• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will there be Project M wifi again?

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Well thankfully, our good friend wiimm has found a way to provide a custom server for every game going down in wifi shambles, especially SSBB. So my only question is, and probably everyone elses, is there even a chance for Project M wifi again?

If we now have the simple ability to connect to wifi using a patcher, then surely there must be some technical way to add project m to the mix right? I'm not sure if wiimm's patcher for ISO and game mods can work for that (i'm not that computer-technical so I don't know much), so anything?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Project M runs on brawl, and it's not even standalone at that. If brawl can connect, then P:M can as well.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Project M runs on brawl, and it's not even standalone at that. If brawl can connect, then P:M can as well.
How so then? Do you run the patcher which loads brawl and then use the hackless method to load project m? Is the patcher permanent therefore making it unneccessary to load the patcher again and able to run project m on the homebrew channel instead? Are these questrions making sense? if not, I apologize.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
absolutely it can. As long as PMBR develops their loader to load up the auto wifimmi patcher along with their game.

like I said on the wifi board.Wifi for P:M will return in time

_Liquid_

Smash Cadet
Yes! As of right now it's possible using a PM iso that has been patched for wiimmfi. For everyone using a brawl disc and the PM homebrew app, we'll have to wait until the PMBR updates their app.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Yes! As of right now it's possible using a PM iso that has been patched for wiimmfi. For everyone using a brawl disc and the PM homebrew app, we'll have to wait until the PMBR updates their app.
So basically we'll wait until something happens?

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Computer isn't strong enough

I want to improve but no one around me is the slightest bit interested in smash.
Have you checked for local tournaments? There's probably a scene in your state.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Have you checked for local tournaments? There's probably a scene in your state.
There is, but they are all in Northern Oregon. Southern Oregon is almost rural compared to northern Oregon. D: Of course I just moved down here right when I started smash tho. >,<

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Yo man you can do it. I converted a bunch of street fighter and mvc3 nerds to Smash, and most of them are dropping their games altogether for it.

Top Bottom