• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will the beginning of the SSE be 2-player?

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
I know that you can be on teams, i just want to know, will right at the beginning be 2 player, you know Mario v Kirby, and i was also wondering if the fight against Petey be 2-player.

Answer Please.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
I think the videos show Mario and Kirby versing each other first, perhaps controlled by the co-op players? Then the Halberd appears... arg, go look on Youtube for the Subspace emissary story, there should be like 5 videos about it

inuyasha09

Smash Cadet
yeah you have a choice which character you wan tto be and if its co-op sound very fun. its in the video mario77 metioned

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Very good question. In that case then, would there be a different storyline for having 2 players?

I doubt it.

india3

Smash Cadet
if you mean that if one player can control kirby and another can control mario, i personally don' think so.. i mean one of them could just suicide to let them finish the game quicker...

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
You can...

If you choose Mario, Kirby COULD be player two. It's your choice to verus your friend or a CPU...

Then the SEE monsters come.. And that parts four player.

Either Mario, Kirby, Peach or Zelda... I think Player 2,3 and 4 are chosen randomley. Or in a order.

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
You can only play co-op when there can be more than 1 player on scene. Aka, Kirby/Mario vs Petey Piranha can't be co-op, or Pit's falling before he finds Mario can't be co-op. I'm 200% sure that's how it works, yes. Plus, from the SSE vids you can see aswell

pud22

Smash Apprentice
the first match with mario v. kirby is one player check the vids. i doubt theyd pit two co-op players against each other this is SSE not versus mode.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
You can...

If you choose Mario, Kirby COULD be player two. It's your choice to verus your friend or a CPU...

Then the SEE monsters come.. And that parts four player.

Either Mario, Kirby, Peach or Zelda... I think Player 2,3 and 4 are chosen randomley. Or in a order.
doesn't mario get owned by a cannon ball before trhe fight?

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Well, not sure, but my guess is that when no other character is present, the game will automatically create a second 'Pit' or 'Mario' until you pick up another character. Just a guess, though.

Smash Ace
here are the levels we know of so far:
Mario/Kirby
Kirby/Zelda (or Peach)
DK/Diddy
Diddy/Fox
Mario/Pit
Mario/Sonic (according to a video)
Link/Yoshi (not sure here, don't flame me if I'm wrong)

hmmm...looks like sets of '2' to me!
and besides, if anyone wants to counter that with the pitcures that only wshow one character, I have a respone:

*breaks down crying* YOU RUINED MY THEORY!!! WAAAHH!!!
PSYCHE!!! *laughs manically*
If you've seen the subspace videos at E4all, you may have noticed that on the DK/Diddy stage, one of them (I think it was DOnkey kong) didn't show up until 20-30 seconds after Diddy had been playing (it might have been the other way around)

in other words, I'm pretty sure that if you get a buddy to be your player 2 on Feb. 10th, he won't get left out. It appears they've made the game co-op compatible.

=2007=

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
When they showed Mario Vs .Kirby- Player 1 picked Mario. There was a "Press Start" for Kirby. So I say yes

Frogla

Smash Ace
First match can be co op.

But the petey boss battle the only way i assume is that it can be is that P2 controls Petey.

Top Bottom