• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wimmifi: The Overall Offers

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
For the folks that still play basic brawl you should add this website to your computer or phone:

https://wiimmfi.de/game/smashbrosxwii

The reason why you need it is to save yourself some time when waiting for someone to play. All the page basically tells you is what consoles are connected to the servers and what is the person currently doing. Therefore, it's beneficial to you. When looking at the graph the only 2 columns you only need to work about is the last 2 columns on the right. The last column tells who's in the basic brawl/team battle room, and the column before that tells you what game disc is being played (there's 3 from what I counted, US, Japan's, and some other country I don't know). If you're still interested in learning more about the graph you can look in the host column to tell who's hosting (there's an easier way to tell honestly though by gameplay). 2 means that you're the host of the room, 1 means that you're in a room with someone, and 0 means that you're still searching for a room. That's all I know since I have more to discover at the moment.

If you happen to find someone by using their website write down their friend code. You might catch them again. Also, you'll have a list of people that still play basic brawl. I found 11 people within the past 4 days that has tried looking for people. At the moment, that's the source for telling who's better than you, who's equal to you, who uses items, who taunts a lot, who uses hacks, so on and so forth. It's important for the time being.
So say that no one is doing basic brawl. You only have 2 options, sit and wait for someone to show, or try again at a different time. Honesty, you're better off coming at a different time. Waiting can take anywhere from minutes to hours, and you don't want to find out that you're the only one trying to do basic at the time.
So you have all this information, but keep this in mind:

- Not many people know about Wimmifi, period. Most people didn't hear about the server. So most people were ready to move on to the newer systems once Nintendo decided to shut down their servers for the Wii. So you're not going to see many online at all. The average number of people that is on the server at once is anywhere between 9 and 12. The highest I've seen is 27 at once, but that's coming from both the North America and Japan regions. Still, that's not many
- You'll frequently be paired up someone who's afk. You can't blame them. They're just like you, waiting for someone. The wait is so long these days. You decide what to do in the situation, but be prepared to be with some afks.
- Not many is going to do basic brawl. Please understand that the game is currently in the revival process. Therefore, if you truly want to play with somebody you have to ask someone for their friend code and go from there. Honestly, I would recommend getting a laptop and using the Dolphin Emulator. Netplay is getting popular by the day. Also, join a group that plays brawl. There's not many out there, but if you do find one stick to it and invite others in.

Oh, fun fact: if you actually take the time to look at the entire wimmifi page you'll see that there's a lot of games that are listed on the page itself meaning that you can play something online. So far, Mario Kart has been the most popular game being played on the wimmifi server, numbers being anywhere from 50 to 225.

I'll try and answer as many questions as possible, but truth be told, I'm still figuring this stuff out, and I really don't know much at all: I'm just passing the knowledge down. Hopefully someone can put the page to good use.

sijon

Smash Ace
For the folks that still play basic brawl you should add this website to your computer or phone:

https://wiimmfi.de/game/smashbrosxwii

The reason why you need it is to save yourself some time when waiting for someone to play. All the page basically tells you is what consoles are connected to the servers and what is the person currently doing. Therefore, it's beneficial to you. When looking at the graph the only 2 columns you only need to work about is the last 2 columns on the right. The last column tells who's in the basic brawl/team battle room, and the column before that tells you what game disc is being played (there's 3 from what I counted, US, Japan's, and some other country I don't know). If you're still interested in learning more about the graph you can look in the host column to tell who's hosting (there's an easier way to tell honestly though by gameplay). 2 means that you're the host of the room, 1 means that you're in a room with someone, and 0 means that you're still searching for a room. That's all I know since I have more to discover at the moment.

If you happen to find someone by using their website write down their friend code. You might catch them again. Also, you'll have a list of people that still play basic brawl. I found 11 people within the past 4 days that has tried looking for people. At the moment, that's the source for telling who's better than you, who's equal to you, who uses items, who taunts a lot, who uses hacks, so on and so forth. It's important for the time being.
So say that no one is doing basic brawl. You only have 2 options, sit and wait for someone to show, or try again at a different time. Honesty, you're better off coming at a different time. Waiting can take anywhere from minutes to hours, and you don't want to find out that you're the only one trying to do basic at the time.
So you have all this information, but keep this in mind:

- Not many people know about Wimmifi, period. Most people didn't hear about the server. So most people were ready to move on to the newer systems once Nintendo decided to shut down their servers for the Wii. So you're not going to see many online at all. The average number of people that is on the server at once is anywhere between 9 and 12. The highest I've seen is 27 at once, but that's coming from both the North America and Japan regions. Still, that's not many
- You'll frequently be paired up someone who's afk. You can't blame them. They're just like you, waiting for someone. The wait is so long these days. You decide what to do in the situation, but be prepared to be with some afks.
- Not many is going to do basic brawl. Please understand that the game is currently in the revival process. Therefore, if you truly want to play with somebody you have to ask someone for their friend code and go from there. Honestly, I would recommend getting a laptop and using the Dolphin Emulator. Netplay is getting popular by the day. Also, join a group that plays brawl. There's not many out there, but if you do find one stick to it and invite others in.

Oh, fun fact: if you actually take the time to look at the entire wimmifi page you'll see that there's a lot of games that are listed on the page itself meaning that you can play something online. So far, Mario Kart has been the most popular game being played on the wimmifi server, numbers being anywhere from 50 to 225.

I'll try and answer as many questions as possible, but truth be told, I'm still figuring this stuff out, and I really don't know much at all: I'm just passing the knowledge down. Hopefully someone can put the page to good use.
Wow, seems pretty useful, thanks for sharing this man. It would be nice if you could somehow find a way to contact the online players, a new feature in the future perhaps?

Last edited:

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Lol probably too late now, but blue Link/marth player I played 2 yrs ago those were some ggs even tho it was 2min matches.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
I am really starting to hate Mario Kart now. That game doesn't deserve the attention it gets, and it's frustrating seeing it practically eclipsing Smash.

Top Bottom