• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Palutena's custom moves be allowed at tournies?

How should Palutena's custom moves be handled in tournies?

• Restrict her to her defaults

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Have a few pre-set movesets

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Allow full customization

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Unlike other Fighters Palutena's customs are all unlocked from the start so at the least there's no unlock time reason to not do so. Only problem I can see is in having to set her custom moves every time.

What do you think?
* Restrict her to her defaults?
* Have a few pre-set movesets?
* Allow full customization?

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
It's really all going to depend on the logistics on the Wii U version, since I suspect 3DS tournaments will die off pretty quickly when that comes out. Currently everyone can have their setups all made up before the tournament even starts, but on Wii U where everyone will have to customize on the fly it's going to depend on how much time it takes. In a perfect world the Wii U version would have a way to quickly select them from the character select screen--but I'm not holding my breath.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I think there will be pre-sets to save time in the wii u version.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If pre-sets are chosen what ones would there be?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Custom moves are likely to be fully allowed on every character. There is no sound reason for them not to be.

Selecting customs at character select takes less than 10 seconds.

Edit: Palutena is going to have a lot of problematic matchups if she is stuck with her default counter-campy set. Customs are probably more important to her than anyone, no surprise.

Last edited:

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be allowed on the 3ds. But, as mysterioussilver said: when the wii U version is released, there won't be many 3ds tourneys, so we'll have to see what happens then. Perhaps the amiibo figurines work like a memory stick and can save stuff like that. We'll have to see. Till then, it should definitely be allowed.

Hong

The Strongest
I hope the Wii U version will ease the minds of the reluctant. As a TO myself, I think transparency in custom move selection will make the process more comfortable for people. Hopefully the moves are easy to acquire on the Wii U version to ensure that we have an easy time, logistically. Honestly, other game communities have no issues ensuring everything available is unlocked, so I hope the Smash community can get its **** together to make this work.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Well, I am personally glad I got powersaves, an action replay for the 3ds (for pokemon reasons). Just one single button and I had everything unlocked. Twice, as I've got two 3dses. But yeah, I hope it's no pain to get it on the wii u version.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think customization should be allowed period, however only with special moves, I think the power ups that increase things like attack, defense, speed should be banned to keep things fair.

Top Bottom