• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Will the 3DS be able to handle Poké Balls?

Do you think it will be able to handle it?

• Total voters

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I'm curious, with the amount of Pokémon they'll be including in SSB4, is the 3DS ready to handle power of the unique item?

Do you think it will?

Talk about your thoughts and ideas here!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It handles X and Y just fine

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Not only will it be able to handle the Poké Balls, the 3DS is capable of fondling the balls as well.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If X and Y could handle over 700 fully animated 3D modelled Pokemon (Not to mention all the different formes and Mega Evolutions) as well as the many characters and everything in those games. Than there really is nothing to worry about in terms of the Pokemon (and Assist Trophies) in Smash Bros 3DS. It should be able to handle them just fine.

Also, If there does happen to be a few Pokeball Pokemon who can't seem to work on the 3DS version for any reason than I'm sure Sakurai will make said Pokeball Pokemon it a Wii U exclusive like he said (likewise for the Assist Trophies). If that's what you're worried about.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
if the pokeballs were affected AT ALL by the 3DS (i really don't think so) it would just be that a few pokemon are missing as compared to the wii u version. i personally think they may make some pokemon exclusive to 3DS and then some to wii u. hey, maybe yveltal will be 3DS exclusive?

Morbi

Scavenger
If X and Y could handle over 700 fully animated 3D modelled Pokemon (Not to mention all the different formes and Mega Evolutions) as well as the many characters and everything in those games. Than there really is nothing to worry about in terms of the Pokemon (and Assist Trophies) in Smash Bros 3DS. It should be able to handle them just fine.

Also, If there does happen to be a few Pokeball Pokemon who can't seem to work on the 3DS version for any reason than I'm sure Sakurai will make said Pokeball Pokemon it a Wii U exclusive like he said (likewise for the Assist Trophies). If that's what you're worried about.
That is irrelevant. The memory of the 3DS is not the question up for debate. It alludes to the capability of the 3DS to process multiple AI on the screen (Ice Climbers and Olimar are already having slight issues). For instance, Latios and Latias, or Unknown/Beedrill. Not just them alone, but during a 4 player battle on a busy stage. There might be some screen tearing.

I do think that the 3DS is capable of utilizing every Pokemon including busy ones. I am not worried. However, the question was in regards to the power of the 3DS. Not the MEMORY. I am sick of reading such fallacy. The 3DS DOES have limitations. Look at poor Donkey Kong if you don't believe me. The limitations are not memory related. No one is debating that.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't really know too much about the Al for the pokeball pokemon but even if there can't be too many as it causes troubles for the game, can't they just limit to how many poke balls can spawn on the field? Even Brawl limited it to only three. :/

And like I said, if certain pokemon cause issues then they will most likely take them out of the 3DS version and keep them in the Wii U version as Sakurai said in an interview.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I doubt the pokeball or assist trophy AI would cause too many issues. Their scripts are much less complex than full, playable characters.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Can it handle it? I don't see why not. There is a TON of content in the Pokemon games, and KI:U.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'm not really worried about the amount of Pokemon it can handle, I'm mainly worried about slowdown. Pokemon X and Y both have slowdown during battle lol, so I hope it won't drastically plague this game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I noticed that the lag mainly happens when you have the 3D switched on. The lag doesn't occur as much when the 3D is off. I think everything should be okay if they limit the Poke balls to 3 again like they did in Brawl and not have as many pokemon like Unown and Latias/Latios... :/

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I noticed that the lag mainly happens when you have the 3D switched on. The lag doesn't occur as much when the 3D is off. I think everything should be okay if they limit the Poke balls to 3 again like they did in Brawl and not have as many pokemon like Unown and Latias/Latios... :/
It doesn't happen as much with 3D off, but it still happens. I've seen a lot of people complaining about this on different forums, answer sites, etc. (with it happening a lot when 3D is off still). Plus it happens to me, at least once, in like every single battle. I'm just saying that even if this only happens like one or two times per battle in Smash 3DS, it could be like the equivalent of tripping lol.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Technical limitations are not that much of a problem. If rendering would become a problem they could go for low-poly Pokemon or something, N64 Smash used sprites and they looked alright. What would however not surprise me given the "Ice Climbers are problematic" comments is reducing the number of Pokeballs at once to one in 3DS version.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It doesn't happen as much with 3D off, but it still happens. I've seen a lot of people complaining about this on different forums, answer sites, etc. (with it happening a lot when 3D is off still). Plus it happens to me, at least once, in like every single battle. I'm just saying that even if this only happens like one or two times per battle in Smash 3DS, it could be like the equivalent of tripping lol.
I did say that it mainly happens when the 3D is on. Not that it never happens when It's off. I do agree that it is a little annoying whenever it happens though. I think mainly why It's so prevailent in Pokemon is probably because of these creatures and data stored. Not to mention all the transformations, mega evolutions and NPC's these games store. I doubt Smash Bros 3DS will store that much data though. Even with the Assist Trophies, Pokeball Pokemon, enemies and bosses included with the the playable characters. So long as they limit the amount of Pokemon that can get spawned at the same time then it should be fine..... hopefully.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I did say that it mainly happens when the 3D is on. Not that it never happens when It's off. I do agree that it is a little annoying whenever it happens though. I think mainly why It's so prevailent in Pokemon is probably because of these creatures and data stored. Not to mention all the transformations, mega evolutions and NPC's these games store. I doubt Smash Bros 3DS will store that much data though. Even with the Assist Trophies, Pokeball Pokemon, enemies and bosses included with the the playable characters. So long as they limit the amount of Pokemon that can get spawned at the same time then it should be fine..... hopefully.
Good point. A limit could be placed on the 3DS... but not on the Wii U.

Oh, and speaking of Pokemon..

MissingNo for SSB4! :troll:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
It will most likely handle pokeballs. I don't see why not.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Hello guys :D..........ok no......but whatever I've been off this site for a long time now :/ but all I say to this is if it can handle Pokemon X and Y then it can probably handle Yveltal killing you on a stage....but meh X and Y has a frame rate slowdown when the 3D (in battle) but anyways I need my pokemons in smash bros. or me and my brother will miss Pokemon battles in smash bros where it got to extreme and just funny.

Top Bottom