• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Super Smash Bros Ultimate Reunite All Smashers ?

Do you think SSBU will unite all Smashers ?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Hi everyone, how are you ? I am new here and don't entirely understand everything so please bear with me and sorry if this might be a common topic. But I love here from people and because this place is very active and looks really nice, I want to here your opinions from all Smash fandoms. ( N64, Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4 ) This isn't meant to bash or harm anyone so if you can please avoid saying negative things that can hurt someone. I decide to do this topic after watching some YouTube videos and I never thought about the separation in the Smash Community mostly split between Smash 4 and Melee. I thought I share it here as I thought it was interesting. Growing up playing Melee, the game is more technical and more competitive than the rest of the Smash games and fans like that. As we progress, the games became more causal friendly something that Sakuri really wanted more in a game and though drawn in more fans like he wanted, it pushed most competitive fans aware which isn't a lot compare to the casual fan base but it enough that it matters and it's clear that till this day, Melee is more active and as a result, causes a divide. I leaned away from Melee. I love it and I'm a huge fan, but maybe an easy route was best for the game. But the divide to me, while it creates a more diverse community, it often also can create conflict and cause the publicity of Smash to be lower since we are a bit stuck in the past. It's okay to like both. But I believe SSBU is looking up to be a causal friendly game while also giving Melee fans what they desire. things they seem to do right is tooooo much to go over, but:

• Includes previous and new revamped mechanics
Smash Ultimate now have both new and returning mechanics that all players of the franchise will love. let's take a look at the key ones that can drive both communities starting with the obvious one Directional Air Dodging. This mechanic was removed from future installments as it was deemed part of the reason for Melee high level cap. It is back better than ever allowing character to avoid certain situations, improve mobility, and even help characters recover back to the stage. As we know and for those of you who don't, Wave Dashing was completed in Melee by doing the Directional Air Dodge right into the ground. As a result, character will slide which can cause great mobility, open up for unpredictable approaches, close distance and attack out of it which was essential. This was one of the main things that made Melee interesting. But you can no longer Wave Dash still even with the incorporation of this mechanic but tbh this should not be an issue. These's a new mechanic that wasn't there before which cancelling your dash animations. Before, in Smash 4, you would dash and have to wait for the character to finish out the dash end animation before attacking with let's say jab. You could only cancel with Usmash, Specials, and jumps mainly. Now you can dash and cancel with any option that you want which is amazing because characters like Little Mac becomes dangerous. Why is this important ? It is, because it is doing what Wave Dashing was basically invented to do, approach and attack. Now the game might not be as fast as Melee, but it is way faster than Smash 4 finding that perfect balance. Wave Dashing is simply no longer needed with this mechanic change. Besides, we still now have Dash Dancing and a weaker Wave Landing like on platforms but it's there. This is the main thing I see keeping us apart but this game is trying to cater to both fanbase.

• Everyone Is Here !!!!!!
One of the main true thing that hurt me the most coming from Melee and Brawl was the fact that my main Ice Climbers were cut. I solo mained them and it became hard to find a new character to stick with ever since. Fan favorites were cut possibly due to strict timing or 3ds limitations. So Wolf, Pichu, Young Link, Pokémon Trainer, Ice Climbers, Snake, were cut. And this could be a reason why many people stayed back. But no need to now because everyone is here. Now got booted out and now the roster is bigger than ever 66 characters and more to come Wow. We even got fan favorite such as Ridley and Daisy who will be newcomers joining the base roster. Not only that but we get the Inklings who also generated a lot of love and they are good even staying true to source material. With this new roster, no can say they don't have their main and I love it. character are also getting buffed and nerfed to keep up with the roster. As I look threw the patch notes, everyone seems to look decent or at most viable which is awesome. For this game trying to balance soooo many character, this is a huge leap as no matter what there always better characters and most of them will be mid to viable. Some character like Zelda and Link got completely new redesigns and they look amazing. Judging by footage and opinions from players, it seem we will have unexpected high tiers. Yes, Gannon, Ike, and Little Mac as we know are much better and are potential high tiers. That's big because they were low for so long and now they are making a comeback. now, I don't want to hype them up since we only seen a little less than half the roster, but they are defiantly must easier so you guys that main them, rest easily. They are in better graphics and animation which is Superior to Melee's as of coarse, it's an old game. So I hope this alone could be enough but there are more step the development team is taking to truly make this the ultimate game.

• Stages and Hazards
Ultimate seems to be bringing back almost all the stages across the franchise like Princess Peach's Castle right up to 3ds and Wii U stages. Brawl also has full stages back too. This means matches will never be boring and is something new with each play. It also brings back memories playing on stages that now have a revamp look. For me, Its Summit. But what does this mean for competitive play. Stages were often ruled out because they had interactions that harmed too much. It become more of a stage vs the player instead. We did get a bit more stages for advance play later on but it was like 5 or so. with 40 plus stages, that wasn't a lot and made for a dull experience. Guess what ? We now have both Omega and Battifield stages. This means every returning stage will have a tournament legal plane field to fight on. That's amazing and will be much better for all players. If that's not enough, there will be stage toggle making normal stages more viable for play and counter picks without use of omega stages and battlefield stages. Bless you Sakuri. This is amazing, I can hardly contain my hype. New stages are present to like New Donk City, Great Tower, and Moray Towers. I can't wait. I want to see online sooooo bad.

Overall, There will be 10,000 of changes says Sakuri and there are many other factors that I didn't even go over like the fact that 1v1 damage increase in order balance the in game pace. With this game being faster and taking all these factors in, I strongly believe this game will bring us together. Now it does not have to kill Melee, we love it. But it could possibly reunite everyone under one game and I'm excited for that. This game will go so far. We are so close to release guys and girls. I want to your opinions from you. Please. I hope to talk. make this a chill spot if you want.

:ulticeclimbers: Ice Climber Main. If you guys wish to know about me, please read my profile if you like.

Top Bottom