• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Olimar have Pikmin at the start of the match?

sfxfly

Smash Rookie
It seems like a valid question. It would surely alter the outcome of many matches. To me it seems like it would be fair if Olimar had access to all 6 pikmin at the start of the match. Otherwise you would constantly have to find time at the beginning of the match to pluck all 6 Pikmin. It probably won't take long but still, it could mean the difference between damage that could have been avoided.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Well. . .because his character name is "Pikmin and Olimar" I believe he will start off with 5 Pikimin, 1 of each colour.

Torchik

Smash Ace
I think he can pick them really quickly. Maybe at Peach's turnip picking pace or a bit faster. It would be easier if you started off with them, but it wouldn't be that hard if you didn't.

Invader Phantom

Smash Rookie
Agree too. I think he starts with the blue Pikmin, the red one and the yellow one. I think they are the standard Pikmins.

NessFan2

Smash Cadet
I think he starts with 3 random Pikmin, and has to pluck more.

Again, though, look at the picture on Dojo for him plucking them. There's 2 still landing and he's pulling up another!

He doesn't start with any. You think that he'd get more every time he was KOd and brought back on the recovery platform? With the Pikmin Pluck move, there is no need for Olimar to start with any Pikmin. Even the Dojo says that you must "First uproot a few Pikmin from the ground". So no, he doesn't start with any Pikmin.

Top Bottom