, who was slowly walking up the tattered steps. The worn walkway went up about two stories, then flattened out to form the a round platform at the top.

Jenna followed the young girl and grabbed her hand to help lead her on, ensuring that she didn’t trip. Cream accepted the gesture with a warm smile, and waddled in to Jenna’s side, leaning her head on the girl’s hip.

“Thank you, Miss Jenna,” she piped, her voice as sweet as a strawberry. “I hope you and Mr. Eddy get home safe.”

“…Me, too, Cream,” Jenna murmured, doubt seeping into her mind. If only she understood what it was that Eddy was supposed to be doing, she could make some kind of guess as to the likelihood of that happening.

“You have to make sure you take care of Mr. Eddy,” Cream reminded her with a charming virtue.

Jenna smiled half-heartedly, wondering if she was capable of doing that herself. “…I know,” she replied. “And you have to take care of your mom.”

Cream seemed a bit confused by the remark, and Jenna clarified a bit as they slowed at the top.

“Your mom loves you very much, and she doesn’t want to see you get hurt. You have to make sure you stay out of trouble and help your mom when she’s feeling sad.”

Cream pondered the concept and nodded slowly, her eyes bubbling as they processed it. With a pensive smile, she agreed, comprehending what Jenna was telling her.

“Are you ready, Cream?” Ifalna checked as she walked ahead of them to the center of the flat slab of stone. Upon inspection, Jenna noticed that the platform they stood upon had intricate runes etched into its surface. A ring of ancient letters wrapped around the edge, while complex circles, triangles, and lines interwove in the center. At the heart of the platform, there was a circle with a star inscribed within. A small triangle was carved into the very middle of the star.

Cream responded to her mother’s call with a quick nod and skipped across the old, gray stones to her side. Ifalna laughed a light, warm laugh before speaking with her daughter. “I still have to help these two,” she nodded to the two humans present, “so you go back and stand with Jenna on the stairs, OK?”

Cream gave her an exasperated sigh, giggled in spite of herself, and flew back to Jenna, her little legs pumping like pistons. The two stood on the last stair and waited for Ifalna to carry out whatever it was she intended to. The Mobian woman stood on the left side of the circle, and instructed Eddy to stand on the right.

“Take it out now,” Ifalna told him peacefully.

Eddy fumbled blindly in his tunic before pulling out small, leather satchel. He pulled out a mysterious white marble, about an inch in diameter.

“Perfect,” Ifalna said softly, her kind face beaming. “Do you remember how I showed you?” she murmured, receiving a quick nod. Obviously, they had gone over this situation earlier, and Jen figured it was before she has shown up.

Both figures stretched out their left arms across the circle until they touched, connecting both edges. Eddy carefully opened his palm up, revealing the mystic marble within. Jenna stared at it in wonder, amazed at how it seemed to be mists of energy slowly weaving about with a glass casing. Ifalna gently placed her palm over his, enclosing the odd jewel. They both pressed against one another’s hands and they shifted their arms a bit. With their palms facing each other, they held the gem in place between them.

“You know what to do, don’t you?” Ifalna calmly asked in her motherly tone. Eddy grinned casually, his eyes closed. As both of them stood like statues in their positions, eyes shut tight, Jenna and Cream were spectators, witnessing the process from outside. What appeared to be bolts of multi-colored electricity bounced from one to the other, each one passing through their hands. They skittered haphazardly across the two bodies, jolting from side to side.

At first, Jenna was startled, but when she realized that it didn’t seem to pose any threat to either one, she simply watched in amazement, unable to determine what was going on.

Each of the two was experiencing a thrilling barrage of images being transmitted from the opposite side. Ifalna saw majestic plains and mountains of Weyward, each image flashing through her mind in an instant—long enough to appreciate each one. Eddy’s brain was pumped with faces, buildings, and more faces, a colorful array of animals blasting through his mind.

A minute passed, and two lifetimes of images were exchanged. When it was all over, the two hands forcefully disconnected, and Eddy pulled the gem he had held to his eyes to inspect it. It glowed brilliantly, flashing every color imaginable, and he smiled with satisfaction. One down, two to go.

There were a few moments of relative silence, the only sound heard that of droplets of water falling to slimy stones. “…What just happened?” Jenna murmured in awe, breaking the mellow tranquility.

“A connection,” Eddy simply replied, carefully dropping the sparkling orb into his satchel. What on Weyward was it? Jenna had no idea, but she’d bother him about it later. He proceeded to retrieve another arcane stone from his tiny bag, this one a shimmering silver. Stuffing the bag back into his tunic, he flicked the lustrous ball into the air with his thumb, then swiped it with his opposite hand.

“Well,” he started, his attitude very melodious. “Guess we’ll be seeing you around,” he said to Ifalna with a glowing grin. “Good luck to you.”

“I hope all goes well for you, too,” Ifalna wished, bowing to him. Her ears flopped over her head as she lowered it as a sign of respect. She called to her daughter by sticking out her hand, and Cream eagerly flew over, flapping her ears to drift inches above the ground. As they stood in the center of the symbols, Eddy walked over to Jenna, who immediately wanted to get a closer look at the bizarre stones he possessed.

“What is it?” she demanded, pawing the silvery orb like a naïve little girl, amazement bulging from her glazed brown eyes.

“It’s called a Materia,” Eddy explained, snickering at her bemused expression. “They’re really strong. This thing is gonna get us outta here.”

Bewildered, Jenna demanded with blunt curiosity, “How?”

Eddy turned around and pointed to the empty space that had previously been occupied by two rabbits. There was nothing there, aside from the stagnant sewer air. It was as if they had never been there.

“The same way they did,” he answered with a grin. “Now, c’mon. We’ve still got two more planets to hop to.”

“Wh-what?” Jenna’s baffled expression was ignored as Eddy eased her to the circle. Quivering with doubt, she cried out, “Are you sure this is safe?”

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
*points to Chaos Angels update*

Sheesh, you can't use your old excuse this time, MM2002. I think there's a decent chunk to say here.

Maybe you're just lazy, hm? :laugh:

But at least you reply. The next step is to reply and, perhaps, give me an opinion about what you liked or disliked in particular...:p

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I was in Taiwan so I was in a rush. Since I'm back I have jet lag so all I have to say is my favorite part is when they went down into the sewer. The description helps me picture it perfectly and I don't think there's a part I dislike.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Farewell

Golden Sunrise was an interesting concept that was more directly tied with A Thousand Needles than any of the other stories (though they all, of course, are intertwined). I only got through the first section of it, but essentially, Isaac had been tasked by the figures in the prologue to establish special “connections” between Weyward and their worlds. What this would do would enable those worlds to share their energy with Weyward and thus get the planets Lifestream back on track so it could sustain itself once again, not to mention help it avoid its collision with Derris-Kharlan.. To do this, Isaac had to journey to three worlds: Stellon, Mobius, and Hylia, and use the help of a “Diplomat Sage” from each world to form the connections necessary. The Diplomat Sage he found on Mobius was Ifalna, Cream’s mother. Malon was to be the Sage of Hylia, and Toad the sage of Stellon, but I didn’t get that far.

The reason why I called Isaac Eddy started off more as an aesthetic – I was so used to him sharing my name – but eventually kind of melded into some weird 4th barrier stuff where I took part of my own self and integrated it into what is essentially a very undeveloped character.
The other Golden Sun characters, who also have scenes in A Thousand Needles, have also been tasked with a different quest, that being to help save a mysterious girl named Kagome who has been captured. But that’s more related to A Thousand Needles than anything.
Golden Sunrise was meant to end with Isaac and Jenna ending up on a planet where the Winds of Fate all culminate and conclude – a desert on the planet Gaia, my own kind of amalgamation of Final Fantasy aspects to create a unique Final Fantasy world all its own. But that’s another story in and of itself, too.

Creating the environment in the Mobian bar was fun, though the scene served a dual purpose – to help establish where Isaac and Jenna were and Isaac’s desire to protect people (as a Guardian, which ties into the name Edward since it means “Guardian”) but also, as a more general goal, to delve into some details concerning my interpretation of Mobius, specifically, the state of civil war it was entering, the political turmoil going on, etc., which actually manifested itself in one of the most important events across the entire Destinia Saga: the destruction of Station Square, the event that kind of sets the Winds of Fate into motion.

Long story short, Isaac and Jenna would both develop a bit and learn to trust each other more, accomplish the goal they undertook, and thus protect Weyward from destruction. They’d end up joining the army of heroes that wound up congealing as a result of all of these events.

Thanks for anyone who took some time to read this. Sorry for my immaturity/attitude back when I was still writing this stuff. And I'm sorry I never got to finish what I started.

And that, as they say, is that.

~ D3stiny_Sm4sher
aka Eddy Fettig
Reviews Editor of Zentendo.com

Top Bottom