• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will the 3ds smash help you get better at the Wii U smash

SWTOROF2099

Smash Rookie
I have the 3ds smash and I was wondering if it will improve at the smash Wii U version

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
As someone who plays the 3DS version nearly every day...

no.

Last edited:

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Smash 3DS (and any fighting game) will help you improve your fundamentals in the Wii U version (and any other fighting game). It probably won't help much with execution, since you'll have to relearn muscle memory anyway (though you can kinda get around that by using a pro controller).

Skwrl

Smash Cadet
I play the 3DS version and Wii U versions regularly. I don't think that the 3DS helped me get any better at the Wii U version, but it didn't make me any worse.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
Aw, man. You could probably find it easier to practice some techniques and fundamentals with the portability of the 3DS and l feel like the muscle memory transfers over semi-decently from 3DS to Gamepad or Pro Controller, but not the holy grail of choices, GC controller. (Also Bidou and similar button layouts are impossible or next to impossible on 3DS but it's 2017, l can't keep pretending people believe in that)

l know the struggle. With my PC in one room and the Wii U on the opposite side of the house, it feels really unconventional to utilize Discord and Anther's Ladder to set up Wii U matches since l'd have to jog back and forth just to forget the guy's NNID and run back here. See if you can't get the Wii U near your PC set-up if that's the issue.

Top Bottom