• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wind Shining - Uses of Fox's Down Special "Big Reflector" *VID ADDED*

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
So, I've been messing with Fox's custom specials, and I noticed Down Special 2 (Big Reflector) has a wind box pushing out on it, and it's decent size. What this means is that characters with Linear recoveries, especially vertical (Falcon, Mega Man, Mac, etc) can be pushed out by the shine as they are recovering. I've managed to use this to gimp Shulk, Falcon, Mega Man, and a couple others at decently low percent. It's not as effective as a shine spike from Melee/Brawl, but it has its uses. Will update with a video when I can.

EDIT: Video! http://youtu.be/DQnJjummKTM

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Is this the shine that doesnt have stalling? If so, its already less useful

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
No, the amplifying reflector is the one that cannot halt aerial vertical momentum.
Nice! Ill have to do some testing. May make a video to display this.

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Depends on the opponent. You trade with it if someone is up bing, but with some characters like Mac and Shulk, it's well worth the trade.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I can see this being very effective against characters like Little Mac especially. Good find, a good choice to use for a custom special against these characters since the default one will probably be mostly useless against them.

Gunslinger

Smash Apprentice
This looks sick. I've fought against a really good Little Mac online and it was extremely rough, an added edgegaurd tool against him would be helpful in tournament. Does the bigger shine also make it easier to reflect projectiles?

AsymptoteG

Smash Rookie
The problem with the custom moves is that you can't use them online against strangers, only friends. So this really only applies in very few situations.

Mac2492

Smash Apprentice
The windbox seems to be aimed in the direction Fox is facing. If the enemy is behind you it'll pull them towards you instead.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I can see this being very effective against characters like Little Mac especially. Good find, a good choice to use for a custom special against these characters since the default one will probably be mostly useless against them.
You are implying that you need to interfere with Mac's recovery.

Top Bottom