• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will wavedashing increase sonic's metagame? (proof)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umby

Smash Master
It won't matter. Tournaments won't make it standard, considering everyone bringing setups would have to have a modded Wii and set up the code. It would just be for the purpose of fun, and there's no usefulness in trying to advance Sonic's metagame in a field that won't even be included in standard tournaments.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Although I am strictly against this ever taking place in major tourney play(as a side event at a unhacked brawl tourney wouldn't be that bad i guess though), Sonic really has one of the best and most useful wavedashes. It would make landing kills much easier, and would make landing kills on you much harder. Sonics spacing game is drastically improved by this, and with his speed, his mobility on the ground is utterly unparalleled.

I am just annoyed at some people seriously wanting to implement this into tourney play, and it could stagnate the metagame of developing chars in the real, unhacked brawl.

To comment on Umby's point though, hacking brawl can be done pretty quickly. At the tourney I'm going to this weekend they are apparently going to apply the no tripping to all the Wii's brought before the tourney even begins, and its a rather sizeable tourney. it doesn't take that long =/

One note though, for some reason, Sonic's wavedash and his directional airdodge especially look way too cool. =P

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This will not be a tournament standard, and if it does, I'll be p*ssed. If you want to wavedash, play Melee. If you don't want to trip, play Melee. It's as simple as that.

Melee 2.0 is on its way.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Tis brawlee.

At least MK's wavedash is just average though XD.
lol, Brawlee...
Well, MK is going to get banned within the following months anyway...I see it happening.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
IDK what to think. It's OK I guess. I play melee more anyways.
But that's not the point though...people have reasons for playing Brawl and for playing Melee. I personally enjoy both and would like to play each game how they're supposed to be played.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
But that's not the point though...people have reasons for playing Brawl and for playing Melee. I personally enjoy both and would like to play each game how they're supposed to be played.
QFTTTT(Quoted for the totally tubular truth)

Let brawl develop its own techs and whatnot. It may never become as competitive as melee, probably won't, but it has its own identity, and to many of us, its a funner game in its own right.

But that doesn't mean this wavedashing thing can't be fun once in a while if you have friends over, just don't get stuck on it.

And I don't see Meta being banned, nor do I want him to be banned.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well see, I wouldn't mind seeing MK banned, there have been way to many valid reasons pointed out (Just look at Da KIDs' post...)

I'm reporting this thread though. This is going to become a Melee vs. Brawl/MK Ban thread all wrapped up in one...

(Only at the Sonic Boards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom