• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you be disappointed if....

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Would you be disappointed if.....

Your returning home from your quest to gamestop. You get in the door, pull off the shoes, hang up the jacket, run to the TV, rip the plastic off the box, take of the stickers, fire up the wii, start up the game , play classic mode and DO NOT see the words "New Challenger Approaching : Jigglypuff!"

I know I would.
Jiggly is a tradition for first unlockable.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I would be heartbroken.
Nothing is more fun than wrapping up your first 15 minutes of play by beating up a balloon with arms.
-DD

SomeguyDom

Smash Cadet

Your returning home from your quest to gamestop. You get in the door, pull off the shoes, hang up the jacket, run to the TV, rip the plastic off the box, take of the stickers, fire up the wii, start up the game , play classic mode and DO NOT see the words "New Challenger Approaching : Jigglypuff!"

I know I would.
Sort of...

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Well considering that the games never tell you the name of the character you're about to fight and unlock, no, I wouldn't be dissapointed if I didn't see those words.

But anyway. I would be very disappointed if Jigglypuff does not return, since she was my Melee main, but something tells me we probably shouldn't expect the unlockables to work the same as in 64 and Melee, considering the addition of SSE.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
If Jigglypuff isn't in Brawl, I can assure you that I'll be arriving at Sakurai's front door in Japan with a tommy gun.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff was ok, a bit annoying but she was more of a kirby clone than anything else. However Jiggly did have an almost god like recovery move, a mix of her side B and her jump.

Bluerockworld

Smash Apprentice
How can you even say that? I love jiggs! Specialy if you get knocked off and then you charge up your rollout and then let it rip and go zooming back on the stage!! I would cry if Jiggs didn't get let back in...

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff was ok, a bit annoying but she was more of a kirby clone than anything else. However Jiggly did have an almost god like recovery move, a mix of her side B and her jump.
[sarcasm]All hail the Smash EXPERT![/sarcasm]

In other news, not just Puff, but I think I'd be dissapointed if anybody from Melee with a completely original moveset didn't make it into Brawl. (Jigglypuff, G&W, Captain Falcon)

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
I, actually, don't like Jigglypuff, but I love unlocking them first thing.

(It's also nice to beat up on in Practice mode)

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
I would be depressed and start slashing my wrist with a blade and be permanetly Emo for the rest of my life.

Okay, maybe not that much, but i would miss Jigglypuff. She's been my best character for the last two games and not to see her again. Meh... it would be sad.

I'm surprised at how many people hate the puffball, sure it copies Kirby with the floating and maybe one or two attacks. But Jigglypuff is almost completely unique. Rollout, sing, rest, and pound. Kirby has none of those. I say she should stay in.

Yeah, my speech is done.

Jigglypuff for Brawl!

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
It was really the first unlockable? The first one I unlocked was C. Falcon in SSB64, and Falco in SSBM.

No, I am not kidding.

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
I really could care less for Jigglypuff... He/she hasn't been such a major impact on anything, so I pay as much attention to Jigglypuff as I do to dust.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
Dust can be pretty interestin if you think about it. (Ok, maybe not)

Jigglypuff didn't have to be the first to unlock. You could have gotten Luigi first or a few other people but i seemed to have the luck of getting jigglypuff first.

Zek

Smash Ace
I really wish you guys would stop making stuff up. This talk about Jigglypuff not coming back is pure fantasy.

I personally wouldn't care very much, but I would think it was really dumb. There's zero reason to remove her, or to think that she'll be removed.

Mess

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't be too disappointed if Jiggy was gone.

However, if I came home and realised my Wii was stolen... well... THEN I would be disappointed.

Arteen

Smash Lord
There's no way Jigglypuff could be gone. She's arguably the simplist character in the game, and would probably take the least amount of time to put into Brawl.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
¬_¬ they are saying if she wasn't in Brawl, we all know that she would be unlockable. Well thanks for the sarcasm Bendu, but you should know that is true, its kinda broken. . .

Macrofly

Smash Cadet
I unlocked Doc before Jigglypuff in Melee because I used mario in adventure mode first. :p

But yeah...it almost seems like a tradition for her to be the first unlockable (most of the time...:p)

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
¬_¬ they are saying if she wasn't in Brawl, we all know that she would be unlockable. Well thanks for the sarcasm Bendu, but you should know that is true, its kinda broken. . .
Uhh, the point is everybody knows Jigglypuff has amazing recovery. I'm a Jigglypuff main for God's sakes. I was making fun of you for acting like you were informing us all of something we didn't know.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman

I know I would.

why would the first thing you do be playing classic mode? I mean, i understand if its tradition, but there are so many awesome new things I will be wanting to try out first!!

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't care at all. And I mean AT ALL. Jigglypuff has really done nothing notable. All it has is popularity. Within the Pokemon games, Jigglypuff has about the same significance as a Ratatta.

By the way, between Jigglypuff and Mewtwo, one of them is definitely going. Unfortunately, most signs are pointing to Mewtwo, which sucks since he deserves it way more, but Jigglypuff is not 100% safe. I'm basing this off of many things that Serebii has said.

Top Bottom