• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Princess Toadstool's Forward Smash be Changed?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Greetings,

The change with King Dedede's forward special from Waddle Dee Toss to Gordo Toss recently had me thinking: Will a similar change be made to Princess Toadstool's forward smash? In the past smash games, Princess Toadstool would randomly attack with either a golf club, a tennis racket, or a frying pan when her forward smash was executed. Since they seem to be putting more focus on character play styles more than ever, I could really see them removing this randomness and just having Princess Toadstool attack with just one of the three. If anything, that would undoubtedly make the move more dependable.

Mine question to you lot: If this does happen, which weapon would you prefer Princess Toadstool use? The golf club, the tennis racket, or the frying pan?

Personally, I would like Princess Toadstool to just use the Tennis Racket, and with a new animation in which she wields the racket with just one hand. Perhaps they could add more power and range to the move as well.

But anyhow, what say you lot?

Hong

The Strongest
I like the removal of randomization, largely due to my admittedly heavy competitive bias.

Between the three, I don't like the golf club since it thematically forces a particular motion. That narrows it down to two remaining possibilities. As cool as the frying pan is for being a Super Mario RPG throwback, I would go with the tennis racket as well. It's cuter and doesn't require the same distortion the frying pan would take to have an equally large hitbox.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, it would be neat not to have to worry about whether the next smash will be the one you need, and on the other hand I am used to her current forward smash, so I would be disappointed if only one of the three weapons made it.

Project M had the best idea, I believe. Keep her three weapons and make her use them in a set order. Also, give each of her smash a distinct animation.

That would be optimal to me.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Naah, keep that Smash. I love it.

PM though indeed was good in what it did- I would usually set up my frying pan when others were asleep after Peach's Final Smash was unleashed.

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
I think that it should be kept, as I can't think of an alternative other than extreme slapping :laugh:. But, regardless, I think that the Project M's rotation displays a better use of technique. but removes the fun aspect, similar to plucking a :bomb:...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think there was actually something that confirmed that the randomization on Peach's forward smash is gone on Reddit.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I say project M style ftw

I can cook, play tennis, and some golf- not as good as tennis though, I still tighten up on the club sending the ball far right.

Last edited:

Skyle

Smash Rookie
I would like if she got a different forward smash, I was never a fan of the golf club, tennis racket, or frying pan.
The designers seem to be leaning more towards a 'magic' feeling with Peach, but she'll probably just shoot out... hearts (:glare:)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I can live without the Frying Pan but I'll miss the Golf Club as that was easily her best Forward Smash in Brawl (ignoring sweetspot Tennis Racquet). Given that we've only seen her use the Racquet, I'm guessing that'll be her only F Smash (I hope they give it a bit more range/power this time round).

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
If they had to remove two, I'd want to keep the Frying Pan as it's one of the few indications that the RPG's exist.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Little Mac can input up, down, or forward for his forward Smash. Peach can turn away from the screen on press of Forward Smash and then one of her three weapons can be assigned to a directional input.

Top Bottom