• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Online play ever see a rank/ladder system?

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
This would actually help balance matchmaking skill level and make For Glory (and even spectate betting) that much better. It would give even more incentive to play competitively (outside of local offline tournies of course) and drive players to actually strive to improve and earn a reputation outside of SWF, locally, or elsewhere.

Just something I know I and others are kind of hoping for. I won't be too disappointed if we don't get it because I'm sure there's other sites similar to what AiB and GB years ago had offered in terms of this kind of system. That and I'm not exactly expecting it, but is it possible we may see something of this nature in a future patch? I know we're supposed to be getting a tournament mode as well, but this hasn't exactly been emphasized or reflected on too much as of recent. If anyone has any news or information regarding this topic, or even just opinions or suggestions to make it happen weigh in, I'd like to start a discussion about it.

~Msf

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
It would stop players from changing their name to "UR BAD" and "NOOB" after every single game.
(Just please don't make it like GSP)

Last edited:

xTMPRx

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea, rank based matchmaking with ranks would take the game to a whole other level I feel.

HoboJoe

Smash Rookie
I would love it. Any kind of matchmaking would really be warranted, it's not cool to have a majority of my games matched up against people who seem to be new to the game. But hey, at least there is Anther's Ladder, close enough, I guess, there just isn't the skill disparity on Anther's to help out low level players.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I want it trust me, but the all FD just doesn't make me like the idea. Stages play a big factor in whether someone wins or not. (For example, Diddy's hoo hah before the patch killed at, what, 60% off of the top of Halberd?) My argument is, the only FD will affect things but I would play the crap out of For Glory if this was added.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
I feel like lobbies, rank system and a lot of other things should be in the game. The Wii U is so far behind in online networking compared to XBOX and PS. I know they wanted to minimize competition for this game to an extent but it's kind of ridiculous that there is no voice chat and a shload of other things missing from the Wii U online.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I feel like lobbies, rank system and a lot of other things should be in the game. The Wii U is so far behind in online networking compared to XBOX and PS. I know they wanted to minimize competition for this game to an extent but it's kind of ridiculous that there is no voice chat and a shload of other things missing from the Wii U online.
Without a doubt. With the direction that eSports is taking, I don't understand why Nintendo insists on being a casual gaming console. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that at all, but there has to be some kind of... compromise taking place between the two. Patch balance the game to keep it competitive and fair, add some game functionality for the serious gamers and allow the other game modes to be for the casual less serious players. Simple yet so complicated to explain for convincing Nintendo.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
We need it. I really hope it happens eventually. Maybe when tourney mode comes? Fingers crossed but not expecting anything.

Last edited:

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
That's how I feel as well. Maybe it's time for a mass email to Nintendo demanding updates on tournament mode status. Probably coming with Lucas DLC tbh. Seeing as we got costume updates with Mewtwo.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
also if nintendo could include a region select that would be great...because im tired of playing people who live on the moon or some **** because the game is so damn laggy

Top Bottom