• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Ness fall off the wagon eventually?

High Entia

Smash Rookie
You really think Ness will drop as low as ROB is in brawl or as low as mario in melee? Keep in mind the predecessors have a smaller roster. So Mario being 15 in melee means hes in low tier, in regards to melee. If a character was 15 in smash 4, then he'd be relatively high on the tier list. So in which context are you referring too? If you mean Ness will always be at least top 20 in smash 4 (which means he'll always be in at least the high-mid tier area) that makes sense, but if you're suggesting his placement to drop to those similar to smash 64 or Mario in Melee, that means hes going to be pretty garbage. From what I'm to understand, Ness is way stronger in sm4sh than he was in any other smash game. I played as ness in melee the other day and he was so weak compared to what I play in smash 4. His attacks are lack-luster in melee. In smash 4 I can say he's super powerful outside his recovery. He racks up damage incredibly fast, not to mention all the options he has. FOW on stream was mentioning something technical about smash 4 that makes Ness that much better... I can't remember exactly what he said but it was something about the mechanics of the game with get-up or grab release. Anyways, I hope he doesn't drop THAT low- as your examples were with ROB and Mario.
Those were just comparisons that I was using to show how characters in the previous games were considered to be good before falling. I believe Ness will always be Top 20, considering how good his grab game and back throw are. However, I have a feeling that, in a couple years, he'll be standing around the 18-20 mark. I just can't see him staying as a top tier character with his flaws and Rosalina being as dominant as she is.

marioarturo2000

Smash Rookie
NNID
TuathaDanaan
There are actually people who think Ness is hard to use? I thought you all were joking.
I don't think he is hard to use, but almost every character is "easy" to use in sm4sh compared to melee, sm4sh is so much about fundamentals and not about difficult advanced techniques. I'm thinking maybe the only ones that are somewhat hard are Ryu, Greninja, Pac-Man and maybe Roy and Wii Fit Trainer

Earthy

Smash Rookie
Yes, I do most likely because he is a one trick pony. so yeah, maybe

Top Bottom