• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will the 3ds and Wii U metagames split if they play differently?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
With the competitive board I see they're grouping the two games together, but it seems like that might be premature. I don't expect the two to play drastically different from each other but I thought I heard that the 3ds version actually plays a bit slower/more like Brawl, not to mention stage differences, etc. Would it be worth it to separate the two in terms of tier lists, strategies, etc. or am I overthinking this? :)

AirShad

Smash Cadet
Well if they're different games their meta will be different. Therefore, the 3DS techniques may or may not work well with Wii U gameplay.

Spirst

It's definitely a case of it being premature. I don't believe there will be major differences, but the actual control setup as well as the other stages will be factored into how each character is placed. Some characters, like Greninja or Jigglypuff, will definitely benefit a lot from having a c-stick and this will affect how they play.

Top Bottom