• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will People Stop Playing Melee When Sm4sh comes out?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only real setback for the Melee scene IMO is that Nintendo themselves seem willing to support Smash 4 tournaments, something that no other Smash game has really had going for it. Yes, they sponsored EVO this year, but they will probably push for Smash Wii U to be top dog at EVO next year, even if Melee is present. In that sense, Melee could become the side game or something.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I'm guessing that Brawl will be dropped at tournaments pretty soon now that we have Smash 4, which is IMO what Brawl should have been. Melee will still keep going though because it's still a great competitive game that's very different from the other Smash games.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I see Project M killing Melee as the meta evolves. Then again, we will NEVER have a Smash game without a competitive scene. It's always going to existent like Melee, which I feel Brawl is going to devolve into when Smash 4 comes out for Wii U. Melee will be the same eventually.

But I am perfectly fine with Smash 4 and Project M being the top dogs.

Senario

Smash Ace
Melee will continue. It wasn't affected by PM, and revived itself after brawl. As far as I'm concerned 64 -> Melee -> PM are a seperate string of games in a certain playstyle and Brawl -> Smash 4 so far are a different way. They might as well be two different games in the same genre. Platform fighting games.

People will continue to play melee and PM because it offers what they like, and it is fun to them. Currently nothing will change that as newer games do not offer a similar experience. And even then Melee is solid and will last a while. PM has shown melee will continue to be played due to the sandbox nature of it's combos, fun movement options, and pacing.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Well I'll tell you one thing, I'm definitely not going to stop playing Melee anytime soon. Maybe if PM gets better then that might overtake Melee but currently my local scene is pretty against PM.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Melee is like mvc2 it's beloved by many but fewer and fewer will play it competitively. Side tourney stuff.

Brawl is like cvs2. Everybody liked it until it was discovered how broken it was.

Smash 4 will overtake brawl immediatly. Smash 4 is like ssf4. The new standard. Dlc, patches, etc. It will be great.

History repeats itself and smash is no different.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Most people stopped playing Melee a long time ago. The competitive community however, I seriously doubt that the ones playing it now will ever not play it. That's just not part of human nature, we stick to the familiar, and build narratives around it to justify why we're doing it. Even if Smash 4 turned out to be the greatest competitive game that the World would ever know, there would be many who wouldn't like it simply because it wasn't Melee, and many who would still play all the different varieties of the game.

Of course, people have their own reasons (well defined in most cases) for why they love Melee, but in a good decade or so there will still be people clinging to Brawl (not as many), people clinging to Melee, to Smash 64 and Project M, and of course, people clinging to Smash 4, each with their own reasons.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Melee will still see some play, as it is drastically different from Sm4sh. Brawl on the other hand will definitely die down, rapidly.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
lol no.

All Smash Bros games will still be played. Melee will still have a thriving community. PM will see growth. Smash 4 will have a big boom and I expect it to overtake Melee in terms of playerbase as patches, DLC among other updates expand and better the game but I don't expect a huge migration and I doubt anyone else as well. I think the one Smash game that will suffer might be Brawl. Unless people miss Snake, Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers, I don't see Brawl really being featured at tournaments.

shapular

Smash Ace
I hope so. It needs to happen. I think at least half the current Melee players, the ones who just play it because it's the thing that's played the most, will move on to Smash 4. I don't think Melee will get any new players. PM will probably die off quickly, especially if 3.5 is as bad as I've heard, since the PM community is largely Brawl players who need something to play and Melee players who also play PM. Hopefully the few remaining Melee players come over when they can see firsthand that Smash 4 is better than Melee.

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
No melee will be fine honestly but smash 4 could end up taking some of the players from the melee scene but it wouldn't be enough to really hurt it.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
While I personally find Melee to be an inferior game to Brawl and likely to SSB4, other people like Melee as a game, they like the meta, etc. And there's nothing wrong with that, so long as they're not all haughty and elitist about it.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Super Street Fighter II Turbo, a game that's exactly twenty years old, still has a thriving competitive scene. I think Melee will be fine.

As someone who just recently got back into Melee, I actually see myself juggling both somehow. Their flavors are just different enough to warrant it.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Melee will stop being the premiere tourney game, especially at larger events. Nintendo won't support Melee at Evo when they have a new pony to trot out and make sales on, and I feel from what I've played that Smash 4 has solid merit as a game to be played competitively. I agree that Melee will be a solid side tourney for larger events, and that there will still be smaller Melee only tournies, but as a whole Smash 4 looks like it'll take the mainstream support.

Here's hoping Nintendo is a cool company and supports the tourney scene with official tournies like GF does with pokemon, like a Smash Worlds or something would be 3 hype 5 me.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
No, but I hope people play it alongside Smash 4. There's no reason the Smash Scene has to be dominated by just one game.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
It's possible, as Super Smash Bros. faded after Melee was released, but it's probably unlikely due to the die-hard Melee fans.

S2

Smash Lord
Melee will always see play even if it's a side tournament. Due to the complexity of the game and the fondness/nostalgia people have for it, it'll probably hang around most tournament scenes in some fashion. Much like Street Fighter 2 / 3 still see side tournaments at major events, the games are classics with large followings, even if they aren't the latest entry in that franchise.

It's probably in the communities best interest to focus on Smash U since it's new and has great potential to bring in new players. I understand why a lot of people went back from Brawl to Melee, Brawl was widely considered a disappointment to many players. Smash 4 won't play like Melee, but if it's a good competitive game than the community really should embrace it as the tournament standard. Even then, Melee should stick around in side tournaments and such because it's just a great game. I imagine that Smash 4 will probably kill Brawl off completely though in the competitive scene.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
no. the amount of "Melee is love, Melee is life" players is above and beyond. lol I love every game for what they are. But melee will always be the majority favorite.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Melee and Smash 4 have completely different sets of strengths and weaknesses and both are good enough to warrant a thriving competitive scene. The challenge will be getting both sides to peacefully coexist and refrain from infighting and spreading misinformation about either game or its community. Already a decent number of Melee fans are making broad statements about Smash 4 that are either known to be untrue or otherwise have no substance behind them beyond some casual theorycrafting based on largely unexplored mechanics, and in response a number of Smash 4 fans have responded by saying some less than flattering things about Melee fans in general. I really hope we can move beyond this stuff because I've had enough of this Melee vs. Brawl stuff.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
To answer OP's question, no.

Another reasonable question to ask is which game will have a larger following; rightfully most of this thread has focused on that question. To answer that, I'd say Smash 4 will initially have more fans, whereas Melee will have more loyal fans. Since Smash 4 is a new game, keener band-wagoners will start showing up to tournaments. I suspect most of these guys will be under prepared and under committed, and I expect most of them will attend no more than a few tourneys. After weeding out said players, Smash 4 will be left with a relatively larger group of die hards than Melee. However, after a few years, I think Smash 4's meta will stagnate hard and the fans that will have stayed with the series will migrate to Melee/Project M.

Senario

Smash Ace
Melee will always see play even if it's a side tournament. Due to the complexity of the game and the fondness/nostalgia people have for it, it'll probably hang around most tournament scenes in some fashion. Much like Street Fighter 2 / 3 still see side tournaments at major events, the games are classics with large followings, even if they aren't the latest entry in that franchise.

It's probably in the communities best interest to focus on Smash U since it's new and has great potential to bring in new players. I understand why a lot of people went back from Brawl to Melee, Brawl was widely considered a disappointment to many players. Smash 4 won't play like Melee, but if it's a good competitive game than the community really should embrace it as the tournament standard. Even then, Melee should stick around in side tournaments and such because it's just a great game. I imagine that Smash 4 will probably kill Brawl off completely though in the competitive scene.
I would disagree. We don't have to adopt anything as the "tournament standard" Thing is, melee/PM are so far different from Brawl/Smash 4 that they are almost different games within the same genre. Sure you share characters but the fact is that both groups are going in different directions and it is up to preference where you want to go.

I'll be still sticking with melee and PM as my main focus. I'll maybe play smash 4 a bit depending on how the wii U version turns out. But honestly from the demo I don't have that same excited feeling (personally) as I do in both Melee and PM with all the crazy movement and depth that I enjoy.

Unlike Street fighter, the new smash isn't exactly made with competitive mechanics underlying everything. With a capcom fighter you can be sure the new version has just enough to make it competitively. With Smash it is more or less up in the air because of how different the game is to normal fighters and Sakurai's stance on competitive play (he doesn't want people to play that way).

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who played Melee up until the release of Smash 4 will still play Melee. People who left Melee for Brawl will leave Brawl for Smash 4. Those who didn't stop playing Melee for Brawl won't stop playing Melee for Smash 4.

As long as Nintendo doesn't actively try to force Smash 4 to replace Melee than Melee will maintain its status as the big Competitive Tournament Smash game.

Last edited:

JetCloud

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dairanto-Gaming
3DS FC
0146-9526-2827
Even with Smash 4 out people will always continue to play Melee it's that good of a game.

Last edited:

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I dunno.

Will you stop breathing after Smash 4 comes out?

I will...

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I hope that 4 will be the more prominent Smash, but I still hope Melee is still going.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Why would they? People didn't stop playing Super Mario 64 after Super Mario Galaxy came out. Melee and Smash 4 are very different, there's no reason they can't co-exist.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Melee it's that good of a game.
It really isn't.

But yeah, people will still play Melee when Smash 4 is out. Some will still play Brawl, other will still play Smash 64, etc.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I don't feel as satisfied when playing Smash 4 so I definitely won't stop playing Melee. If anything I may stop playing Smash 4. I played the demo for a whole month and went back to Melee and got bopped.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I feel that Smash 4 will take over Brawl and Melee since the gameplay was made to appeal to both Brawl and Melee players.
Brawl overtook Melee in every regard important to a business. Don't confuse a minority of competitive players sticking with it with it actually being the preferred version.

As much as I enjoy Melee, it's not the main Smash game now, nor has it been since Brawl came out. Even if competitive players stick to Melee (and the older ones still with it almost certainly will to some extent), that doesn't change anything. The real question is how well Smash 4 (on both consoles) will do against Brawl.

The competitive side may well end up being interesting, and Nintendo might actually give it a hand this time around, but it doesn't mean that it's the central, primary concern, or that anyone should write off the majority for a minority.

MiserableLie

Smash Rookie
I think Nintendo supporting the competitive scene will lead there to be a lot more money for pros playing Smash 4 than there is for Melee pros. I don't know what the numbers are for how many people can actually make a living off of playing Melee right now but it has got to be really low and getting lower, so if Nintendo continues to offer rewards for playing in Smash 4 tournaments I think most top level players will jump off of Melee in favor of Smash 4 which could lead to the end of the Melee scene

Last edited:

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
A comment with quite a number of upvotes from the reddit thread that Joe73191 posted earlier.

"Good post.
The most important thing is this.
When Brawl came out, a lot of Melee players viewed Brawl as killing off their game as Brawl tournaments eclipsed as Melee tournaments took a second seat and Brawl tournaments had larger attendance.
They handled it by being rude and mean to Brawl players. They taunted and ridiculed Brawl players, they ridiculed the game, and certain notable Melee players whom I could name would pick the campiest characters (usually Metaknight) and enter Brawl tournaments as that character and stall the timer and play as annoying as possible while making fun of the game and telling everyone how much better Melee was. They actively thought that by bashing the game, they would help quicken it's downfall. It didn't work- Brawl didn't die until about five years later.
All it did was grow a new generation of Brawl players, many of whom wanted nothing to do with Melee because of how rude Melee players were to them. I can name you several Brawl players who now play PM and not Melee because of how they were treated by the Melee community.
Also, as a PM main today, I am worried about PM for the same reason :( PM is, in my mind, the best Smash...but TOs won't be able to run Melee singles, doubles, Smash 4 singles, doubles, AND PM. PM will probably get dropped
."

That last part starting with "Also as a PM main" is just the posters opinion, but most of what he said rings true unfortunately. When Brawl came out....oh lord where does one start on the constant flame wars over which game was better and that was just the icing on the cake really. While there were a few Brawl players here and there who went and started **** with the Melee community out of spite; can you honestly not blame most of the Melee community for going out of their way to make anyone who DARE LIKED Brawl over Melee feel like the unpopular kid at school who's life is subject to bullies and constant misery day in and day out? Yes Brawl had some glaring problems and could have been sped up even if just a bit, but what matters is that some people still enjoyed it and some notable players made a name for themselves in the competitive community such as ZeR0 (of the smash 4 invitational tournament fame as of late) by cutting their teeth with Brawl.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and cut to the chase real quick. Melee fans, please, PLEASE, PLEASE STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM SMASH FOR 3DS/WII U'S FANBASE/COMPETITIVE SCENE IF YOU EITHER HAVE NOTHING NICE TO CONTRIBUTE TO CONVERSATION SUCH AS "4 IS A CAMPY SNOOZEFEST JUST LIKE BRAWL WAS. #meleeforever " OR WILL TRY TO MAKE 4 LOOK LIKE SOME LAME GAME THAT ACCORDING TO YOU "Only casuals and people with no skill will enjoy this excuse of a fighting game." LIKE MANY OF YOUR WELL KNOWN MELEE PLAYERS (gasp) DID WITH BRAWL AT ITS OWN TOURNAMENTS BACK IN THE DAY.

On a more personal and serious note, I understand not all of the Melee community is like that or was like that during Brawl's heyday, but as they say, it only takes a few bad apples to ruin the whole bunch. I also understand some of you prefer Melee/PM over 4 and whatever, we won't miss you one bit as 4 will undoubtedly bring in an influx of new players that will probably surpass that of Brawl's numbers over time. Still, if you are a Melee fan/diehard/enthusiast/elitist/etc. that is perfectly fine, but as I said, stay far away from 4's community if all you are going to do is "troll" for lack of a better term and try to make us feel like we are somehow stupid for liking a game with more of an emphasis on outwitting your opponent and going for the kill when it presents itself rather than zero to death combos that incorporate flashy and glitch like exploits that the majority can't even pull off to save their lives.

As the poster on reddit who's comment I quoted said, all the Melee crowd's bullying of the Brawl crowd got them in the end was a bunch of good to great Brawl players who have since moved on to Project M who also refuse to have anything to do with the game who's fan base decided to act like total assholes towards them and their game of choice for the most part all because they didn't like what Brawl had to offer. With 4 making waves in the community both good and bad depending on whom you ask, I ask you this Melee fans and yes Project Melee fans as well who have done nothing but be sour towards 3DS/Wii U the last few months and cause many people to not even consider either of your communities from now on all thanks to your acidic holier than thou egos that refuse to die. (Remember this only applies to the really bad apples in the Melee/PM community)

Do you want a rerun of the last five-six years in the smash bros community? Do you want to recreate the chaos that was MELEE IS KING AND BRAWL IS A DIRTY HIDEOUS PEASANT or BRAWL ISN'T BAD. YOU MELEE PURISTS NEED TO ACCEPT THAT OR ELSE! Do you want to drive away potential Melee/PM players with your unpleasant attitudes and even unsportsmanlike actions towards 4 like some of you Melee players did with Brawl? One great divide was horrendous as is. The last thing the community needs right now or in the coming months is yet another childish and petty schism with 4 having arrived here on the 3DS. It is inevitable that Nintendo will very likely push 4 and its competitive scene as much as they can. They chose to support Melee at this years EVO and that is great sure, but don't expect them to continue said support next year or the year after.

From a business/marketing perspective. Melee; a 13 year old game's mere co-existence at the highest level of tournaments is enough to endanger the new game's success at the competitive scene. Before any of you say "lolz go be a doom prophet elsewhere", please listen to what I'm trying to get across here. Nintendo's only recently chosen to acknowledge that a competitive community for their fighting game series even exists. With 4 having been developed with mechanics to help please hardcore players who like going to tournaments and competing in them, it would look very bad on Sakurai and Namco Bandai's part if Melee continued to be the dominant game at the likes of EVO/MLG from this point onward and thus overshadow 4's infant tournament scene which will need time to fully flesh out much like Melee and Brawl's did.

Melee will most likely continue to thrive at lesser tournaments (anything non MLG/EVO) while 4 goes out there and makes a name for itself mainly in the high level tournaments and that is A-Okay because of the former being the game that birthed the competitive scene of smash bros as a whole. It is not going anywhere anytime soon. Hell, Street Fighter II still has a dedicated community and that game over 20 years old. What is NOT A-Okay is Pro-Melee/PM fans that are going out of their way to insult, bash, and bully players who prefer 3DS/Wii U this early into the latter's life. Brawl players had a very rough time as it was having to put up with most of the Melee communities unjustified attacks on their community and again, all that did was convince the former that the latter's existence wasn't worth acknowledging much less their game of choice.

I'm praying us players who will be mostly a part of 4's community be it new players or Brawl players migrating over to 4 won't have to go through what the Brawl community sadly did. However if we do, we can just give Melee/PM players the cold shoulder and refuse to have Melee/PM tournaments of our own until we see a genuine change in the attitudes of some of those players who are causing us to feel like crap in the first place. A much better idea than stooping to their own level by hurling insults levied at them wouldn't you agree? I'm praying that the majority of the entire smash bros community as a whole can at least be amicable to each other if nothing else as time goes on from now. 3DS/Wii U is more or less the best of both Melee and Brawl and it would sure be a shame to see another large schism happen to the community all thanks to a vocal minority who will never be satisfied with any smash game post Melee!*

* Plenty of Melee and PM players are at least willing to give 4 a shot competitively speaking. However, it goes without saying that there will always be a select few out there on the internet who will gripe on and on without cease about how "boring" or "lame" 4 is according to them or even how "****ing stupid" Sakurai supposedly is for making a game that can appeal to both beginners and experienced players regardless of the fact he got help from Namco Bandai on overall gameplay and design choices. (god forbid he makes a game that doesn't repeat Melee's accidental mistake of being TOO competitive and having a high learning curve because of it that intimidates new players looking to get into the tournament scene while still having some competitive appeal in it!)

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
There's absolutely no reason to "stop" playing Melee for Smash 4 because they're entirely different games.
I won't try to say one is better than the other, it's another debate, but even then, we shouldn't treat 4 as a direct replacement. The two games don't share the same design philosophies, they have different ways of treating speed, gravity, momentum, on and off stage gameplay, the characters have different strenghts and weaknesses, the matches are obviously different as well. Even if Nintendo pushes 4 as the main competitive game, those differences won't magically disappear.

Like many others in this thread say, this isn't exclusive to Smash. You still have (albeit small) scenes for SF2 and SF3, even when SF4 imposed itself as the main event, because people still prefer how they play. It will be the same here, simply because there will always be people who like Melee better. What is a bigger concern to me is whether or not 4 will have a thriving competitive scene of his own, with his own strengths and weaknesses. Obviously, it will be a long road before we can judge, and the game will have flaws as nothing can be perfect. But I trust Namco to make the good decisions to help the game grow, not as 64 2.0, Melee 2.0 or Brawl 2.0, but as Smash 4 and nothing else.

Last edited:

MiserableLie

Smash Rookie
I don't even understand why Sakurai really cares about the hardcore scene. The whole point of creating Smash was to make a fighting game that didn't require a high level of skill to play. That's why it's a four player game with hilarious character imbalance crazy items and lots of luck. A small group of people were just so passionate about the game that they found a way to play it in a competitive way. 1 Vs. 1 no items, select stages, etc.
And Melee just happened to have just the right combination of glitches you could abuse to push the game to an extremely speedy and competitive level.

The people who play the game hardcore probably make up a very small portion of the sales compared to the people who just play it the same way they play Mario Party. So I don't think it makes sense to cater to them in any way if you're trying to get the most sales which is no doubt the goal of any game. It makes perfect sense that Sakurai in Brawl would add features like tripping in order to get away from being a competitive game while also slowing the pace of the game and making it easier to not suicide.
In his eyes Melee failed to be what he set out to create despite its super success.

That being said Melee is an amazing game that managed to be both fun to play with friends and also fun to spectate and play at a high level. It's not a hard game to get into at all unless you start with Brawl which runs at half speed or whatever. It's truly a one of a kind fighter that I hope people continue to play. It's the only "esport" I actually enjoy watching.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
From a business/marketing perspective. Melee; a 13 year old game's mere co-existence at the highest level of tournaments is enough to endanger the new game's success at the competitive scene. Before any of you say "lolz go be a doom prophet elsewhere", please listen to what I'm trying to get across here. Nintendo's only recently chosen to acknowledge that a competitive community for their fighting game series even exists. With 4 having been developed with mechanics to help please hardcore players who like going to tournaments and competing in them, it would look very bad on Sakurai and Namco Bandai's part if Melee continued to be the dominant game at the likes of EVO/MLG from this point onward and thus overshadow 4's infant tournament scene which will need time to fully flesh out much like Melee and Brawl's did.
The thing is I am not going to spend hundreds of dollars for plane tickets and hotel to go to tournaments that Melee isn't at. It would look bad for Sakurai if Melee continued to be the dominant game. However only by having both events at the same tournament and seeing which gets more attendees will you have an honest representation of what people prefer whether it looks bad for them or not. If it looks bad for them, oh well, they can learn from their mistakes.

3DS/Wii U is more or less the best of both Melee and Brawl
If people say this enough times, someone might actually start to believe it, and it simply isn't true. "Smash 4 is perfectly in between Melee and Brawl." "Smash 4 will take over because it was made to appeal to casuals and competitive players." I see it all the time and it bothers me. Smash 4 doesn't have enough f the mechanics or the physics to warrant it being between Melee and Brawl. It is better than Brawl, it has many good things, but it also it much closer to Brawl and 64 than it is to Melee.

As far as the rudeness of the community I will say I am critical of Smash 4, it is true, but I don't insult people, curse, use useless adjectives like "stupid" when referring to it. Anyone who is rude, obnoxious, or hurtful when referring to any game, Melee, Brawl or Smash 4 just shows how poorly they were raised. I speak my opinions about the mechanics, nothing more, nothing less, I use plain simple terms without, yelling, cursing, or using degrading adjectives. Yet still, people get very oversensitive and down right insulted when I say anything relating to the fact that I prefer certain things about Melee or that I don't like certain about Smash 4.

People have every right to get mad and insulted when people are hurtful, obnoxious or rude, it would make sense for people to lash out in those circumstances, however people still lash out and are rude even when people are simply stating opinions in non-aggressive way. It makes it so people can't express feelings or opinions without it starting a flame war. I just wish people could express themselves without everyone else getting so defensive.

DownWitDaWaveDash

Smash Apprentice
Brawl overtook Melee in every regard important to a business. Don't confuse a minority of competitive players sticking with it with it actually being the preferred version.

As much as I enjoy Melee, it's not the main Smash game now, nor has it been since Brawl came out. Even if competitive players stick to Melee (and the older ones still with it almost certainly will to some extent), that doesn't change anything. The real question is how well Smash 4 (on both consoles) will do against Brawl.

The competitive side may well end up being interesting, and Nintendo might actually give it a hand this time around, but it doesn't mean that it's the central, primary concern, or that anyone should write off the majority for a minority.
Thats not even a thought, the game doesn' t have to compete with brawl in the least. If anything it would be competing against PM and Melee. Brawl is done, over , in the ground and replaced. No one is going to stick around with brawl.

Top Bottom