• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will PM ever be available for PAL users?

Poonish

Smash Rookie
Stupid me went and brought a SD card and hyped up for this only to find out that I had a PAL version of both my wii and my brawl. Should I keep myself updated for a PAL version or just give up? Im not hacking my wii and buying yet another SD card.

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
Why would you buy another SD card?

At this point you should wait until PM reaches a universal release. Only Japan and NTSC-U users will get PM until it reaches a final update. Hacking your Wii and using PAL compatible codes for PM is the only plausible solution I think for PAL users; you should have read the instructions and disclaimers of PM before you got an SD card.

Also, brought ≠ bought.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I think there's a way to hack your Wii and change it from PAL to NTSC-U (dunno what the hack is called), but I'm pretty sure you can't change the game from PAL to NTSC-U. So just change your Wii to NTSC-U and buy an NTSC-U copy of Smash Bros. It might not be worth it since the game costs money, but if you're really that desperate (and you're probably not) then you might as well buy it.

Note: I'm recalling this from memory, so you might want to research what I just said if you're going to buy a new copy.

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
Why would you want to do that to your Wii? A hacked Wii can read any disc from any region if the games are loaded through loaders such as Neogamma or USB Loader GX.

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
I think you should use Gecko OS. It can basically load any region disc and play it as long as you force it to. Hacking a Wii takes less than 5 minutes and is safe if you follow instructions.

tan(90

Smash Apprentice
You should make a backup of your Brawl Disc and load P:M through USB. I've noticed it loads up faster and it wont wear out your laser. Unfortunately, you don't get the cool official P:M launcher.

Top Bottom