• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will the DownB transformation nerf Zelda like in melee?

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
According to her trophy in melee, Zelda was weaker in certain aspects so that sheik could compensate, while zelda was supposed to be good at things sheik was bad at (too bad there were so few :ohwell: ). Any of you guys think Zelda will face a similar scenario in Brawl with her new "twilight transformation?". I'm not talking about her A moves since they definately seem better than melee (those were nerfed too in melee).

Her din's fire for the most part seems as useless as before according to jumpfesta goers but her Farores wind seems to hint that it does damage at the destination spot (it was used as an attack in her gameplay footage, it missed but it was used as an attack). They're actually called eldin's fire and faron's wind or soemthing but you know what i mean.

For her B moves to be good, Dins fire, though apparantly weaker, needs better knockback or needs to explode on impact. Farons wind seems fine, Layarnu's love needs to come out instantaneously and the spikes need more range.

I hope that twilight transformation it is Zelda in TP robes and uses Sheik moves, and/or it is timed like PT, time will tell.

EDIT:
I think the transformation might be timed. Sakurai could put a timer on how long you can use the transformation before the twilight consumes you, although that's not very canon.

Zelda needs a serious buffing , and "Sheik" will need a serious nerf. Although, it's hard to make them balance out,I hope Sakurai has dedicated a bit of time to make them work as a team, like they're supposed to, and not a " HAI, IM SHEIK AM A NINJA. LET ME FIGHT FOR U ZELDA!11" Team ;]
Hmm, yeah you have a point, i hope they are "balanced" but the topic was originally about whether Zelda will be a complete character at all or will be gimped because she can transform. I hope its like Samus where shes not Gimped or "balanced" with Zamus just because they transform. Samus is a slower char Zamus is a faster one but they are both complete characters.

yeah one way Zelda definately won't be nerfed is if the transformation is timed like PT's transformations, like a "timed Sheik buff"

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I think they will try to "fix" Zelda. Make the Zelda and Sheik relationship more like is was SUPPOSED to be. Zelda for hard hitting attacks and Sheik for making quick damage. If they have any brains Zelda will be powered up a little. We know that Kirby has been powered up, so I think they've been playing attention to the fan's ideas of strong or weak characters.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I think the transformation might be timed. Sakurai could put a timer on how long you can use the transformation before the twilight consumes you, although that's not very canon.

I remember hearing Eldin's fire was nerfed, but I'm not sure if it's official.

Zelda needs a serious buffing , and "Sheik" will need a serious nerf. Although, it's hard to make them balance out,I hope Sakurai has dedicated a bit of time to make them work as a team, like they're supposed to, and not a " HAI, IM SHEIK AM A NINJA. LET ME FIGHT FOR U ZELDA!11" Team ;]

Here's to hoping Zelda's B moves receive a bit of a buffing though. I'm hoping that when you finish Lanayru's love you can fire the crystals forward to strike at the opponent.

Yes, I'm using the light spirits names for her B moves, because I simply like the idea of Sakurai using the Light Spirits for her B moves.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah, to be honest it actually sounds more like something Zelda would have, seeing as she's on "speaking terms" with the Light Spritis and all. I like the sound of that too.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Yeah, to be honest it actually sounds more like something Zelda would have, seeing as she's on "speaking terms" with the Light Spritis and all. I like the sound of that too.
You make her sound like she's 1 step away from being burned at the stake.

But yes, Light spirits > OoT deities.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman

Hmm, yeah you have a point, i hope they are "balanced" but the topic was originally about whether Zelda will be a complete character at all or will be gimped because she can transform. I hope its like Samus where shes not Gimped or "balanced" with Zamus just because they transform. Samus is a slower char Zamus is a faster one but they are both complete characters.

yeah one way Zelda definately won't be nerfed is if the transformation is timed like PT's transformations, like a "timed Sheik buff"

Iris

Smash Ace
Ordon is rolling over in its ranch.

I don't mind if Zelda and her alter-ego are advantageous at different things as long as they're both full characters, like Samus. Or, of course, if Zelda's the one who's amazing and her alter-ego is kind of crappy. As long as our title princess isn't getting the short end of the stick.

Top Bottom